Author Topic: Calcium in animal blood and how to obtain blood  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Calcium in animal blood and how to obtain blood
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:42:02 am »
Well after searching through various topics typically the one on drinking blood v. milk it sounded fairly interesting. Since blood tests for nutritonal values usually measure blood calcium level, it is inherent that blood carries calcium and that ingesting it would be more favorable than drinking milk and it would probably be more digestable than milk. Ever heard of blood intolerance? I think not.

Does anyone know how to obtain animal blood? Like anyone have a list of sellers, places ie markets, stores farmers markets?

And another question - what about the bloody liquid or juices with meats and fish - do those count as blood?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Calcium in animal blood and how to obtain blood
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:39:30 am »
Most producers think buyers don't like blood so get rid of it before sale. The only exception I know of are the raw wild hare carcasses I get regularly from local farmers' markets. The only reason they still contain blood (up to 1 pint of blood at extremes) is that they are vacuum-packed. I have also gotten hold of blood from raw grassfed/organic livers which were vacuum-packed, but such blood has none of the benefits I get from the raw wild game.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:31:09 am »
Im planning to buy a whole living goat pasture raised organic free range everything the top quality it costs alot though and then suck its blood before eating itt arggg  -d

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:56:34 am »
blood contains absolutely ALL nutrients and some more including all vitamins, minerals, sugars, lipid carriers, antibodies, etc.
look at the medical reference chart for typical amounts.

as far as blood for sale, look for Filipino stores, they usually carry frozen beef or pork blood.  it'll be mostly non organic though.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 08:59:28 am »
I got two goats off of craigslist for 100 dollars, they were pasture raised and grass fed. I went out to the farm and the lady had a flock of sheep and goats that she was getting rid of to downsize. They weren't certified but I talked to her about feed and she only gave them minimal grain in the winter along with hay.

I fed them grass and milked them for my baby's for a few months and then slaughtered them and ate them at the beginning of my raw diet. Best 100 dollars spent ever. I am not sure how to bleed them safely without over doing it.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »
To obtain good blood regularly, you need to have your own animals. People usually don't sell blood here. Blood also very good fertilizer.
bugs or country chickens

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »
I got two goats off of craigslist for 100 dollars, they were pasture raised and grass fed. I went out to the farm and the lady had a flock of sheep and goats that she was getting rid of to downsize. They weren't certified but I talked to her about feed and she only gave them minimal grain in the winter along with hay.

I fed them grass and milked them for my baby's for a few months and then slaughtered them and ate them at the beginning of my raw diet. Best 100 dollars spent ever. I am not sure how to bleed them safely without over doing it.

100 dollars?!?!?!? what the hellllll :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk