Author Topic: Talking to plants  (Read 2984 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Talking to plants
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:06 pm »
I'm always amused by the vegetarian horror of killing animals while not balking at killing plants. Here's an article proving something often claimed by the prince of wales(despite being wrongly ridiculed for it), namely, that plants can communicate their feelings to each other:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5602419/Womens-voices-make-plants-grow-faster-finds-Royal-Horticultural-Society.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Talking to plants
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:39 pm »
Interesting.  I'm not sure if 10 is a large enough sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions though.   
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:56:12 pm »
Interesting.  I'm not sure if 10 is a large enough sample size to draw any meaningful conclusions though.   

It's not the only such study on the subject of plants sending out alarm-signals. Plus there are other studies confirming that plants have a nervous system.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 02:37:27 am »
I have read that the plant and animal kingdoms 'talk' to each other through chemical messages.  Plants produce various chemicals which affect the bio-chemistry of the animals that consume them, and animals produce fecal matter which in turn sends chemical messages back to the plants. 
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 07:42:09 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_perception_(paranormal)

I remember researching a bit about this topic after reading of experiments where plants were hooked up to a polygraph and the responses to different stimuli measured. When lettuce was put in a pot of boiling water the polygraph went crazy, similar to the response of an animal being boiled to death.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk