Author Topic: restaurant  (Read 4783 times)

Offline jamiekelly

• Forager
    • View Profile
restaurant
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:12:25 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMQBxJ3K0qk

If only there were restuarants like this where im from :)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: restaurant
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:21:10 am »
@ 00:12 look how yellow that fat is!
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:07:44 am »
I only once visited an Ethiopian restaurant in London, and they reacted very weirdly to my request for a raw-meat-dish. In the end I got some heavily cooked dish of meat which was not what I wanted.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rawpaleo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 11:17:12 am »
Nice video. This looks like they are serving it up straight gored gored style. I have always been able to get raw kitfo at Ethiopian restaurants in the US: in Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and in Maryland. Actually, they usually are pleasantly surprised when I stress that I want it raw, not cooked. The best raw meat dish I ever had though was a raw beef salad at a Cambodian restaurant in Long Beach, CA. It was all thinly sliced beef, little chunks of lemon grass, cilantro, hot pepper, mint, and a few other herbs I didn't know the names of, and some fish sauce. It was a really big portion for the price.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 11:28:00 am »
That sounds delicious. Do you happen to remember the name of the restaurant?
Gnawing on bones.

Offline rawpaleo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 10:20:46 pm »

Hak Heang Restaurant
2041 E Anaheim St
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 434-0296

It is not on the menu, but the raw shrimp salad is. So you need to point to the raw shrimp salad and say raw beef. Their English is not too good. They made it for me cooked once. But once they got to know me, they knew what to make. I think it was about $15 and it is a decent portion. Wish I had taken a picture.

I think the Cambodian for raw beef salad is "plea sait ko" but not sure.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:24:06 am »
There are lots of Ethiopian restaurants in San Jose. When we order kitfo, we are always asked how we want it cooked. It think it's a polite way of confirming that we do want it raw. I don't go to these restaurants often because the major portion of the meal is cooked, including the injera on which everything is served. Also, the hot-spice level is way beyond my tolerance. If I found a restaurant like the one in the youtube, I'd be there every day!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk