Author Topic: How to eat Bone Marrow  (Read 10646 times)

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
How to eat Bone Marrow
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:48 am »
I heard that there is a lot of benefit eating raw bone marrow. Is it safe to eat it raw or should i freeze it first? Please help me out. I am a newbie on raw diet.

Thanks
Jimmy

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: How to eat Bone Marrow
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:42 am »
I eat raw marrow from the femur bone of grass-fed beef or lamb. I do not get it frozen, but sometimes fresh/frozen depends on your source. I wouldn't turn down frozen marrow if it was the only form available.

It is easiest to eat beef marrow if your butcher will slice the shank of the femur lengthwise. Lamb marrow can be poked out of the femur with a chopstick if the knuckle ends are sliced off.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:41 am »
Thanks for the advice! How much marrow should I consume per day?  I will definitly try out some lamb marrow.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:26:11 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »
Thanks for the advise! How much marrow should I consume per day? 

As much as tastes good to you.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:32 pm »
Yes.

I saw or/and break the bones and then dig inside with the handle of a spoon. It' difficult for me to find enough of it unless I get the bones of a mammoth...  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:05 pm »
Yes.

I saw or/and break the bones and then dig inside with the handle of a spoon. It' difficult for me to find enough of it unless I get the bones of a mammoth...  ;)
I find I have to ask specifically for marrow-rich bones. Then I get way more than enough. If I don't ask for that, I just get very thin bones meant for consumption by dogs, on the basis that dogs can't so easily complain about poor nutrition.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:01:28 am »
We have different ways to get our meat: it seems you can buy the parts you want, but I can't. I can only get half or entire animals such as muttons, wild boars, deer or badgers which have relatively small bones - unlike cows, horses or bison.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:38:14 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:12:44 am »
Yes.

I know.  I've never been able to eat the soft femur marrow to a taste change.  I always want more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk