Author Topic: Introducing Prehistorik  (Read 6300 times)

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Introducing Prehistorik
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:12:18 am »
Hello,

I don't like unnecessary self-disclosure on the Internet at all, I am only on this forum out of desperation :o and because I feel there is a lot of expertise on this forum.

I bought Cordain's "Paleo Diet" book several years ago out of curiosity.  I tried it out half-heartedly, but was never able to follow it consistently, so I mostly ate the SMD (Standard Modern Diet, not everyone is from America you know! ;) )  The book then mostly collected dust on the shelf.

Now I took a renewed interest in the diet, as I suffered from several health problems: 
- Beginning stages of hair loss, diffuse alopecia, for some years.
- Weak immune system and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, almost a year now, after contracting mononucleosis
- Receding gums (this is actually due to brushing too hard, but my gums also bleed sometimes, which must be bacterial)
- Dental caries
- Translucent / eroding teeth
(I had become increasingly frustrated about the ongoing incapacitating CFS, but the discovery that I had receding gums, especially that it is permanent, has made me really depressed. So I was very surprised that some people here mention return of their gums. I would like to ask others some question in other threads.)

After some Internet research, I concluded that some of the food traditionaly considered Paleo (especially fruits and other plant foods), perhaps were not as healthy as I once thought.  I ended up at some of the Raw Paleo sites, and then after reading this forum for several weeks, decided that I wanted to do a 100% RAF diet.  I (thankfully) found what is probably the only farm around here that delivers grass-fed beef meat and organs (except brains, due to BSE-laws).  I neither have the desire nor the time to go in gradually, so I have gone cold-turkey meat-only for two weeks, and now cold-turkey raw-meat for several of days.  I have lost some weight around the middle on the cooked-meat diet, that's it so far as positive results go.  I also had muscle fatigue after one week of cooked-meat (perhaps ketosis?), and a cold on the day I started raw meat (coincidence I hope).  I have no food cravings, I just find the muscle meat very bland-tasting and hard to chew.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 04:24:56 am by prehistorik »
I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Satya

Re: Introducing Prehistorik
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:45:05 am »
Welcome, Prehistorik.  I find raw meat to be very tender, but it depends on the cut of meat and other factors.  The meat I get is all pasture raised in central TX and dry aged 21 days, so it looks purple rather than the red color of store bought (US) food.  Too right that SAD does not fit for everyone, only Americans.  But of course, sad meaning unhappy, it is a very appropriate acronym for anyone to borrow.

Ask away, I am sure you will find some answers in this group about dental health and your other issues.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:02:48 am »
Hello Prehistorik,

This book will help you address your dental issues.

I'm reading my copy now, I'll come up with a book review soon.

General detox guidelines at http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols

You will get well.  Welcome!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:51:14 am »
I forgot to mention in the list that I also have had IBS for many years.  The gastroenterologist prescribed me fiber but that did not help.  I hope eating meat will help this problem.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:57:03 am by prehistorik »
I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:01:34 pm »
I forgot to mention in the list that I also have had IBS for many years.  The gastroenterologist prescribed me fiber but that did not help.  I hope eating meat will help this problem.

Prescribing artificial fibers is absolutely wrong.  Adding fiber to the diet for the sake of fiber is a mistake.  It's a myth http://www.curemanual.com/blog/2008/10/exposing-the-fiber-myth-buy-the-book-fiber-menace/
Lex's results prove this to be true.
My personal experience is I move really fast and well with raw fruit and raw fatty animal food.  No veggies.  No added fiber.

IBS can be fixed by colon cleansing, some not so sweet fruit and soothing raw animal fats.  Order Colosan or Oxypowder or barefootherbalistmh.com LBB.  If you are in the philippines, we have dr. tam's miracle tea.  http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/colon-cleanse
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:29:33 pm »
I make a sweet ginger/garlic sauce.  I put just 1 or 2 spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl, and then get a heaping gob of honey on my finger, and work it in.  It takes a minute, but if you just keep mashing, it will blend to a thick soup.  Then I put ginger, garlic, maybe onion or a small pepper in a food processor and blend.  Pour the herbs into the soup and dip your raw meat in the sauce.  Delish.  Not only that, ginger and honey settle the stomach (for me).  I know it's not 100% RAF, but if it helps you to stick with the diet and start healing your body, then it could be a good thing. 

Sorry to introduce another question to your post, but could honey - in the most broad term possible - be thought of as an animal food?  I mean, w/o bee's processing the pollen it would not become honey - and w/o cows processing grass, it would not become meat.  Seems almost like it deserves it's own category. 
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 04:17:15 pm »
A bee is not just an animal, but an insect; and all it does is break down nectar (from flowers) into simple sugars. 

It is not really a problem, but I had just expected the meat to taste better, but I will see how it goes.  I want to avoid acid foods (onion, fruits) in my mouth, but I sometimes used a bit of red pepper and garlic in the beginning.

Raw fruit only gets me bloated, especially pears, grapes, melons, and pineapples.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:45:17 pm »
A bee is not just an animal, but an insect; and all it does is break down nectar (from flowers) into simple sugars. 

It is not really a problem, but I had just expected the meat to taste better, but I will see how it goes.  I want to avoid acid foods (onion, fruits) in my mouth, but I sometimes used a bit of red pepper and garlic in the beginning.

Raw fruit only gets me bloated, especially pears, grapes, melons, and pineapples.

You would find it much easier re adapting to taste if you included some raw plant food in your diet. Also go in for a wide variety of raw animal foods, not just red meats/muscle-meats. I, for example, found raw seafood, espeically raw shellfish almost instantly likeable re taste, and that allowed me to continue with the diet without having to worry about the initial lack of taste of raw muscle-meats - then I, of course, adapted over time, and liked more and more foods, including raw organs etc.

Don't just go in for 100% RAF because it's the "in-thing" Plenty of people cannot handle it at all, for various reasons,myself included. Best to try a compromise first and then try 100% raf when you're used to the concept of raw. Rushing into things can be a problem. That said, I have to admit that my cold-turkey approach to going rawpalaeo did work for me rather better than gradually introducing more and more raw foods in place of cooked foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Rob

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 01:39:38 pm »
Hi Prehistorik,

I had Ulcerative Colitis (severe form of IBS) all of last year. I had my last colonoscopy in December and it looked fine. My doctor couldn't believe it. This is what I did:

Pretty much stuck to cooked paleo diet, but more strict on low carbs. I mean practically none. Low starch greens or cauliflower steamed were pretty much it. Tomatoes once in a while. Eggs, chicken, lamb, beef, fish, the fattier cuts the better. I still ate my eggs raw in a shake. I didn't eat any nuts. I've heard different theories on those so I just left them alone. I found eggs to be very soothing to my insides, also salmon. Here is a website that helped me:

http://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htm   

Also, a probiotic I used that I think helped me was Sustenex. Or at least try to find a probiotic that has the bacterial strain Bacillus Coagulans. It works better than other probiotics or yogurts because it can survive the acid in your stomach.

I slowly became raw paleo by cooking my meat less and less. I always like raw eggs and fish. I just gave up butter and cheese because I think it might be affecting my skin. Butter and hard cheeses shouldn't hurt your IBS though. I got better and I was still eating those. They don't hurt you because they don't have carbs. I think it starves the candida and allows the good bacteria to flourish. It's hard to tell what's really going on inside you though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk