Author Topic: Standard theories re First Americans overturned  (Read 875 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Standard theories re First Americans overturned
« on: November 19, 2015, 05:07:23 pm »

The previous article had a subsection on such an interesting, quite different subject, I thought I should give it a thread of its own:-

WERE THE FIRST AMERICANS ACTUALLY ABORIGINES?
A recent genetic study is threatening to transform theories about who the original Native Americans were after finding certain tribes in the Amazon are related to Aborigines in Australia.
The findings suggest America may have actually experienced multiple waves of migration thousands of years ago, rather than just one that spread down through the continent from the north.
Researchers found people belonging to the SuruĂ­, Karitiana and Xavante peoples in the Amazon are more closely related to indigenous populations in Australasia than any other modern group.
Australian Aborigines, together with indigenous populations in New Guinea and the Andaman Islands, are thought to be descended from one of the earliest groups of modern humans to migrate out of Africa around 60,000 years ago.
They are thought to have been a sea faring people who were able to hop between the islands that extend from Asia to Australia.
The new findings suggest their descendants may have ranged far further and could have crossed the vast ocean expanse between Australia and south America.
However, the researchers say they could have also travelled across ice sheets to the north.

There is also this earlier article showing that a third of the DNA of Native-Americans is Caucasian(this is not referring solely to modern admixture between settlers from 1492 onwards and Native-Americans but also to the DNA of the  first Native-Americans to enter the North-American continent  :-

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6157/409.full

(Link for the first article)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3324091/First-Americans-arrived-19-000-years-ago-New-clues-suggest-earliest-settlers-survived-ice-age.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Standard theories re First Americans overturned
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 08:55:13 pm »
I'm not surprised. If you can island-hop, then crossing the Pacific is definitely do-able. Thor Heyerdahl proved that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk