2 (6.3%)
Organic/All natural commercial shampoo
8 (25%)
Homemade/single ingredient
8 (25%)
Water
14 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Shampoooo!  (Read 15797 times)

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Shampoooo!
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 11:29:55 am »
i usually put organic coconut oil, eggs, wheatgrass juice on my toddler's  head. today i also put that combination on his head and after 15 minutes later i wash his hair. than i use the left over for my hair. i usually don't like to take care of myself the way i do for my son. anyway, i do see that my scalp is very clean today, but hair looks okay. after straight raw ZC, i see my hair stop falling, not that much dandruff issue anymore.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 12:54:32 pm »
again i make shampoo with wheat grass juice and 2 organic eggs blended together. the result is very good. i put too much coconut oil on my hair before i put them on my hair. after i wash my hair, my hair looks great (soft, dandruff free skull). before RPD, i have oily skull, but no more now. i'll try future with baking soda to wash my hair. but at this moment i'm very happy with eggs and wheat grass.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 03:07:54 pm »
Rasul. Ive got long hair, it works magic on that. I get envius looks and comments from my female friends. But they still do not believe that what I wash my hair in, is essentially a kind of dried mud.

http://www.aromantic.co.uk/buy-rasul-moroccan-soap-clay-uk.htm <-magical mud! (I hae never bought from this place. I just googled for rasul and it was the first link that exlpains what it is.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 02:08:10 pm »
This is my 3rd times I wash my hair with eggs, wheat grass juice, excellent result! My whole life I deal with tangles curly hair, now no problem. I have some dandruff issues (very light), I rub fresh lemon on my scalp and than apply the mixture of eggs and wheat grass. So, in the future, I'll try with baking soda and other stuff.
bugs or country chickens

Offline NatLife

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »
I've been experimenting with home-based soaps and shampoos for several years.  I've also tried to use household items for cleaning agents whenever and where ever possible.  Baking Soda, Vinegar, Cream of Tartar, Lime Juice, and tons of other things can come in real handy.

For the last year or so, however, I've been researching and trying out the No 'Poo, No Soap thing.  I started with a baking soda/vinegar replacement for the carcinogen-laced, industrial detergent known as Regular Shampoo.  Eventually, however, I started to transition towards using no shampoo at all.

I absolutely love it!  It took a while to transition, but my hair fills healthier than ever.

I've since researched a lot on the web about what is in shampoo and how others approach the no shampoo method.  There is a lot of information out there!

One of the best starting points seems to be: http://beyondshampoo.com.  You can read about the basic and the toxins in shampoo.  Plus, you can post questions.  It seems to be a growing community.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:09 am »
I've tried a number of different things and now I just don't wet / wash my hair. My GF has convinced me to take baths instead of showers. Apparently there was a study done sometime ago in which it was determined that a bath is better than a shower.

Since I stopped washing my hair it is a lot healthier. I have dirty blonde thin hair. What's left of it.  ;D

When I tried cleaning with lemon juice and then putting whipped egg in it for 5 minutes it came out very nice. It still worked the same when I let it get high, but I had to put it on in the basement due to the stink factor.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 11:04:46 am »
BTW the survey is missing Don't clean it at all.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 03:33:32 am »
    Sometimes I feel like "splurging" I guess, by using a commercial shampoo.  I bought an SLS-free one, and I can't stand its smell.  Anyone here know of a good natural commercial shampoo that doesn't smell bad? 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 09:17:07 am »
im a farmer and play in the dirt all day, wash my hair maybe ever 4 or 5 days, i use bronners and baking soda.  suds up and scrub my scalp with bronners, then rinse with some soda water to get all the grease out.  you have to find the right ratio, sometimes if my hair isnt that greasy i just use bronners, sometimes after the bronners i know i need to get the residue out so i use more baking soda, if my hair is tooo dry after the shower i just add a little olive oil to where ever feels like i rinsed too much oil out, i just use olive oil for my skin which works really well.  its weird but i feel a LOT dirtier in the city, although i know its just pollution in the air sticking on my skin, i feel super greasy like the car exhausted has covered my skin and disgusting after just one day, on the farm and in more rural towns i rarely feel the need to shower even if i know i am covered in dirt......bleh

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 01:09:52 pm »
    I have bronners castille hemp unscented baby liquid here, and baking soda.  I will try it.  I want to wash out the smell of the other shampoo.  I can't stand it.   My Mom told me baking soda gets rid of smells to, in addition to dealing with grease.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 02:12:22 pm »
I have not used shampoo for many years because I read that sudsing my type of hair ("ethnic" ringlets) makes it too dry. After several months of no-poo, my scalp and hair normalized, that is, my scalp seemed to find a balance that was never oily or dry, and my hair is never greasy or frizzy. I let the water in the shower run through my hair to freshen way any sweatiness. I clean my hair once in a while with a homemade fresh vinegar rinse, followed by water to wash away the vinegar. About once a month, I pamper my hair with a natural conditioner made from various oils. My hair is noticeably thicker ever since I started eating raw paleo.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 03:13:00 pm »
    The SLS-free shampoo I tried doesn't suds one bit!  I wouldn't recommend it though.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011, 10:28:01 am »
  Ok my latest refinements with baking soda,,  make a solution of one teaspoon to a cup of warm water and pour slowly over scalp. Massage in and let sit for several minutes, massaging deeply the scalp.  It will dissolve oils and sebum  as the minutes pass.  I think the solution method is better in that it gets the baking soda directly to the scalp where the cleaning needs to happen, and doesn't strip as much oil from the hairs.    Experimenting with time and rinsing with warm only water, or water temps leaves a better amount of oil in the hair.  I for some time now have brushed with natural boar bristle stiff hair brushes several times a day.  For I think the scalp really needs to be invigorated and exfoliated often.  Brushing stimulates the natural oils which is really what makes hair shiny and good looking.    I tend to use coconut oil if I've removed too much oil.  But any oil will oxidize especially when in contact with so much air/oxygen, light and warmth from scalp or head.  And then leave an off smell and dust collection film.  I then wash my brushes every three days or so, just as often as washing my hair.     But a hard water source will also cause that dreaded flat look described by others. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk