Author Topic: Teenage girls' junk food diet leading to health problems later in life  (Read 3991 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Teenage girls' junk food diet leading to health problems later in life

Teenage girls' junk food diet is depriving them of essential vitamins and causing them health problems later in life, a report has found.

08 Jul 2011

Nutritionists have discovered that a diet of pizza, sweets, and sugary drinks is taking a severe toll on the health of young women which is having implications as they get older.

A study has concluded that teenage girls are shunning fruit, vegetables and oily fish, leading to almost half of teenage girls being dangerously low in key nutrients, such as iron, magnesium and selenium.

Iron, found in products such as red meat and green vegetables is vital for the production of healthy red blood cells and helps to keep the brain healthy. Magnesium from shellfish helps keep bones strong while selenium is beneficial to the immune system.

Research has concluded that one in ten girls is dangerously low in calcium, putting them at risk of brittle bones and falls and fractures in old age.

One in six is severely short of iodine, a mineral key to brain development in the womb.

The researchers, Carrie Ruxton, an independent nutritionist, and Emma Derbyshire, a Manchester University nutritionist, believe that teenagers' diets are particularly bad because they are at a stage in life where they start feeding themselves and skip meals.

Dr Ruxton said: "While things like heart disease and cancer affect people in their 40s, 50s and 60s, the very early stages happen several decades before."

She added that it was very important that teenagers lay down a balanced diet for the rest of their lives.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Lot's of girls seem to be getting health issues especially hormone related, weight issues.

I've got a friend who oozes health (super nice too)  pretty rare...the health bit!
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I've got a friend who oozes health (super nice too)  pretty rare...the health bit!

That's the tricky part - in the short term, health does not seem to be impaired by eating junk. If we ate one slice of pizza and instantly broke out into acne and had a heart attack, nobody would eat the stuff. That's why teenage girls (and other humans) don't heed warnings about health problems later in life.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Short term health is impaired in SOME people.

These are the teenage girls who are:

- fat
- ugly
- have acne
- have psoriasis
- have crooked teeth

So beauty and attractiveness should be a draw for these girls to learn about paleo diet.  It's the beauty secret of models.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
That's the tricky part - in the short term, health does not seem to be impaired by eating junk. If we ate one slice of pizza and instantly broke out into acne and had a heart attack, nobody would eat the stuff. That's why teenage girls (and other humans) don't heed warnings about health problems later in life.

This girl is only 1 year younger than me. Facebook really gives you a picture of the ravages of western lifestyle on women. Girls I haven't seen for years are unrecognisable.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Short term health is impaired in SOME people.

These are the teenage girls who are:

- fat
- ugly
- have acne
- have psoriasis
- have crooked teeth

So beauty and attractiveness should be a draw for these girls to learn about paleo diet.  It's the beauty secret of models.
  I think we should be careful and not promise impossible things. So, things like claiming immortality or beauty or whatever to exist with a raw, palaeolithic diet  are a bit much. Granted, people on such diets will age less and will have better skin-conditions so will look better than if they were on a junk-food diet etc., but ugly people will remain ugly unless their ugliness is solely due to some blemish caused by cooked foods(eg:- extremely high levels of psoriasis/eczema/acne).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
healthy is usually beautiful.

So women may be attracted to raw paleo diet or just paleo diet for added health and beauty.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
This girl is only 1 year younger than me. Facebook really gives you a picture of the ravages of western lifestyle on women. Girls I haven't seen for years are unrecognisable.

I know!  I was just noticing that tonight!  They age so fast and get so ugly, particularly the ones that eat mostly (processed) grains.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk