Author Topic: Animal meal  (Read 1731 times)

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Animal meal
« on: January 31, 2012, 02:00:29 am »
Ever considered eating:
Fish meal
krill meal
crab meal
lobster meal
meal worm meal
or for that matter any other 'meal'? I have although I must say I have reservations based on sneaking suspicions that the content of the meal is possibly full of toxins. Nevertheless I would be willing to give it a go on the following grounds:
(1) survival food. The 'meal' can be powdered and stored for 2+years.
(2) It is an 'on-the-go' type food that can be mixed with anything or consumed by itself(just ad water!).
(3) It is cost effective and can be ordered in bulk quantities(at approx. $1/lb).

The variety of 'meals', which I take to be used as livestock feed(or domesticated animal feed) is sufficiently varied that it could constitute a staple in one's diet and furnish one with a broad range of nutrients. So my question is: is it a healthful option? Why or why not?
In a way it could be considered an envronmentally friendly option as the constituents of the 'meals' are the cast-offs of the products others consume(the 'fancy' foods).Let me know your thoughts.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Animal meal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:32:43 am »
I'd want to be really sure of what those animals ate. I'd also want to know about preservatives in the 'meal'.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk