Author Topic: Reccomend a good natural deoderant  (Read 13763 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Reccomend a good natural deoderant
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 09:52:21 am »
Swimming in ocean works well.

I still prefer to let my smell roam. Deoderant and B.O. is a new invention.

Do any of the girls here not wear form of deoderant at all, like some of us men on here?

i don't  -X   i use coconut oil mixed with essential oils, and that is the extent of deodorant for me. i've had people ask me what i'm wearing (so they can go buy it), so i don't think i smell badly  -\   

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 09:59:21 am »
vegetarians do claim that meat eaters have a distinctive odor.

i thought i knew what this meant, but the smell i'm thinking of i've smelled on my friends/teammates the morning after they drank way too much and even on my mom when she's just in the mood to eat a bunch of junk.  so i think it's just a smell of overeating, veg or not veg.  i think the vegetarians are just trying to be better than the rest of us, but who knows.  they also say wild animals like them better cuz the animals can smell that they are not meat eaters, ie. not going to eat them.. so ridiculous and righteous thing to say!.. like they are at peace with the entire animal kingdom, hahaha.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 07:25:56 pm »
they also say wild animals like them better cuz the animals can smell that they are not meat eaters, ie. not going to eat them.. so ridiculous and righteous thing to say!.. like they are at peace with the entire animal kingdom, hahaha.
Dogs and cats have always approached me very enthusiastically since I was a little kid but since going RAF there's an extra git of vigor in their approach.  They can't get enough time with me. Let's hope if I ever meet a large animal that would consider me food that my scent doesn't whet it's appetite. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:42 pm »
Swimming in ocean works well.

I still prefer to let my smell roam. Deoderant and B.O. is a new invention.

Do any of the girls here not wear form of deoderant at all, like some of us men on here?

I don't usually wear deodorant. Occasionally, if I've eaten SAD junk and/or I'm feeling a bit paranoid, I will use crystal deodorant when I'm gigging because I sweat a lot when I work - my arms go up, I move around a lot, I'm kind of in people's faces, people come close to me, and people are eating... so I don't want to put anybody off. I use the Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal "Stone in Dish" - it is pretty and has less packaging/plastic than the other varieties. Since I use it only a few times a month, it might last for ten years. ;)  I don't think I really need it though.

I don't use perfume, or maybe once in a while I like to smell a drop of essential oil around me.

I LOVE essential oils too. I'm into Kate's Magik right now: http://www.katesmagik.com/anointing-oils.html

Whenever I go to WF, I stop by Health and Beauty and run my hands over the Kate's Magik display and let my fingers/body/spirit choose which sample to try. I read the description/purpose of the Anointing/Chakra Oil and am always pleased/delighted by what my body has so appropriately chosen... It reaffirms (or enlightens) what I'm working on or processing in my life at the moment and whenever I smell the inside of my wrists, the scent is a subtle, sensual, healing/comforting reminder of how perfect things are; how I'm exactly where I need to be, am supposed to be; how the universe is on my side; and how things are going my way. Some of the scents are truly blissful/divine and out of this world. :)

Offline Cinna

• Bear Hunter
  • "dreamy/dreamer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 08:48:30 pm »
Dogs and cats have always approached me very enthusiastically since I was a little kid but since going RAF there's an extra git of vigor in their approach.  They can't get enough time with me. Let's hope if I ever meet a large animal that would consider me food that my scent doesn't whet it's appetite. ;D

I'm sure it's because you have a wonderful, kind soul and they're thinking, "Ooh, ooh! Fellow carnivore, fellow carnivore! How are you, fellow carnivore/kind soul??" :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2010, 09:15:28 pm »
The only animals that love going near me are flies and wasps. They get absolutely frantic once they smell any raw meats I bring out. Cooked meats don't get them anywhere near as excited, by comparison.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2010, 11:58:45 pm »
i thought i knew what this meant, but the smell i'm thinking of i've smelled on my friends/teammates the morning after they drank way too much and even on my mom when she's just in the mood to eat a bunch of junk.  so i think it's just a smell of overeating, veg or not veg.  i think the vegetarians are just trying to be better than the rest of us, but who knows.  they also say wild animals like them better cuz the animals can smell that they are not meat eaters, ie. not going to eat them.. so ridiculous and righteous thing to say!.. like they are at peace with the entire animal kingdom, hahaha.

I think dogs and cats know that veg folks will sit around and give them snacky treats all day.

Dogs and cats have always approached me very enthusiastically since I was a little kid but since going RAF there's an extra git of vigor in their approach.  They can't get enough time with me. Let's hope if I ever meet a large animal that would consider me food that my scent doesn't whet it's appetite. ;D

haha, same. Dogs gone wild. I bet the bears in the wild who get pissed off enough to eat humans, are probably doubly disappointed with how they smell and taste.

---

I seem to go through phases with smells, In the past it was mentioned by another RAFer that I smelled really heavily of grass-fed beef, and that possibly this was not a good thing/indicator, perhaps of the liver. I havn't had many complaints recently and pretty much never smell (of BO anyway). I even specifically asked my raw/veg person who was doing my massage work and she claimed I did not smell, whereas other cooked paleo folks she worked on reaked to her. The only person that has mentioned anything else to me is when I have visited my folks my moms claims there is some lingering smell that does not smell like meat or BO. My only guess is this has something to do with ketosis rather than actually sweating out toxins or just plain smell of a meat eater?

I notice after using a shower filter for >3 months that when I take a shower elsewhere..I emit a really funky smell afterward similar to chlorine (which could be chlorine!). I shower pretty regularly since getting the filter, and use a Bronners type soap at least every few days on at least some my body.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk