Author Topic: Pilonidal cyst  (Read 10352 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Pilonidal cyst
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:33:45 am »
Has anyone had these before? Real pain in the ass!  :P

I woke up two days ago and thought I had bruised my tailbone somehow. But then that night I felt around and felt some lumps! Freaked me out!
I haven't been to a doctor or anything, but I'm pretty sure what I have is a Pilonidal cyst.

I've been applying different oils, bentonite clay, and colloidal silver at different times. Also took a warm epsom salt bath the night I noticed it. Last night it burst a little bit in the shower when I was using really hot water (for some reason directly after it burst I experienced extreme nausea, dizziness and confusion and crawling skin for a few minutes but then it passed). It has been bleeding slowly but steadily since then.
The swelling has gone down a bit but the pain is just as bad if not worse.
I really don't want there to be any complications or for it to: get worse/infected/need surgery/come back. Does anyone have any tips perchance?

Other than topically applying what I listed above, since noticing it I've dropped my sugars/carbs to as close to 0 as possible (still getting some from homemade raw kefir but I understand a lot of the milk sugars get "eaten up" by this process), I've started taking raw garlic, upped my coconut oil intake, and have been taking Bentonite and Diatomaceous Earth internally. Started taking a bit of turmeric added to my kefir as well.
So yeah, any tips or experiences?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Pilonidal cyst
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:50:22 am »
Generally infections have trouble spreading if you aren't eating much.  You're basically starving them out if you fast.  Eating low-carb does the same thing, I think, since most infectious bacteria are carb-eaters (I THINK that's right, correct me if I'm wrong about the carb-eating thing).

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:47 am »
Thanks for the response! That what I understand as well, hence me severely lowering my carbs (not that I eat that many usually anyway... however I did cheat 2 days before the cyst showed up... a bunch of corn chips and an entire jar of spicy salsa, and some chocolate... I'm really thinking that had something to do with it, because I had a very difficult bowel movement the following morning, aka the day before the cyst showed up)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:28:09 am »
What I would do as someone that does not even play a doctor on tv (as PaleoPhil once said. :) )

Take echinacea  to help support the body's immune system. It needs to be taken at least 4 times a day to be successful and you need to be able to taste it to activate the brain's knowledge of its presence.

Hot poultices or baths - the most effective treatment - probably why your hot shower helped. They will open it up and let it drain.

Calendula as a poultice.

An area around the cyst (but not on the cyst!) I would use dmso with colloidal silver - mixed half and half. Whatever you do, do not put directly on the cyst as it can make it itchy. If it gets itchy in the place near but not on then you can put on coconut oil to relieve the itching. Some people are more sensitive to dmso in terms of skin. The dmso will take the colloidal silver into the body and head for the infection. The problem with the watery colloidal silver added onto the skin even if the skin is open is that the kind of cyst you have goes deep within the body. Topicals and oral applications will have trouble getting all the way in there - but not dmso. It will take that colloidal silver and bring it deep in where the infection is. DMSO needs to be in a glass bottle and it can make you smell bad - but it's a powerhouse of a solvent, will bring blood to the area (problem with cysts is that there is not enough blood flow) and will reduce swelling and pain. Apply with your hands, wash hands immediately (with only water) or do not touch anything at all and do not allow anything to touch the site until fully absorbed. DMSO is such a powerful solvent that it will transport things from anything you touch into your body - so you must be careful. There is nothing close though when treating an injury or infection in a specific part of the body without having to treat the entire body.

Repeat summary
Hot soaks and poultices
Herbs to boost immune system
DMSO and Colloidal silver to get to the infection where it is.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this kind of thing and give advice and get caught in the forum - just quickly scan to see if there was anything useful to me - but this can be a terribly painful thing to go through!

I don't know about not eating carbs - but I do know that the kind of "cheating" you did would make for toxins that could  have to make their way to be consolidated and ejected from the body. I'm pretty sure that cheating on some fresh fruit or steamed veggies wouldn't have had the same effects. ;)

Oh - and long term there are some yoga postures that are supposed to help. Maybe you can look them up? This kind of cyst tends to return as it goes deep within a canal. Hopefully the dmso and silver will get to it all - but maybe this will be a good thing as it could be really good incentive to stick with your diet! It's a real oucher!

Oh yeah - and hopefully this will make you evaluate the way you are generally sit and improve that too. ;)

Remember - these are all suggestions from some person on the internet! Make sure you make your own decisions and do your own research. I'm just telling you quickly what I would do myself if I were in your shoes.

On that note - I think the only thing a doctor would be able to do is surgery - which is truly awful and can leave a massive scar because of the nature of that canal - and still - there is a 50% chance you will get the infection again anyway.

Thank goodness there are at least some alternative avenues for you to explore.

Good luck box car!

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »
Dorothy... you told yourself you would only scan these forums for info and you have 2000+ posts?

Thank you so much for the suggestions! You're very kind to offer them.

Last night it drained a LOT in the shower. Nasty stuff we're talking here. And today I woke up and the swelling and pain were 90% improved. And by now, tonight, the pain is virtually gone, only when I put pressure on it sitting a certain way (which, as you so intuitively pointed out, is when I'm sitting incorrectly. My posture is something that definitely needs to improve.)
I know that, due to the nature of this, that this doesn't mean I'm in the clear or that it's not going to recur. But to me it means that what I've been doing thus far is helping and I hope to continue improving and for this to not happen again. You are right, it is a great motivator to keep my diet in check. But if it does come back, I will definitely consider your suggestions. DMSO is a great idea but I'm a bit nervous about it too. Someone else on another board suggested using zinc oxide?

I'm glad that it has calmed down after only 2 days. On boards dedicated to this that I've been reading, people deal with this for weeks, months, or even years! I can't imagine that!

thanks again!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 07:04:17 am »
Ha Ha Boxcar - the promise to myself was AFTER all those posts - for just that reason!  :o -X

Here's a segment on dmso from 60 minutes. The use I'm suggesting was not mentioned - but if 60 minutes could find nothing at all negative on it, you gotta be pretty sure that there was nothing to be gotten:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL557FE6FD0033B580

Remember though - NOT ON THE CYST - but next to it. I wouldn't put anything on it except warm compresses of very gentle herbs like calendula. You need it to be able to drain.

I'm very glad for you that it's going in the right direction now.

You could call it your "kick in the butt" cyst. lol.  ;)  Such a very physical kind of symbolic motivation for sitting right and eating right huh? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk