Author Topic: Gary Johnson for President of the USA  (Read 5981 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Gary Johnson for President of the USA
« on: October 08, 2012, 09:36:11 am »
It's well-past time to move on from Ron Paul, as he's out of the running. So should we choose Gary Johnson or someone else?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Gary Johnson for President of the USA
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:49:38 am »
The greatest current threat to world peace and the global economy seems to be the possibility of a bombing/invasion of Iran by Israel or the USA. It seems we haven't learned the lessons of Afghanistan and Iraq, or even of the Roman Empire thousands of years ago.

Sanctions and war on Iraq devasted their economy and resources and turned a former well-educated and wealthy nation into a backward state dependent on the help (trillions of dollars!) of the USA. What American would have supported an invasion of Iraq if we had been asked "Are you willing to spend TRILLIONS on Iraq?" Anyone? Speak up or forever hold your peace. We Americans cannot afford to spend trillions more on Iran and thus ensure the impoverishment of countless future generations of Americans. Enough is enough!

For this and many other reasons, seen and unseen, the number one priority of any US President must be to find a way to avoid a devastating war between Iran and the US or Israel.

“If you think the war in Iraq was hard, an attack on Iran would, in my opinion, be a catastrophe....” - Former Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, http://www.jewishexponent.com/article/25564/Gates_Proceed_Warily_on_Iran (Ever notice how government officials become much more candid and honest once they're out of office?) Yes, a global catastrophe. While Iran is not fully democratic (is any nation?), it is one of the more democratic nations in the region and has one of the most educated populaces in the region (along with Iraq, before it was devastated by war; see below). The urban youth of Iran generally love Americans, though that love was stressed by the beligerant nature of the GW Bush administration and distrust of Obama. If Israel or the US bombs or invades Iran, that love will turn to hate and it could be the trigger that sets off a global economic collapse. We cannot afford that risk.

Rank   Country   Literacy rate
84    Turkey   94.1[8]
98    Bahrain   91.4
99    Jordan   91.1
100    Ecuador   91.0
100    Iran   91.0[9]
100 Pre-war Iraq: reportedly better than 90% (ttp://www.ibo.org/ibaem/conferences/documents/EDUCATIONINIRAQBYWARANDOCCUPATIO1.pdf)
104    Lebanon   90.0[10]
104    United Arab Emirates   90.0 [l]
110    Tunisia   88.9
116    Syria   87.9
130    post-war Iraq   78.1
135    Algeria   75.4
157    Egypt   66.4
158    Yemen   62.4 [l]
159    Pakistan   62.2
160    Morocco   61.5 [11] [12]
177    Afghanistan   37.8
(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate)

I hope that the belligerent talk of Romney is just stupid campaign bluster, but the risk that it might be more is unacceptable. Thus, at this point, it seems that anyone is preferable to Romney.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:57:50 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:22:35 am »
The empire may do away with Venezuela's president first, kill Syria next, overthrow Iran next now that they are debasing Iran's currency.

Sure, please elect anyone but Romney or Obama as they are both puppets of the same regime.

Peace in our lifetime?  We can always hope.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:38:44 am »
The problem with Johnson is that he is really a nobody.  I'd be very surprised if he gets 2%.  Even if he gets 2% he'd still be a nobody because Libertarian party he has no base anywhere.  By base I mean other elected officials representing Libertarian party.

For Johnson running for president is like trying to build a roof with no walls and no foundation.  Build a solid foundation first by electing Libertarians at the State levels as a start and then moving to Congress and Senate.  Otherwise you might as well vote for Luke Skywalker and get the same results.

In any case the future looks very bleak for Libertarian party because majority will stick with Republicans.  Just like majority of Greens and far-left progressives will stick with Democrats.  And I see of no force or event that may change that.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:05:12 am »
GS - they will never invade Iran, this is just all talk that is to the benefit of all involved - the US, Israeli , and possibly even the Iranian, regimes all benefit from this crazy talk by distracting their populations from what is really going on! They all get to buy more weapons and put more controls over their populations, get more secret service agents, look strong in front of supporters etc

Iran is an enormous country with huge population and weapons resources - the US and Israeli know that actually invading Iran is impossible!

Jew telling the truth about Iran and Israel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:35:09 am by Alive »

Offline Delmonico

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:41:30 am »
The problem with Johnson is that he is really a nobody.  I'd be very surprised if he gets 2%.  Even if he gets 2% he'd still be a nobody because Libertarian party he has no base anywhere.  By base I mean other elected officials representing Libertarian party.

For Johnson running for president is like trying to build a roof with no walls and no foundation.  Build a solid foundation first by electing Libertarians at the State levels as a start and then moving to Congress and Senate.  Otherwise you might as well vote for Luke Skywalker and get the same results.

In any case the future looks very bleak for Libertarian party because majority will stick with Republicans.  Just like majority of Greens and far-left progressives will stick with Democrats.  And I see of no force or event that may change that.

Right on man we need to get relevant to local politics first, instead of wasting all this money on Presidential bids

Offline Delmonico

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:45 am »
Well here is what 20 year CIA agent, former chief the unit tracking Bin Laden, and anti war writer Michael Scheuer has to say about this.  An Iraq style invasion is unlikely but war is certain.

"Ultimately We Will Be Going To War With Iran If The Israelis Want Us To" Michael Scheuer

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:41:36 am »
Sad news recently--Russell Means, who ran in the past in the Libertarian presidential primary (losing to Ron Paul), died on Wednesday from cancer. Here are some quotes from him, and a video:

"I, like all of us, will eventually join my ancestors, and when I do, my hope is that you will all continue to dedicate yourselves to the work to which I have tried to commit my life — liberation and freedom for my Lakota people, for all indigenous peoples, and, in fact, for ALL peoples." ~ Russell Means

"Dependency on government will bring you nothing but poverty." - Russell Means

"[The Amish don't have the problems the Native Americans do] because there is no Bureau of Amish affairs."  -- Russell Means

Russell Means: Welcome To The Reservation -part 1 of 7-

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:42:33 am »
The problem with Johnson is that he is really a nobody.
Sure, but that was one of the most common criticisms of RP too. It didn't stop me from voting for RP, nor from considering voting for GJ.

I suspect you're right that most RP supporters will go with Romney, given that Romney got the support of RP's son.

Which candidate do folks here think best fits with this theoretical platform I would support:
- no plan to attack Iran or further the interventionist, hegemonic Neocon agenda in the Middle East and Western Asia
- reduce the budget deficit
- replace the Fed with something better, or at least reform it
- end "too-big-to-fail," corporate bailouts, and quantitative easing; make sure that corporations have skin in the game
- separate out commercial and consumer banking from investment banking, especially as long as banks are backed by the FDIC
- seek energy independence via a broad range of sources
- try not to mess with the environment more than absolutely necessary
- decriminalize drugs and prostitution
- stop interfering with people's choices to consume raw milk and other raw animal foods
- try to promote a more antifragile, resilient society

It seems to me that Gary Johnson's platform comes closest to this, but maybe I'm missing something.

Here's a similar summary of key issues by Nassim Taleb:
"The Black Swan" author Nassim Taleb Cheers Ron Paul's Economic Platform on CNBC
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:49:39 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 09:02:39 am »
I did an online poll re political affiliation and got Gary Johnson at 86% agreement with me, but I have now discovered a new Party, the Constitutional Party, as Virgil Goode is deemed my 2nd option at 74%. What absolutely mystifies me is that Mitt Romney stands at 71%, and Obama at 56%, with the general American public at 55%. The last 3 lot should really be at 0-10%, at best.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 09:18:36 am »
Raw paleo dieter voters are a rare breed of thinking class of people.
As Daboss has explained, his superstitious nature was demolished when his brain was nourished and blood was flowing.
Makes me think how the ruling banking class does it... are they raw paleo dieters or have some herbs or special foods that gives them better thinking skills?
I'm betting we are just as smart as the ruling class is now, just not as well positioned or as well networked.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:07 am »
You're on the right track, GS. Many "gourmet" foods of the elite are Paleo and even raw Paleo. Caviar is a good example.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
You're on the right track, GS. Many "gourmet" foods of the elite are Paleo and even raw Paleo. Caviar is a good example.

Ooohhh Caviar.  I will explore that.  Any recommendations / links I can order Caviar online?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:03 am »
I occasionally buy a small amount of salmon caviar at my local market, and ask them to throw in some free meaty salmon bone/head scraps in with it. Salmon caviar is tasty while not being nearly as expensive as the priciest caviars, though it is still very expensive and tends to go bad fairly quickly (especially if not heavily salted--I prefer less salt). I have found that there is a wide range of quality among salmon caviars, with some tasting excessively fishy and salty. My favorite jarred caviar so far is Awers' Salmon Caviar. It does contain some sorbic acid as a preservative, and also some olive oil. Better still is fresh salmon roe pouches. I just rinse the fresh roe in a mesh strainer to get rid of some of the fishiness and then they taste best because there is no added salt. However, they are rarely available in the market and must be consumed rather quickly to avoid spoilage.

A cheaper option is to fish during spawning time and hope to catch a fish with roe, and hope it's a good tasting roe (again, rinsing will probably help), or look to see if any other fisherman catch fish with roe and ask for it, or ask them to save it for you. Many fisherman foolishly throw away roe (which I used to do myself before I knew better).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 09:41:20 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16:36 am »
Raw paleo dieter voters are a rare breed of thinking class of people.
As Daboss has explained, his superstitious nature was demolished when his brain was nourished and blood was flowing.
Makes me think how the ruling banking class does it... are they raw paleo dieters or have some herbs or special foods that gives them better thinking skills?
I'm betting we are just as smart as the ruling class is now, just not as well positioned or as well networked.

GS what are you referring to when you say my superstitious nature went away when I was well nourished?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk