Author Topic: raw vegans have problems  (Read 20047 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
raw vegans have problems
« on: December 08, 2011, 01:48:03 am »
anyone heard of this guy who ran a raw vegan restaurant that was pretty famous and then got caught being a subway perv? I guess his brain has been damaged from malnutrition. Anyway i thought this was hilarious and i should share.

http://nymag.com/news/features/16576/
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: raw vegans have problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:28:30 am »
I feel sorry for the guy.  He's got a compulsion he can't control.  He deserves compassion.  "There, but for the grace of God, go I."   I don't think he deserves judgment or hate. Those who do judge/hate him are lacking compassion and are unevolved beings, not fit to have power over others.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:37 am »
there are pervs who eat meat
there are people who eat people........
not sure it's fair to even consider that his diet is to blame for his mental health
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:17:19 am by TylerDurden »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:43:35 am »
I feel sorry for him too. I'm just saying that I'm sure all of that sugar in his brain probably didn't help with having a stable mind. Kind of like all the other vegans I know who just seem all over the place and somewhat on edge and uppity.

I for one believe that diet and mental health are strongly linked. When I switched over to a high fat diet, I noticed that I had much more mental clarity as a result.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:17:57 am by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:23:18 am »
He seems to have been doing this well before he started his raw vegan diet. So we can't claim this has anything to do with diet.

We do have to be careful re ascribing "purity" of any kind to our diet as the latter leads to extremism. I mean, nobody's perfect morally speaking, and diet does not make one a "better person", just a healthier one.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:01 am »
Maybe it is the lack of getting real skin to skin heterosexual reproductive sex that makes perverts?  I'm just guessing here.  I wonder how long ago was he deprived of the real thing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »
I feel sorry for him too. I'm just saying that I'm sure all of that sugar in his brain probably didn't help with having a stable mind. Kind of like all the other vegans I know who just seem all over the place and somewhat on edge and uppity.

Yeah, but you have to eat fats to have sexual desire, if you're a man, usually. Vegan fats can sort of work, but really it's only animal fats that really fuel sexual desire, in my experience.

I don't blame the diet very much. I doubt it helped, but certainly I had much less libido on a vegan diet, high or low fat.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »
I mainly think this is funny because he was such a prominent member of the raw vegan community.
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 04:42:52 am »
Nothing funny at all. Just sad all around - including making fun of it here.
I sure hope no one here has deep psychological problems that then get associated with the raw paleo diet. That would be even sadder.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:50 am »
I guess you guys are all better more non judgemental people than me but I actually think he got what he deserved.

If he did that when I was there I wouldnt have snapped a picture. I just would have beat him so hard he would never try that shit again.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »
Beating someone up who may have mental problems(and therefore can't help himself) doesn't seem to me to be appropriate.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 02:18:11 am »
Theres just some behaviour that I find unacceptable. He has free will and knew what he was doing and must be responsible for his actions. Punishing people like that I have no problem with just like I would kill a pedophile who got too close to my family without thinking twice about it, mental problems or not. If someone like that ever unfortunately stumbled into my life I would have to let them know its not alright.

I feel society at large is becoming far to forgiving in such matters, and we are now heading down a slippery slope where more and more deviancy is being accepted in all fields of life. The people causing this in government, the media, and academia wont stop until we have a society where necrophilia is the norm.

Believe me when I tell you that the acceptance of pedophilia or "intergenerational sex" is only a few years away and the road of acceptance and feeling sorry for this people is on a very slippery slope.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/faith-and-morals/8643-are-mental-health-professionals-working-to-normalize-pedophilia

I didnt think this thread would end up here but I just cant stand the concept of "a person who cant help himself". Sickness like this should not be accepted in society.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 04:13:59 am »
I hope for your sake you never have a similar compulsion that you can't control.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:34:39 am by TylerDurden »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 06:03:20 am »
I have plenty of compulsions as well as enough respect for other people to control them. Those who can not have no place in society.

There's no such thing as a compulsion that can't be controlled. There is only weakness.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:29:31 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 06:27:52 am »
I once had a man following me at night within a short NY block doing that same thing. I was afraid of what his ultimate intentions might be, so I turned around and went right for him with speed aggressively yelling and if he came to me instead of fleeing I would have had no problem with stopping him in any way I needed to and would have done the same for another woman or anyone else being threatened in other ways. Don't get me wrong Troll, I can see myself quite easily if I were the woman on that train not only taking the picture, but then using the mace, kicking him in the balls and securing him any way necessary until the police arrived. I guess he should count himself lucky that you nor I were there right Troll?  ;)

But not accepting a sexually deviant predatory behavior and taking revenge or making fun of it are completely different things. Criminals DO deserve compassion (as their lives must be truly horrible to live) and in my opinion need serious therapy  - not just throwing them in jail so that  they learn to be even more ways to be deviant or beating them to a pulp. When an uncontrollable behavior makes someone put another person into a state of fear or causes harm to another - it is right to stop it. But the laws about using like force are good ones in terms of what they are meant to prevent. It is a good and natural instinct to want protect yourself, your family and others from real harm. One can have compassion AND protect. Just because you can control yourself, does not mean that others can. The array of human psychological disorders is vast. It is the role of society to handle such people and how we handle them and if we choose to treat them with compassion is one way to determine if a society functions well or is a healthy society.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 06:54:10 am by Dorothy »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 06:38:48 am »
I believe that if you can't control yourself you do need to be locked up. I however prefer the more old school method of putting a person into a state of outlawry, exile, or excommunication.

I have compassion for those who suffer at the hands of others. I don't have enough however to also have compassion for those who harm others. I believe that anyone who messes up another's life needs to be kept from doing so again and I know for a fact that doing various pervy sex things to nonconsenting victims does cause people mental trauma which goes up depending on the severity of the crime.

And I personally think he would have rather taken the beating than suffered being front page news and losing his entire career over this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:30:15 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 10:17:16 am »
I believe that if you cant control yourself you do need to be locked up. I however prefer the more old school method of putting a person into a state of outlawry, exile, or excommunication.

I have compassion for those who suffer at the hands of others. I dont have enough however to also have compassion for those who harm others. I believe that anyone who messes up anothers life needs to be kept from doing so again and i know for a fact that doing various pervy sex things to nonconsenting victims does cause people mental trauma which goes up depending on the severity of the crime.

And i personally think he would have rather taken the beating than suffered being front page news and losing his entire career over this.

I agree with you about locking people up that act like that and having compassion for and protecting victims entirely Troll. Victims of that man and all other people that get off in any way on victimizing others are usually harmed emotionally and some severely and never recover.  When we lived in natural tribes exiling was quite common. Today in our mostly modern world though that would be quite the feat. What we are doing now doesn't work very well, but exiling I'm not sure would be the answer either. Maybe one day as a group we will wise up and figure out better solutions.

As for that dude preferring the beating to being front-page news and losing his career - who knows? You might be a massive, superstrong, raw meat eating monster - I mean Trolls can do some serious damage! ;) I think I would probably prefer losing my career to facing your wrath. lol

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 11:54:06 am »
I wouldn't hurt him TOO bad. I(m not trying to get locked up. Who knows, maybe hes some vegan buddhist monk who practices kung fu all day and hell be the one to kick my ass.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:31:50 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 12:17:04 pm »
That's the whole thing isn't it? You never really know about people. I bet that guy on the street thought that I was so gentle and demure looking that I would be the last woman on earth to come at him like that.  I was raw, vegan and skinny at the time too! ;D  So be careful out there Mr. Troll of the dungeon.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 04:08:19 pm »
Maybe it is the lack of getting real skin to skin heterosexual reproductive sex that makes perverts?  I'm just guessing here.  I wonder how long ago was he deprived of the real thing.

I'm not a man, but I don't think lack of skin to skin hetero contact makes one into a perv. I love sex but I can go without it. If I feel I have to have it I can find a man. Non consenting and other BS is garbage. If I'm too weird to find sex I'll improve myself then find an appropriate match.

I do feel compassion even for pedophiles, but yuck!!!!! As long as they stop themselves from turning child molester from there, not too different problem than being a non sexual nun or a non sexual priest etc.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:25:42 pm by TylerDurden »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »
    I do believe that eating raw grassfed, raw wildhunted, and raw brushforaged meat can help mitigate the need or compulsion for improper sex.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »

Err, Strauss-Kahn and many others are clear examples that "skin to skin hetero contact" does not prevent one from being a pervert.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 11:51:57 pm »
Rape and the kind of sexual aggression that the person we are talking about was engaged in is an act of violence. It is using one's power against another - it is not a replacement for sex. The misunderstanding of this is why some people blame the victim for dressing too evocatively etc. That makes no difference. Women in their 80's are raped and assaulted in the way this man was mentally assaulting that woman.

Eating well might affect the perpetrator's brain in a way that might help them - but there is no data at this point to confirm that. We are talking about violent crime that involves a sexual component - not the need for sexual contact.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
Rape and the kind of sexual aggression that the person we are talking about was engaged in is an act of violence. It is using one's power against another - it is not a replacement for sex.

agreed
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 04:24:05 am »
Well, I disagree. I mean if a woman dresses provocatively, then she is attracting more attention to her of a sexual nature from men, so is more likely to be a victim of rape.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk