Author Topic: BEGINNER ON RAW PALEO  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Cheska

• Forager
    • View Profile
BEGINNER ON RAW PALEO
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:16:34 am »
Hello ! I'm very new to this, and was glad to find a forum.  I have always had a fairly healthy lifestyle: eat pretty good (but was still eating the bad once in a blue moon), and I'm a fan of sports and working out. But, I wanted to challenge myself to see just how healthy I can be - so here I am! :)

I have decided to try a raw paleo diet, though I am not sure if it will be 100% because I am afraid to try chicken raw, lol. But fish and beef I am okay with. However, I am not sure how to prepare a raw ground beef dish. Can anyone help me out? I haven't tried yet. I do buy grass fed beef and everything else organically. Just need a little direction from those who have experience! :)
I haven't eaten raw yet but I have slowly started weeding out what I don't want which is sugar, wheat. I have been eating raw veggies and fruit, nuts, and I lightly cook salmon burgers and chicken, for a few days as I slowly walk into this, and figure it out.

Anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: BEGINNER ON RAW PALEO
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:42:09 am »
you can just pretend you are making meatballs or meatloaf, add seasonings, egg yolks, onions, garlic...etc....and then just munch down on it raw. 

i would suggest you make sure to get some bone broth going and also eat up on some organs, livers and hearts seem to be the most common, you can grind the liver up in the meat if you dont like the texture.  heart is a big lean muscle meat that is very tender and very easy to eat raw.  both of these have complimentary amino acids to go with your muscle meat.  be sure to eat plenty of animal fats, variety, and a good dose of seaweeds or sea animals :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:07:05 am »
However, I am not sure how to prepare a raw ground beef dish.
Welcome!

There’s nothing to prepare, grind, process, season or mix… eat it as it is, unprocessed, unmixed, just in natural state. You can age the meat, it is generally tastier aged and gamey than fresh. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:15 am »
Try steak tartare. That's raw minced beef plus raw egg. Make sure the meat is grassfed etc. Here is further info for newbies:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

Most chicken are unhealthy being fed on 100% grainfed diets. Better to avoid them, however raw.  I far prefer  raw wild duck, anyway.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
I don't like ground meats.
Just cut it up in sashimi sized cubes plain with fat.
Grass fed tastes best.  Taste around.
And raw meat for newbies taste only really good when you are really hungry.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:32:53 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:18:32 pm »
I started out like an adventure. I tried everything that people mentioned on this forum. I liked raw meat plain and unseasoned. I've bought ground meats, but I prefer buying a chunk of meat and cutting it myself. I started feeling great immediately, and people noticed that I looked better after only two days.

Have fun with raw!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk