Author Topic: Photos of Your Best Cuts of Meat  (Read 7350 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Photos of Your Best Cuts of Meat
« on: January 03, 2010, 09:33:36 am »
This morning January 3, 2010 I went to the wet market at Farmers Market and they had lots of good yellow fat beef today.  All the stalls had yellow fat beef.  Of course I picked the best.  And the best today was the T-Bone cut.  I asked the butcher the de-bone it and I got left with the meat and fat.

Awesome taste.  The butcher had me taste a strip of the yellow fat.  Marketing strategy, he wants me to taste the fat so I will buy more.  

I haggled for the price of 260 pesos per kilo from his quoted 270 per kilo.  I got 2.5 kilos.  Deboned it was only 1.75 kilos.

Beef killed around 12 midnight. Bought 8am. Never refrigerated.  Super fresh.

Happy New Year.  I hope this picture makes you smile.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Your Best Cuts of Meat
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:59:25 pm »
That looks extraordinarily ambrosian ;)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Raw Beef Pictures: I consume this much raw beef fat by this much proportion
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:42:52 pm »
I chanced upon another premium specimen of T-Bone beef at Farmers Market in Cubao. Should have been a lot more but I gave a quarter of this meat to my brother. We had this for lunch yesterday at the market never frozen. Asked the butcher to make into sashimi around 1/2 kilo for the two of us to consume for lunch.

I also like this beef when it is in the chiller portion of the refrigerator, that in between space between the freezer and the refrigerator compartments. This had blood collect in it for 1 day. Good 1/4 cup of it. The fat coming in from the cold like this is creamy butter, actually tastier than the Anchor butter that is available to me.

I took pictures of this raw beef “striploin” part to show you how much raw yellow fat there is on this meat. We call this live fat. “Buhay”. Unlike the fat around the kidneys which does not taste good we call “Tulog” or asleep… that doesn’t taste good. But I think the fat around the kidneys is what people use to render into pemmican? Help me out paleo friends…

Can you guys tell me what % fat this is by calories? By volume? I never did “get” those measurements right. I like relying on my taste buds at the moment. Like instinct.

I did not consume all of this in one sitting. Usually 1 pound or more is a good amount for me at a major meal like lunch or dinner.

Originally from my blog at http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/01/13/raw-beef-pictures-i-consume-this-much-raw-beef-fat-by-this-much-proportion/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:49:13 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
1st photo looks rather good.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:07:18 pm »
oh yum! i cannot find beef that fatty :( sometimes an expensive buffalo cut though i am sure they are finished on something :/  the fat was rather tastey and creamy, some was slightly waxy. 

i have this nice grassfed leg of lamb piece sitting on the counter, it has a thick ring of fat surrounding ruby red meat, with bone and marrow....empty stomach now, but not hungry, still taste buds are wanting!

i am quite jealous of that squid as well, i am totally land locked but hoping to fish soon and hoping somebody is spawning so i can feast on fresh eggs

William

I took pictures of this raw beef “striploin” part to show you how much raw yellow fat there is on this meat. We call this live fat. “Buhay”. Unlike the fat around the kidneys which does not taste good we call “Tulog” or asleep… that doesn’t taste good. But I think the fat around the kidneys is what people use to render into pemmican? Help me out paleo friends…

Can you guys tell me what % fat this is by calories? By volume? I never did “get” those measurements right. I like relying on my taste buds at the moment. Like instinct.

When I started making pemmican I used kidney fat - I think that this is what some are calling suet - and did not like it because of taste, as Lex wrote like a mix of sawdust and candle wax. Now I got the butcher to give me back fat, which looks like the fat in your pictures. Tastes much better.

As for % by looking at it, I use the rule from Blake F. Donaldon's book "Strong Medicine" - he wrote that fat on a steak should be 1/4 of what you can see. I think this would be about 70% by calories, anyway it worked for healing his patients who ate 3 6-ounce porterhouse steaks/day.
I too trust my taste to tell me when I've had enough fat, as long as I eat it first or with meat.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
In the supermarket where I live there is a butcher and a fishmonger inside. The butcher is only aloud to sell meat with a certain amount of fat(very very very low) and the rest, he must freeze and send away... Apparently. That's what he said.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk