Author Topic: Menopause and big requirement for calcium: natural occurences or due to processe  (Read 3681 times)

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
I posted this on another forum (raw vegan) forum a while ago. The females there have said that they find menstruation far easier when eating raw foods anyway. One posted this url:  http://debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/periods-they-may-be-normal-but-are-they.html

Additional RAF slant: Fool Wrangham once commented on an experiment showing raw foodist women lost tons of weight and didn't menstruate and summed up something like: "How could we have reproduced if we weren't menstruating?!". Obviously either the women would start menstruating again and maybe it was the rapid weight loss that caused it. Secondly.... the earlier the menarche, the bleaker a girl's metabolic syndrome outlook is throughout life, the correlation is extraordinary. By age 14 it may be too late to turn back the clock on some things.

First of all, I take calcium and vitamin d3 supplements because I'm afraid of bone deterioration. I know I could go for greens with calcium in them... but why should I????? How would primitive man know calcium was in such and such a plant???? He wouldn't!!!!! Primitive man just ate as he pleased and was perfectly evolved for that.

You know how (most of our) our parents' generation is shorter than us? That's because we have better nutrition and healthcare nowadays right? WRONG!!!! It's because we have WORSE nutrition!!!

Since day one we're overloaded with high-energy, unnatural foods and almost definitely dairy products that are LACED with growth hormones and huge amounts of calcium right through our teenage years. The body grows to an unnatural size. This isn't a natural height to be, THAT'S why we need such a huge supply of calcium and otherwise can get osteoporosis or other horrible bone diseases... our bones are brittle and too elongated and we need so much calcium for life. This goes on right throughout our teenage years, especially our growth years. We were never meant to take that milk except when we were growing rapidly and a baby!!! That's for calves!!!!

If you look at the longest living, the Asians and especially the Okinawans, they're all short. We're unnaturally large, we had too much calcium since day one and we need it now.

I realise the menopause one is a bit strange and I may be wrong on it, but I had this idea myself a while ago and the more I think about it, the more this seems to make sense.

Humans are basically the only species that goes through menopause (some primates that have been fed human foods seem to go through it when extremely old). Don't you find this very strange??? That out of all the species we're the only one???

Here's the thing: it doesn't make evolutionary sense! There's a few ideas about it, such as the grandmother helping her offspring... but to me it clearly doesn't make any sense that evolution would do that. Maybe it really is natural, but it feels very odd to me.

In America the age of menarche for girls is 10-11 whereas in rural China where their foods are plant-based, it's more like 18-19!!! Even back in old America in our parents' time it was 13-14. My old biology teacher told us that was because of better nutrition... WRONG!!!! It's because of FAR, FAR, WORSE nutrition!!! It's the exact same as the calcium. It's now very well established that the sooner you have menarche, the more fat you're likely to be and the more metabolic syndrome you're likely to have and the worse your risk for heart disease etc. (of course this could be changed if you change your eating habits).

When put on a raw diet (in a study trying to be against raw diets), women lost tons of weight and stopped menstruating. This, the authors concluded, showed that raw food diets are unsustainable and we're not evolved for them at all, how can we be evolved for them if we can't reproduce on them?! I would bet my right arm that the women would start menstruating again if they continued on their raw diet... and would be at their healthiest weight. Then they would menstruate with LESS EGGS and possibly more slowly... not this quick rush to release all their eggs that would later put them in menopause.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
There is more to the issue of menstruation.

Such as hormones in food like soya.
Such as gmo.
Such as the body knowing the bad foods lead to a short life so wanting to reproduce early.
Such as there are not enough materials to reproduce with.
Such as eating hotdogs with mixture of different animal parts from different animals... gross.
etc. etc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I agree , menopause doesn't seem logical even with the grandmother issue. On the other hand, a beneficial mutation that, say, greatly  enhances lifespan(as is supposed to have happened very recently(30,000 years ago?) might also have a downside re encouraging menopause to start, but the beneficial effect of increased longevity might easily counteract the negative consequences of menopause, thus allowing the trait of emnopause to continue.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

Early menses was supposed to be because of the sea of xeno-estrogens recently added to our environment.

Raw foodist women who stop mentsruating are doing raw veg. - the word from tropical jungle-type hunters is that they can't make babies unless they eat meat.

Women who eat a neolithic diet stop menstruating, they also get sick and age rapidly.

This is well known.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
Raw foodist women who stop mentsruating are doing raw veg. - the word from tropical jungle-type hunters is that they can't make babies unless they eat meat.

Women who eat a neolithic diet stop menstruating, they also get sick and age rapidly.

This is well known.

In this context, what exactly do you mean by "neolithic diet"?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

William

In this context, what exactly do you mean by "neolithic diet"?

Everything that is not paleo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk