Author Topic: frozen meat and protein  (Read 4501 times)

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
frozen meat and protein
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:20 pm »
In aajonus vonderplanitz book he says that protein in frozen meat is only 25% utilizable, what do you think about this. Unfortunately I buy from farmers markets and unfortunately these farmers are FORCED to freeze there meat, thnx U.S land of the free my ass, we could get more into why there forced to freeze there meat but that's another topic. Another question I have is it better to buy fresh meat from the store but the meat isn't as high as quality but its fresh, or would it better to buy very high quality meat but it be frozen? Whats your opinion. Also when I try to make high meat witch frozen meat it just comes out not good with this also weird smell.
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: frozen meat and protein
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:51 pm »
I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm going on the assumption that he was on to something. I avoid frozen meats whenever possible, and for muscle meats I prefer regular and fresh than organic and frozen. For fats, organs and marrow I'm not sure. I guess I would prefer the frozen, but in that situation I'd rather substitute the fat with something else like eggs and avocados. I would never make high meat with anything except fresh and organic. But then again, I've never tried high meat, so what do I know.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 11:30:47 pm »
A lot depends on how fast the meat is frozen. Quick-frozen is better. I generally avoid frozen food, though.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:04:01 am »
I guess the "forced to freeze" is a local issue for you... I'm in the U.S. and my farmers are never forced to freeze their meat. Many farmers choose to freeze because it makes distribution and storage easier for their company.

I buy never-frozen grass fed beef and lamb all the time. I find it in markets, at the farm, and online. I hang my meat, making it unnecessary to freeze for storage.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 06:08:29 am »
I was taught a trick by butchers to plastic wrap beef meat before putting in the freezer.  If it just stays for a week it seems fine still.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 10:42:30 am »
I guess the "forced to freeze" is a local issue for you... I'm in the U.S. and my farmers are never forced to freeze their meat. Many farmers choose to freeze because it makes distribution and storage easier for their company.

I buy never-frozen grass fed beef and lamb all the time. I find it in markets, at the farm, and online. I hang my meat, making it unnecessary to freeze for storage.

Yes I think your correct on it being a local issue, I have a awesome fish market by me that's fresh wild caught, I may live off fish until I figure out what to do about the meat
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk