Author Topic: noemal to feel tired?  (Read 5575 times)

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
noemal to feel tired?
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:00 am »
just started eating only raw.. raw meat/fats..

i dont feel bloated or anything but i feel kinda weak.. my skin is clearing up yeah but i feel kinda tired/lethargic.. is this normal?

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: noemal to feel tired?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:51 am »
Yep. Most people spend a few days to a few weeks feeling kind of tired while they transition into burning fats for energy.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:21 am »
stick it out

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:37:19 am »
ya i need more fats.. just ordered a boat load of marrow..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 04:26:24 pm »
Minor caveat:- while for some the fatigue is just a transitionary process to a healthier stage, for others it's a permanent one, requring them to quit RZC. If you get through the first few weeks without too many side-effects that's fine, but otherwise if it just gets worse and worse, it would be best to quit.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline mrz

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 12:09:20 am »
why would some people be tired permanently from eating raw

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 04:35:00 am »
I don't believe TD meant raw i think he meant RZC.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 11:41:08 am »
Make sure you are getting sufficient calories, I find I need to eat a lot more than a normal person to stay energized.  Don't go overboard with the fat

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 11:45:56 am »
... If you get through the first few weeks without too many side-effects that's fine, but otherwise if it just gets worse and worse, it would be best to quit.
...or try what has worked for some others, like increasing your intake of one or more of fat (or decreasing it and perhaps transitioning more slowly by eating some carbs if your system cannot currently digest a lot of fats), iodine, magnesium, water, or salt, depending on your individual needs. These are deficiencies that some ZCers and VLCers have reported. They tend to be people who don't eat a lot of fat, organs, blood, fish, shellfish, seaweed, water, and salt and refuse to take any supplements or get their nutrient levels tested to make sure they get the nutrients they need. Most moderners are not fond of eating raw animal fat, organs, blood, fish heads and edible bones, etc., but these sorts of foods tend to be eaten by carnivorous humans. There are tricks to ZC/VLC that the indigenous Arctic peoples perfected over centuries and millennia and even many of them eat small amounts of berries and other plants, with even the most carnivorous observed Inuit getting 2% of their annual calories from plants, IIRC (though some of the coastal Chukchi may get even less if a documentary I saw is any indication). It shouldn't be done blindly.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:01:08 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk