Author Topic: Trying to Find Fully Pastured Chickens in the u.k  (Read 1781 times)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Trying to Find Fully Pastured Chickens in the u.k
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:50 am »
I'm having a hard time finding finding fully grass fed, ruminant fed chickens here in the u.k

Anyone know any suppliers?

Offline Carnivora

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to Find Fully Pastured Chickens in the u.k
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:05:10 am »
I don't know if this will help you... but it is nearly impossible to find good food around where I live if you go looking for actual suppliers or grocery stores. Try doing a google search for local families... that raise chickens or goats etc. Sometimes they put up little websites bragging about their show goat or llama or cow etc. 

I used to drive 2 hours one way to buy pastured eggs and raw goat milk... until I took the above advice. I found a family that lives 10 minutes from me that raises chickens, ducks and goats through an ad they put on craigslist selling some goat kids. They have plenty of extra chickens and eggs for sale. They are also going to give me free goat's milk in exchange for doing their milking a couple of times per week.

Of course, you might have to butcher the animals yourself, if it is a family farm where they regard their animals more as pets than commodities... good luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk