Author Topic: Vaccination  (Read 69898 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vaccination
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:30 am »
"The triple jab (MMR) was banned in Japan in 1993 after 1.8 million children had been given two types of MMR and a record number developed non-viral meningitis and other adverse reactions.

Official figures show there were (3) three deaths while (8) eight children were left with permanent handicaps ranging from damaged hearing and blindness to loss of control of limbs.

The government reconsidered using MMR in 1999 but decided it was safer to keep the ban and continue using individual vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella."

"In 1993, after a public outcry fuelled by worries over the flu vaccine, the government dropped the requirement for children to be vaccinated against measles or rubella.

Dr Hiroki Nakatani, director of the Infectious Disease Division at Japan's Ministry of Health and Welfare said that giving individual vaccines cost twice as much as MMR 'but we believe it is worth it'."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-17509/Why-Japan-banned-MMR-vaccine.html#ixzz3RjOSxea8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

SO... it seems you CAN GET an individual MEASLES only vaccine in JAPAN... interesting.

yeah, this concerns me. Until we have better oversight in place, I don't think it's ethical to require vaccination, because this kind of mistake is not something we want happening in our country, especially if the government were forcing vaccines.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2015, 08:23:44 am »
Since I would be absolutely hated for citing a source like quackwatch once again, I thought of a more obvious, more reliable source, namely James Randi who has exposed numerous charlatans as well as many of the alternative medicine fields:-

http://www.newsweek.com/2013/08/16/james-randi-amazing-meeting-and-bullshit-police-237816.html
Randi "The amazing" (self-praise is better than none) Randi seems to be referred to as a leader of a movement. Sounds almost like a religion.

He is no more ligit than QW which is run by a self-professed employee of Big Pharma/FDA and AMA according to a court case in Canada.

You'll have to do better than that.

Fact is I have better things to do than try to debunk a debunker. That road is not worth the bother. I doubt that anyone here will change their viewpoint thanks to a thread. Most PPL are died in the wool believers in skepticism or open minded.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2015, 08:55:13 am »
Randi has done a number of tests which have convincingly debunked a lot of alternative medicine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2015, 08:57:06 am »
Excellent I wish him well. He no doubt is on lots of meds. ;)
Cheers
Al

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »
I took me lots of time yesterday to read up on measles...... as I got a bit worried if that could be something clever to vaccinate for.

I am fortunate to know a few languages, so when I do research I often read up on different sites in different languages, Finnish, Swedish, German, Norwegian, English..... and every site is somewhat different. It is pretty interesting........ how are different countries handling the issue etc.

Ok... after reading a lot.... I kinda lost my fears. Measles is the most serious one it seems... but still.... the ones who get complications  seems, once again, to be the ones that are immuno suppressed. Statistics also vary wildly......???  some statistic gives a mortality of 1:20 000 when other gives a mortality of 1:2000

People die from pneumonia too.. and many other things. It is when your immunity is weak, then you can die from even get your hand squeezed in the car. I had a class mate that died from that, I will never forget.
It is weird what happens when you make effort to see the whole picture about illness and health.........

I started to think about my parents... they were not vaccinated for measles..... and they both come from big families with each 12 siblings..... they all grew up and thrived.....
I wonder why media always try to scare us so much. It is like we live in a age of fear?
People are even scared to eat berries in the woods and wild herbs because of snail shit on them that can have dangerous viruses and other dangerous parasites spread by foxes and such..... I should be dead by now but I wonder why I am not   l)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:32:36 pm by Inger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk