Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 53299 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2013, 09:23:40 pm »
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 06:17:29 am »
I'm not sure how true these alternative treatments are, but I've heard good things about laetrile, or vitamin b17 being an effective treatment for cancer.

After watching the documentary "world without cancer" on youtube, I felt the science was convincing. I purchased the book and was even more persuaded.

Since then I've been eating 9 raw apricot seeds daily.

You can find tons of info on vitamin b17 by google searching "vitamin b17 cancer," "world without cancer," etc.

They don't mention that other animals eat raw diets, and generally live healthier, toxin free lives. But rather that most animals have a preference for Vitamin B17 rich foods. They also show populations consuming large amounts of laetrile rich foods have very low cancer rates. While places with very low consumption have very high rates of cancer.

Something else I've read about is iodine's ability to prevent breast cancer. For example in Japan they have some of the lowest breast cancer rates, and the highest consumption of iodine. I read online that the breasts, like the thyroid, benefit from iodine.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:15 am »
"I have no idea if this is useful"

"I'm not sure how true these alternative treatments are"

Thank you folks for saving me time with a very helpful filtering service by honestly sharing that you do not regard these treatments highly enough to investigate them further or praise them. If you decide to investigate further and learn anything interesting, or experience any benefits, please do share. I mean that sincerely, because I've learned that our friends can provide very helpful filtering services so that I do not need to investigate every lead. I will follow your lead on these.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:06:40 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 05:40:52 am »
"I have no idea if this is useful"

"I'm not sure how true these alternative treatments are"

Thank you folks for saving me time with a very helpful filtering service by honestly sharing that you do not regard these treatments highly enough to investigate them further or praise them.

After watching the documentary "world without cancer" on youtube, I felt the science was convincing. I purchased the book and was even more persuaded.

I watched the hour long documentary, and then I read the 250 page book. I'd say I investigated it plenty. When I say I don't know of its true effectiveness, I'm simply saying I've never first hand seen it cure someone's cancer. I've seen niacin and certain b vitamins work wonders for schizophrenia, so I can personally say it works very well. But I've never had cancer, nor seen anyone with cancer use vitamin b17.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2013, 07:34:57 am »
I watched the hour long documentary, and then I read the 250 page book. I'd say I investigated it plenty.
So would I, which is why I didn't say that you hadn't and said "to investigate them further," rather than "to investigate them" period. I tried to make that clear, as I was concerned that it might be misinterpreted in the way you seem to have taken it, and I apparently botched the job. Sorry I wasn't clearer.

When I say I don't know of its true effectiveness, I'm simply saying I've never first hand seen it cure someone's cancer. I've seen niacin and certain b vitamins work wonders for schizophrenia, so I can personally say it works very well. But I've never had cancer, nor seen anyone with cancer use vitamin b17.
Yes, that's what I understood you to mean. I see that honest reports about what isn't yet convincing as true even after thorough research are also helpful, not just the things I mentioned in my original purpose for the thread--studies and successful anecdotes (and in similar way, unsuccessful anecdotes can also be helpful, come to think of it).

Thanks again DaBoss88 for doing the legwork and reporting candidly on it. I hope I've made my appreciation clearer this time.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 11:48:59 pm »
I should also add that I'm open to the hypothesis that the seeds of apricots and other fruits might have anticancer effects or other beneficial effects for some people in certain doses, and one possible mechanism is hormesis  (ie, "the dose makes the poison" and "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger"). I even just posted a thread about a fruit seed that I've experimented with that also tastes pretty good (whereas most reports I've seen re: apricot seeds are that they don't taste good, though I may try some one day to see if I like them):

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/totally-raw-green-coffee/msg109447/#msg109447
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:10:01 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2013, 08:13:19 am »
apricot seeds are that they don't taste good, though I may try some one day to see if I like them):

They're very bitter.

The function of Vitamin B17 is through enzymes.

http://tagtag.com/apricotkernels/how_does_b17_kill_cancer_

"So how does B17 kill cancer?   

Firstly we need to understand that our bodies use several enzymes to perform many tasks. Our body has one particular enzyme called Rhodanese which is found in large quantities throughout the body but is not present where ever there are cancer cells. Yet, where ever you find cancer in the body, you find another enzyme called Beta- Glucosidase. So, we have the enzyme Rhodanese found everywhere in the body except at the cancer cells, and we have the enzyme Beta- Glucosidase found in very large quantities only at the cancer cell but not found anywhere else in the body. If there is no cancer in the body there is no enzyme Beta-Glucosidase.   

Now the following is what scares most people. You see, Vitamin B17 is made up of 2 parts glucose, 1 part Hydrogen Cyanide and 1 part Benzaldehyde(analges ic/painkiller). So its very important you understand the following:   

When B17 is introduced to the body, it is broken down by the enzyme Rhodanese. The Rhodanese breaks the Hydrogen Cyanide and Benzaldehyde down into 2 by-products, Thiocyanate and Benzoic acid which are beneficial in nourishing healthy cells and forms the metabolic pool production for vitamin B12. Any excess of these by-products is expelled in normal fashion from the body via urine. Vitamin B17 passes through your body and does not last longer than 80 minutes inside your body as a result of the Rhodanese breaking it down. (Hydrogen Cyanide has been proven to be chemically inert and non toxic when taken as food or refined pharmaceutical such as laetrile. Sugar has be shown to be 20 times more toxic than B17 - see good & bad cyanide).   

HERE IS THE GOOD PART - When the B17 comes into contact with cancer cells, there is no Rhodanese to break it down and neutrelise it but instead, only the enzyme Beta- Gucosidase is present in very large quantities. When B17 and Beta- Glucosidase come into contact with each other, a chemical reaction occurs and the Hydrogen Cyanide and Benzaldehyde combine synergistically to produce a poison which destroys and kills the cancer cells."

Here is a video of someone who used Vitamin B17 to cure their cancer and remain in remission.

I BEAT CANCER WITH VITAMIN B17

Here is a video of the same person's update.

I Beat Cancer with Vitamin B17, Update

A video of G. Edward Griffin (author of the book World Without Cancer) discussing Vitamin B17.

Apricot Kernels and Vitamin B17 with G. Edward Griffin

A video of the documentary "World Without Cancer."

G. Edward Griffen: A world without cancer (full movie)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2013, 08:21:56 am »
Cancer is cured by doing everything combined.
My latest thing, still finishing up.
http://cancerscamhartfordgroupinternational.com/how-to-cure-cancer-sponsored-by-hartford-group-international/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 04:02:08 am »
I have no experience with cancer, however I have many friends in various places in the world who successfully dealt with cancer using a variety of different modalities;

MMS
B17 Laetrile,
Rife machines

There are other methods but can't recall them immediately.

The only thing I can truly vouch for is the Rife device that a friend used on me to completely eradicate an enlarged prostate, and a liver issue with alinine transaminase.

If a person submits themselves to allopathic cancer treatment, they are nuts.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2013, 04:03:49 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2013, 05:07:11 am »
I have no experience with cancer, however I have many friends in various places in the world who successfully dealt with cancer using a variety of different modalities;

MMS
B17 Laetrile,

I have yet to meet someone who actually cures their cancer with B17. Could you describe their situation and how it worked for them in more detail?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2013, 05:51:18 am »
I have yet to meet someone who actually cures their cancer with B17. Could you describe their situation and how it worked for them in more detail?
I do not know the person personally, but I am taking the word of an author on the subject, Carmi Hazen who has written some books on cancer prevention and healing. There is more to it than just taking apricot seed pits. I am not familiar, but it involves also taking vitamin A and possibly one other item. It is in his books on the topic of cancer.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2013, 06:04:15 am »
I do not know the person personally, but I am taking the word of an author on the subject, Carmi Hazen who has written some books on cancer prevention and healing. There is more to it than just taking apricot seed pits. I am not familiar, but it involves also taking vitamin A and possibly one other item. It is in his books on the topic of cancer.

Right I've read that just like with Lugol's and the companion nutrients (b vitamins, sea salt, etc.) that with vitamin b17 you need certain enzymes, and perhaps a few other things. Also that it's helpful eliminating toxins from the diet.

Being that I don't have cancer, I just eat the seeds along with raw paleo, clean water, toxin avoidance, etc.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer experiences and studies
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2013, 07:42:59 am »
I appreciate the contributions, Raw-Al, and I don't wish to come across negatively. I do want to recall the purpose of this thread in my original post is as a place to put studies and anecdotes/experiences relevant to the topic of cancer (and I expanded that to include reports by someone who has thoroughly researched a therapy about what hasn't shown promise, which I will take as a signal to not pursue it further until significant evidence does occur).

It's already been rather well established in this thread that plenty of people think apricot seeds/laetrile heal cancer but that it apparently hasn't yet produced much convincing evidence. If you have evidence that Carmi Hazen provided or know someone that it helped, please do post that. Please don't post in this thread about other people's claims without providing evidence to support them. You are free to do that in a thread of your own, of course. There are plenty of threads with unsupported health claims and I wanted this one to be different.

When it comes to authors, an example of the sort of evidence I'm looking for would be studies, research or biological mechanisms an author cited, rather than just the author's name or title of a book. Another example of evidence would be your own experience, the experience of a friend, or the experience of an active blogger that we could ask questions of. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:49:52 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2013, 08:51:39 am »
There is no "one silver bullet" to cure cancer.
As such you will never be able to see any "study".
Its like raw pale diet and lifestyle, we all contribute our experiences.
Anecdotes rule in healing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 11:47:27 am »
Phil,
I know you are not trying to be negative, no need to explain, because you are not negative by nature.

In your original post you asked for amoungst other things anecdotal information.

Regarding Carmi Hazen I referred to his books, which is no different than you posting a study. You did not post the particulars of the study and neither did I post the particulars of his books. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/comdyne
http://www.health-recovery-info.com/2013/02/its-a-fact-cancer-is-a-metabolic-disorder/

Posting the contents of a book would be ridiculous, I merely pointed everyone in the direction of someone who has researched and treated people using various modalities, amoungst which dietary modification in the direction of raw foods is very prominently discussed.

The other thing I mentioned (in brief) is that I had an enlarged prostate, (typical for males my age) which is typically a premonitory symptom for cancer of the prostate.

I was completely cured in about an hour or two with my friend in South Africa running his http://rifemedic.co.za/products.html on a sample of my DNA (piece of fingernail) sandwiched between the handholds of his Rife Medic 5. He simply ran the frequencies which are programmed into the unit. I was asleep in Canada, 13,074 Km away from him and his machine.

Because he is so busy treating friends and relatives he had no idea when he would treat me, so I had no clue when he would be doing it. When I awoke I felt this kind of a warm, vibration feeling and had no idea why. I went for a whiz and it flowed like it hasn't flowed for probably 35 years.

I was so shocked and gleeful, that I contemplated running into the kitchen to show my wife, but made the 'command decision' to wait till I was finished. ;D

The gentleman who treated me, had had cancer, was treated in the usual pharmaceutical way: Chemo etc with the usual result of being told to get his affairs in order and prepare to die. Then he heard about a lady healer who was treating people for various illnesses including cancer. He had no real faith in her methods, but since he was a goner anyways he decided to run it up the flagpole to see who would salute. Two weeks later (4 treatments) he was completely cancer free. His daughter also had cancer and was successfully treated.

So this started him getting a Rife Medic device and treating his friends and relatives for an incredible # of issues. He also has a 'fleet' (80) :) of racing homing pigeons that he treats.

After probably 4-5 years his healer friend was experimenting with the Rife device and discovered that she could treat someone with just a piece of DNA clamped between the handholds. So my friend started experimenting and using this method as it is so convenient. This form of long distance healing has been around since around the late 1800's early 1900's in various incarnations with a variety of different devices. That's where I presume she got the idea from.

Dr Keith Scott-Mumby discusses this in his book "Virtual Medicine"
http://www.amazon.ca/Virtual-Medicine-Dimension-Energy-Healing/dp/0935329021
Cancer is curable now with Dr. Keith Scott Mumby

He (my SA friend) has successfully treated (for cancer) approximately 8 people using this distance method, the last time I checked. Various forms of cancer BTW. His healer friend has succeeded in treating about 25 people last time I checked.

It's quite unusual the way he works in every aspect, but it works and he puts a lot of effort into his curing, which he does absolutely free. He has educated himself on cancer by scouring the internet on a daily basis for info on the various problems, coinfections etc. in treating cancer

His daughter is a former nurse and she happens to be psychic in that if she holds someone's DNA (in whatever form, hair fingernails etc) in her hands and closes her eyes, she can see the person's aura. She sees different colours, which she interprets with her background training, as various diseases. She then suggests what disease or what area/organ it is to her dad and so he does some research to get details of the potential illnesses or conditions and then starts researching the appropriate frequencies from a combination of the programs in his "Rife Medic", frequencies that others have used and looking up in what has become the Bible for Rife users,"The Rife Handbook" by Dr (PHd) Nenah Sylver. Rife Handbook - 2011 Hardcover Edition - by Nenah Sylver, Ph.D. One of the problems that he runs into is that the people who come to him with an Allopathic Doctor's workup showing brain cancer in particular, is that the diagnosis is typically incorrect according to what his daughter sees, combined with what frequency sets he runs successfully. You see if he runs frequencies for XYZ and the problem is ABC then nothing will happen for the patient.

So he has developed an intuition for what it might be, based on his work with his daughter.

BTW Rife devices are not created equal and talent of the operator can enter into the results obtained.

Treating a patient with a Rife device is in two forms

1. A device with a lamp that uses frequency (the light is operating at a set frequency) is programmed to do the appropriate freq. and the subject simply sits in front of it. A treatment takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the illness. It's usually advised to drink lots of water before and after to assist the body in cleaning the dead virus, but some don't bother.

2. The patient holds onto the handholds of a device that generates frequency and converts it into an electrical impulse. Same treatment times as above.

Then some people (me) do the third method which is to put some DNA between the two handholds and run at lower power settings for longer periods of time. Sometimes a week or two, depending on the situation.

Difficulty is getting an exact diagnosis of the disease/pathogens. Also running at lower power settings is generally agreed to be better with long distance work, because it is more comfortable.

Interestingly my friend worked on two people with identical liver problems. One responded and the other didn't. Turned out that the non-respondee :) had had a liver transplant so their DNA sample did not match their received liver.

They've now found a device from China that when combined with a program that two guys have written will allow a $70 USD device and free software to do treatments effectively.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 12:58:18 am »
Here is a thought to explain the efficacy of different modalities or curing techniques.

My friend is an Ayurvedic Doctor. (Vaidya)  He has his masters in Ay.. What this means is that on top of the Ay training he has taken one year of Allopathic studies and specifically, he has learned about the drug system and how it relates to Ay.

He has learned how the various drugs available in the Allopathic arsenal affect a patient from an Ay. point of view, in other words how they affect the doshas, such as their affect on the 5 elements etc..

The reason I am saying this is that all healing methods will affect the disease from a different angle which explains why some people respond to a certain treatment while others do not respond at all or maybe even react negatively.

The same is true of foods for instance. Some do very well on garlic and some get very ill from it.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 02:24:16 am »
DaBoss88, you come across as more sure of apricot seeds than your first comments. I appreciate your passion, which suggests to me that you do believe in their healing power already, yes? Have you noticed anything from them yet? Your more passionate comments and my own experience with coffee fruit seeds have piqued my curiosity, so I will try some apricot seeds to see if I notice anything and at least to see how they taste. I bought a couple apricots to start with. Do you dry the seeds before eating them? If lots of peoples eat them, then that suggests that they eventually taste good to them, yes? I read that almonds also contain the same active ingredient that apricot seeds contain. Do you eat almonds also?

Phil,
I know you are not trying to be negative, no need to explain, because you are not negative by nature.
Thanks, you too Raw-Al. I know you are trying to help. Your views are generally very different from mine, so disagreements may arise between us, yet I recognize your good nature and I hope any disagreements won't be interpreted as personal hostility. I actually find it helpful to have someone available who disagrees with me, to challenge my thoughts, which I think I've said to Tyler before.

You can disagree with my stated purpose of the thread, I just hope you'll respect my right to choose it. For me books are different than studies. Books are much longer. I did post the key finding of the study, plus a link to the full text for anyone interested in reading the whole thing. I agree that it would be ridiculously unthinkable for anyone to post the contents of a book in this forum. I can't imagine why you think I would want that. It would also be illegal if the book is copyrighted. That's not what I had in mind (nor do I want anyone to post the full text of a study in this thread--the key finding and a link are preferable). What would be helpful from those who have read books is a few important points, such as mechanisms, biological explanations, etc., plus some key evidences that the author provided to support them, and preferably a few of the supporting sources provided in the book.

I don't have the time or interest to read every book I see touted on the Internet. I'll say to you what I say to everyone who recommends to me a book--please give me a good reason to read it--in other words, share something from the book that shows how useful it is. The more effort I see someone put into this, the more persuasive I tend to find it. Less effort signals to me that the reader isn't really fully convinced by the book themselves. I don't know if the other stuff you posted is from the book, but what I've seen so far has not grabbed my interest, sorry.

I should warn you and others about which therapies don't currently interest me, in respect for your time and to I hope avoid any future potential bad feelings. I hope my open disclosure will not be interpreted as disrespect--I've read in other threads about Rife machines and similar devices, breatharianism, various forms of frequent/chronic cleanses/flushes/enemas/etc., and feces eating and I'm not interested in any of it. I'm only mildly interested in Ayurveda. Of the ancient medicines, it least fits with my own experience, which more closely matches what shamanic and Chinese medicine teach, particularly shamanic. I've investigated and written about another therapy in the past--antineoplastons--which is now looking to me like a dead end. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I hope that none of this will be interpreted as due to closed-mindedness. Surely, anyone such as myself who has been willing to try "rotted" meat/fish despite ridicule for doing so is more open-minded than most? I just wish to focus on what seem to me to be the most promising therapies--more on quality than quantity.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:01 am »
Excellent reply Phil.
It s good to know where you stand. Some say that if you take a stand then you won't fall for anything. But then some say practice doesn't make perfect, it just makes permanent.

In this case, it means that if we continue thinking in the same we always have we never learn however you and most of the people on this forum have shown a willingness to stretch their boundaries.

I find that whenever I dismiss something out right, especially when I announce it on a forum or a conversation, something happens almost immediately to show me I was a bit hasty.  :o -[

I wasn't trying to convince you to accept Ayurveda BTW, I was trying to convey that the different methods of curing cancer or any other disease may all work but each method will work better with one person or another and this may be easy to identify in a systematic way. TCM and many other systems have their methods of systemization and each system has it's upside.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 03:28:02 am »
Thanks, Raw-Al.

I find that whenever I dismiss something out right, especially when I announce it on a forum or a conversation, something happens almost immediately to show me I was a bit hasty.  :o -[
I can believe it. I hope nothing I've written comes across like that.

I wasn't trying to convince you to accept Ayurveda BTW, I was trying to convey that the different methods of curing cancer or any other disease may all work but each method will work better with one person or another and this may be easy to identify in a systematic way. TCM and many other systems have their methods of systemization and each system has it's upside.
Yes, that's how I took your meaning, and thanks again.

Maybe it will also help to explain that I'm influenced more by the culture of my own relatives and ancestors and neighbors (mostly "Celtic") than by cultures in which Ayurvedic medicine is traditionally practiced. It's somewhat foreign to me, and that's meant as explanation, not disrespect.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 08:12:21 am »
DaBoss88, you come across as more sure of apricot seeds than your first comments. I appreciate your passion, which suggests to me that you do believe in their healing power already, yes?

Yes I'm quite confident in their ability even though I haven't had the opportunity to use them for cancer. I actually discovered their benefits before I really started on my own healing journey, around the time a family member was being treated for cancer with chemotherapy, drugs, etc.

I look back now and think I could have really made a difference for them. But also I think somewhere in my subconscious I realized that you really can lose it all if you don't get control of your health (they passed away), which helped me take control of my health.

Have you noticed anything from them yet?

I can't say for sure. Around when I added the apricot seeds, I also started SCD. And right before starting SCD, I started the supplements. Not long after starting SCD I started raw paleo. My healing journey has all happened so fast that I can't say this made me feel that, or that made me feel this. But the combination of all the things I'm doing definitely gives me a good sense of well being, optimism, and a positive outlook which I think all reflect good health (in addition to having no schizophrenic symptoms, weight loss, etc).

Your more passionate comments and my own experience with coffee fruit seeds have piqued my curiosity, so I will try some apricot seeds to see if I notice anything and at least to see how they taste. I bought a couple apricots to start with. Do you dry the seeds before eating them?

I buy them online at - http://www.ordershere.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=OH&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=seed - so I don't necessarily dry them or do anything to them. I take 9 every day and put them in a zip loc bag, then eat 3 with each meal (the plant part of the meal).

If lots of peoples eat them, then that suggests that they eventually taste good to them, yes?

Definitely. When I first started eating them they were very bitter, and I typically had to chase it down with water. However I've been doing it for a while and now I typically just chew and swallow, some times using some water to get what ever is stuck to my teeth off.

I read that almonds also contain the same active ingredient that apricot seeds contain. Do you eat almonds also?

I think it's more the bitter almonds that have high concentrations of B17. Although I think regular almonds have some (though not as much) B17. I don't eat almonds right now, I was when I first started. I've been avoiding nuts in general for the time being. I noticed better overall health without them.

Good luck with your experiments. I suggest going for organic apricots. I've noticed that a lot of non organic fruits don't have properly developed seeds.

FYI I also eat all the seeds from the other fruits I eat - apples, peaches, etc. I've even cut open the seed of a mango and tried to eat that. It was way to bitter for me, much more so than the apricot seeds. However I did blend the mango seeds with the mango flesh and made a "smoothie concoction," and was able to drink that (although it was still quite bitter).

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2013, 08:30:46 am »
Thanks. Domesticated almonds do also contain amygdalin, just less of it.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2013, 08:32:49 am »
Here's a list of foods rich in B17.

http://www.vitaminb17.org/foods.htm

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2013, 08:35:09 am »
By B17 do they mean amygdalin?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk