Author Topic: Experience with Febrile Seizures?  (Read 4345 times)

CitrusHigh

Experience with Febrile Seizures?
« on: March 16, 2012, 12:26:12 am »
I have a friend who eats traditional foods, so do her two kids and husband. They are not all raw but they are very Weston A price. Raw dairy I think, probably some raw smoothies, maybe some raw meats, and then some lacto fermented foods, animal and vegetable.

Last night her 4 year old(I think, we're not close friends, but she's been a past raw milk  and egg customer of mine) had a febrile seizure , I believe it was simple, not complex. Anyone with experience or advice I can share with her on supporting her child's system so it won't happen again?

Here in MN/WI  it's been in the 60's and 70's the past couple days, which are record temps for this time of year. So yesterday the kids were out there playing in the sprinkler I guess. It was very warm, 71F but felt like 80. Don't know if that contributed, I feel it shouldn't, but they were out the whole day, maybe it was a shock to the system and the child had a genetic predisposition. Anyway, any advice so much appreciated!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Experience with Febrile Seizures?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:38:15 am »
Fat stops seizures.  Carbs cause seizures. I suggest more fat, especially good-quality raw animal fats like wild ocean fatty fish, etc.,

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Experience with Febrile Seizures?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:48 am »
I don't have much advice, but it's kind of rare for all of the fear around it. Can you give more detail. Is the kid still sick? Did she get vaccinated recently?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:57:36 pm by TylerDurden »
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk