Author Topic: Dr. Greger about the leading causes of death  (Read 2561 times)

Offline rawfishy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Dr. Greger about the leading causes of death
« on: January 18, 2014, 02:49:03 am »
Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death
Old video. I think everyone have seen it.
I understand that in that research all people eat typical American junk-food diet.

I am on paleo diet.
But can you explain me about endotoxines in meat.
Raw meat has it too.
 What about toxines in raw / light-cooked meat, fish ? (Without fries, donuts etc)

Offline dogman333

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Greger about the leading causes of death
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 07:38:59 am »
Are you worried about eating endotoxins? It is something to be worried about. The solution is in the quality of your food. Get the good stuff. Pay a little more, eat a little less.

Around here,  I think you'll find we love bacteria! Our bodies are full of bacteria. Almost literally full of it -- and yet we are very healthy! And our ancestors ate lots of fermented foods loaded with bacteria. So, right there we know there is some faulty reasoning somewhere with that video. Most bacteria are very good for us -- for the same reasons in the video. The dead bacteria carry epigenetic information that is vital to our health.

His video highlights a good reason to be mindful of the source of your food, the quality of your food, and the health of your food. The good stuff is good for you. Sick meat will likely make you sick, as well. I'm no expert in endotoxins, but I suspect those are the poisons of pathogenic bacteria, in other words, the wrong kind of bacteria. The good bacteria would not produce unhealthy toxins. Otherwise, how could our ancestors have lived so vitally? Conventionally raised animal products, in which the animal is very sick due to poor diet and poor environment, is likely to be overrun with pathogenic bacteria that would produce endotoxins detrimental to our health.

Did you know they purposely inoculate feedlot-raised beef with endotoxins in order to make them grow fatter and faster. It also makes the cows very sick -- but who cares about that! Americans will eat anything that can be made to taste good.

Bottomline:  Don't be swayed by these 'test-tube,' narrow-minded scientists. You know that extremely healthy people ate meat for thousands of years. You know fermented foods are among the most healthy. And, now you're leaning that bacteria -- the good bacteria -- are your friend. Therefore, you know that the science is off in some way, or based on a faulty assumption. In this case I believe the assumption is that feedlot raised, sick animal meat is 'normal,' or should be the basis for further conclusions.

If all I had to eat was conventionally-raised, sick animals, gosh, I don't know what I'd do. I might just become a vegetarian as well.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Greger about the leading causes of death
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 08:40:33 am »
Correlation is not causation. Most people eat lots of low quality meat, and cook that low quality meat in vegetable oils and wrap it in gluten-containing buns made from grains that also contain vegetable oils. All of these things are pro-inflammatory, and chronic inflammation is the real cause of the maladies he points out. The meat itself, because it's feedlot raised and fed far too much grain, has a radical imbalance in omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids, so also causes inflammation.

The real culprit here is inflammation. Eat pro-inflammatory foods and you will get sick. Eat anti-inflammatory foods and you will heal. Meat can help us heal if we eat high quality meat. It can cause harm if we eat low quality meat.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:24:23 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk