Author Topic: Roger from Australia  (Read 2315 times)

Offline IonSurfer

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Roger from Australia
« on: May 12, 2013, 03:42:54 pm »
Hi all,

I've been an occasional reader of this site for several years.
So time to introduce myself.

I was a vegan for 5 years for fairly silly reasons that I won't get into but not for health reasons as I've always believed that meat and other animal products are healthy.
Over the course of that time I had many health problems such as sleep apnea at the start of the first year (I woke up unable to breath or move for more than a minute) - unknown cause, horizontal depressions in my fingernails (lack of iron in my diet), possible muscle failure while I was standing up stationary or walking (sensation of being in a suddenly raising elevator when not), loss of collagen in my face, darkening of hair - I used to have light blond hair but now it is dark brown (which I attribute to vegetable protein), freckles on my feet from eating raw turmuric, brown flecks in my otherwise blue eyes and permanent vertical ridges in fingernails from eating ginger mixed with macadamia nuts (a bad combination because nuts are cytotoxic and ginger is mutagenic (it contains the mutagen 9-gingerol) together causing genetic damage), chest pain every morning for a couple of hours for several weeks (which is what finally led me to quit veganism) possibly indicating permanent cardiac damage likely as a result of all the omega-6 oils in my diet from the nuts I was eating (which are (the omega-6 oils) converted into cytokines by the body causing inflammation (which is the real cause of heart disease)). I also had brain fog after eating nitrogenous foods (beans, nuts, tofu etc.) and needed to urinate a lot.

However when I quit veganism my health greatly improved, and since I've elliminated all plant matter from my diet (I don't eat fungi either) I've thrived.

So here's what I consume now: raw fruit and  fruit juice, milk (my energy staple, would be raw if it were affordable (but raw milk is a gray market product in Australia (sold as bath milk at select retailers to get around the silly laws) and so has a price premium)), raw fish (frozen basa because it's cheap and some fresh salmon) and some raw red meat (usually beef mince (ground beef)).
Basically the Wai Diet with milk instead of eggs (milk doesn't actually cause the problems attributed to it by Wai).

Finally I would like to point to my website: faapdiet.org (fruit and animal products diet) which provides more info on what I think one should eat and why including full references to supporting scientific research and some forums.
I'd also like to ask that my diet be listed as an option in the "raw paleo diet to suit you" section as it's mostly (ideally (if one can afford it) all) raw and is more paleo than the Weston A Price diet (which advocates the neolithic sprouted grains) and similarly contains milk (which the herding Maasai tribes drink).

Thanks & Regards,
Roger

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Roger from Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:00:29 am »
Welcome.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Roger from Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 10:18:20 am »
I would advise not consuming the pasteurized milk.  Is it at least grassfed?  If not, you might want to seriously consider getting rid of it and substituting something else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk