Author Topic: I dont understand raw meat???  (Read 6530 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I dont understand raw meat???
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »
Ive been eating a little raw meet lately and trying to get use to it so i can eat it regularly. I just dont understand why dont people get sick from it or get parasites from it??? You always read stories on this happening why doesnt it happen to anyone whos raw paleo?
thanks
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

William

Re: I dont understand raw meat???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:12:39 pm »
Ive been eating a little raw meet lately and trying to get use to it so i can eat it regularly. I just dont understand why dont people get sick from it or get parasites from it??? You always read stories on this happening why doesnt it happen to anyone whos raw paleo?
thanks

1- We have super powers unknown to others.

2- We don't know.

However there is the story that parasites eat dead (mostly meaning cooked) things, and there's nothing dead in us for them to eat. I like this story.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:38:54 pm »
thanks

The urban legends about raw meat are wrong.

The Japanese are a 127 million strong population of raw sea food eaters.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 04:10:25 pm »
Wow! im actually really suprised that i never thought of that but do they eat any other raw animal besides seafood.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »
Wow! im actually really suprised that i never thought of that but do they eat any other raw animal besides seafood.

I eat more raw beef than sea food.  Tried goat, chicken, duck, lamb.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:31:36 pm »

Beef carpaccio

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
but do they eat any other raw animal besides seafood

From Wikipedia, their sashimi article:

raw red meats, such as beef, known as gyuunotataki, and horse, known as basashi. Chicken "sashimi", known as toriwasa, is considered by some to be a delicacy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 07:41:49 pm »
  They also eat raw hornet sashimi. They've been more inventive in light of the fact that tuna is becoming a rarer resource re making sashimi.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »
The whole issue re food-poisoning/parasites has already been discussed before on these forums. For 1 thing, as I pointed out previously, food-poisoning outbreaks only seem to occur in very old or very sick individuals with very poor health, generally health-problems gained while on SAD diets. Of course, that doesn't entirely explain why RPDers who start this diet with serious health-problems gained while on SAD, don't have such food-poisoning issues. The only suitable explanation is that bacteria plus high-quality raw foods is good, while bacteria plus low-quality cooked foods is bad.

The issue re parasites is more complex. The hygiene hypothesis states that being totally free of parasites is very bad for you as it encourages things like asthma/allergies, lowered immune-system etc. etc(indeed people in developing nations are in many ways healthier than the West precisely because they have parasites). Also, farmers so commonly deworm their animals that the chances of getting parasites is minimal. Then again, you have RVAFers like me who eat raw wild game as a large proportion of their diet, who similiarly report no issues re parasites. Now, either we are all infested with parasites and those parasites are either beneficial or have negligible effect, or the dangers re parasite-numbers in raw animal foods is very greatly exaggerated.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »
When people recoil in horror when they see me eating raw meat and suggest that I’m going to die from e-coli or salmonella I just ask them about all the out breaks of these infections that they can remember.  As we discuss the issue I note that there was the problem with spinach, then strawberries, then tomatoes, then peanut butter, etc, etc, - all products normally touted as wonderful when eaten raw.  No one seems to remember the last time anyone got sick from eating raw meat, raw or otherwise.

Of course it does happen, but the truth is it is rare.  And it is even more rare as I can’t think of even one case when the meat was grass-fed and grass-finished.

I’m also sure that parasites do exist, but as Tyler states, this too seems to be rare.  Our bodies also seem to be able to handle some load of parasites without issue- and possible benefit.  It is well known that humans can become overloaded with iron to the point of toxicity. There is some thought that we evolved to conserve and recycle iron efficiently due to parasites.  Since we don’t have parasites pulling blood (hence iron) from our systems, or bodies still tend to horde the iron and it builds up to toxic levels – at least that’s the theory.

Most parasites are also easily taken care of.  You just need to go in for your monthly worming… ;D

Lex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk