Author Topic: Substituting animal fats for olive oil  (Read 22485 times)

Offline carlcan

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Substituting animal fats for olive oil
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 12:47:20 am »
Olive oil has been used for centuries! From medicinal purposed to the use in salads, olive oil is a staple in many diets. Olive oil has many health benefits. Olive oil may help prevent breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, and may even fight heart disease, also high in antioxidants, chemicals that fight cancer. It also contains, oleic acid, a fatty acid that is believed to suppress a gene responsible for over 25% of breast cancers. olive oil has a lot of calories, it should be used in moderation. There are many ways to incorporate olive oil into your diet to reap the possible health benefits of olive oil.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 02:18:46 am »
    You got me, even though olive oil is bad for me, until you got to this part:

... olive oil has a lot of calories, it should be used in moderation...

You think we're afraid of calories from fat?  You have another thing coming.  Is that olive oil you're selling grown in the Philippines?  Is that really where you're at?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 02:45:43 am »
I get some kind of heart arrhythmia when i consume ANY plant oil, including olive oil and coconut oil. For the life of me, i can't understand why some people on this forum consume coconut oil. I'd eat 10 pounds of pasta, drink 2L of Pepsi and smoke a pack of cigarettes before touching a spoonful of vegetal oil, my body reacts to vegetal oil like no other food, i don't know why.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:53:59 am by Nation »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 03:14:31 am »
Olive oil has been used for centuries! From medicinal purposed to the use in salads, olive oil is a staple in many diets. Olive oil has many health benefits. Olive oil may help prevent breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, and may even fight heart disease, also high in antioxidants, chemicals that fight cancer. It also contains, oleic acid, a fatty acid that is believed to suppress a gene responsible for over 25% of breast cancers. olive oil has a lot of calories, it should be used in moderation. There are many ways to incorporate olive oil into your diet to reap the possible health benefits of olive oil.

Grains have been used for centuries. Grains are a staple in many diets. Grains are said to have many health benefits. Grains may help prevent breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, and may even fight heart disease. There are many ways to incorporate grains into your diet to reap the possible health benefits of grains.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:21:24 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 05:14:16 am »
Is olive oil that harmful as a supplement to raw animal fats? I personally like the taste mixed with ground beef.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 02:27:42 am »
I get some kind of heart arrhythmia when i consume ANY plant oil, including olive oil and coconut oil. For the life of me, i can't understand why some people on this forum consume coconut oil. I'd eat 10 pounds of pasta, drink 2L of Pepsi and smoke a pack of cigarettes before touching a spoonful of vegetal oil, my body reacts to vegetal oil like no other food, i don't know why.

Same here. I even react to the fat in durian fruits and avocados.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 02:29:37 am »

Yes, olive oil sellers like olive oil very much. What could be the reason?

The phrases are always the same. Lol. Look here, this shit has been used for centuries! This shit must be good! YEAH!

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk