Author Topic: Just want to say Hi.  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Lucidknight

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just want to say Hi.
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:24:53 am »
Well, i am new to t raw/paleo dieting, and i am still unsure as to what sort of diet i want to partake in. I am heavily leaning towards a mostly vegan(with some raw fish perhaps)

Really i just want to be healthier, i feel really tired all of the time. I also want to lose a bit of weight maybe 10-15 lbs. I am normal weight now but losing a few lbs. could not hurt.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed , second it is violently opposed, and third it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Just want to say Hi.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:34:40 am »
Welcome to the forum! It's a good idea to read the "sticky" topics on each subforum, there's also recipes in the recipes section etc.

IMO, it's not usually recomended to just opt for raw vegan and raw fish - this would be a sort of Instincto-like diet, and I can tell you that they notoriously overindulge on raw, sweet fruits(which can cause dental erosion etc.). You'd also be missing out on raw fats, which are necessary. Mind you, a lot of people start off with Raw Vegan/Fruitarian diets and then turn to RAF/RVAF diets sooner or later when the former plant-based diets turn up nutritional deficiencies - I was no exception.

As regards the fatigue, I also had chronic fatigue. In my own case, getting rid of raw dairy(to which I was allergic) and including raw organ-meats helped a great deal. Given that a lot of chronic fatigue cases are gland-related in origin,  raw glands like thyroid/adrenals might be an option, preferably bought from grassfed farms.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 05:26:23 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 03:07:19 am »
Welcome Lucidknight!

I absolutely love your screen name! Are you coming from the raw vegan camp as many here have or just investigating different ways of eating in general. Tyler has given some good advice.

Craig

Offline Lucidknight

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:52:33 am »
Thanks for the advice i will take it into consideration.

"I absolutely love your screen name! Are you coming from the raw vegan camp as many here have or just investigating different ways of eating in general. Tyler has given some good advice."

I am just trying different things in general, although i am finding it hard to get past my cereal eating habits.

and thank you I based my screen name off of my first name Lucia.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed , second it is violently opposed, and third it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 08:05:57 am »
It's cool that you're open to eating raw paleo. If only more people were, haha.
Good luck with finding what works for ya. Raw paleo tops 'em all I think.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:22:03 am »
Lucia, you are lucky you live in the same country as Tyler.
Maybe you can have a face to face chat with him.
I consider Tyler my RPD mentor, search for him in All Experts and the YahooGroups. (look for Geoff)

I've tried raw vegan, raw fruitarian, wai diet (fruit + raw eggs + raw fish) and then Raw Paleo Diet.

I found raw paleo diet the most delicious, most effective, most healthy, most enjoyable diet to be on.  For long term sustainability and spectacular results, Raw Paleo Diet is simply the best.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk