Author Topic: Beautiful People  (Read 15389 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Beautiful People
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:32:34 am »
I've traveled to New Zealand many times and really enjoyed it, amazing country. Weston price visited there and took some photo's there many more on the web in that era with some truly beautiful people.

http://www.johnleechgallery.co.nz/images/imagelibrary/public/news/frontcover_larger.jpg

http://www.oceania-ethnographica.com/micl98.jpg

http://www.oceania-ethnographica.com/micl13.jpg

http://www.oceania-ethnographica.com/micl45.jpg

Many of the Maori have tattooed lips and chin (moko) male an female. Unfortunately many of the males in the photographs have grown beards to hide them owing to the European influence.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful People
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 01:44:47 am »
Whoa those face tattoos are extreme.

William

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 04:04:36 am »
Unfortunately many of the males in the photographs have grown beards to hide them owing to the European influence.

Unfortunately?!?   Wimp!

You may now change your username to babyface.  :D

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:37:22 pm »
LOL

I hate being clean shave. Feels wrong..I feel weaker. I shave once every few weeks for certain jobs I'm called too.

Interestingly riders in the Tour De France don't shave their faces whe competing in the Time Trials.

Albert Camus

Offline Ayla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 03:59:11 am »
Wow; she is really beautiful! That is true beauty  :o
I recall when first trying raw food as a big part of my diet, I figured how logical it is and I also had some thoughts on why we haven't been taught about this, us modern westerns etc. When I discuss this matter with people, they react in a very strange way.

1. They don't know that there are still tribes out there eating the natural way, free from gluten, chemicals etc
2. They still claim that one need a little diet coke, toast, pastry to enjoy life truly (wow, I love that part - I reply by telling them that a serving of raw, wild caught salmon is my big treat,  ;D)
3. That it is the most sutainable way for the enviroment to eat RAW; as much we can. Even on paleo; if you cook it and make use of energy (your stove etc) you affect the planets whole well being.

All I can say is; her people, their way of living will be an important knowledge for all mankind in a near future or else we will starv and perish to death. They know how to survive AND thrive, in the long,long run.
We cannot spread litter around us - we have to walk gently on earth and make no marks on it or we will suffer bad hunters luck and the wrath of our Creator (JAHVÉ, or whom you believe in)  8)

Offline Ayla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:02:48 am »
PS) Also se "Inuit" by Satya - harmony at its fullest

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 04:52:12 pm »
That's a new concept re claiming that cooking leads to climate change. It does sound logical provided one believes in climate-change in the first place. Maybe we should copy vegan arguments and start giving people guilt-trips about how much they're harming the environment by cooking such as barbecuing/heating the world's climate etc.!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:58:14 am »
It is crazy to believe that in order to enjoy life we need cakes, chips and biscuits. These foods are such strong drugs.

Albert Camus

Offline tslate

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:18:47 pm »
<<3. Even on paleo; if you cook it and make use of energy (your stove etc) you affect the planets whole well being. >>

Any volcanic eruption benefits the planet.  There's more heat/pollution in one eruption than I would think thousands of years of cooking.  That said, no one is advocating pollution but seriously cooking?  There's just no basis in fact to believe that has anymore of a negative impact than a forest fire, earthquake, hurricane, or any other natural disaster.

Up until last century all cooking was done on fires, so I suppose you could make the case for consumption of fuels such as gas, electricity, etc versus wood.  But still you'd have to make the case and compare the levels of pollutants, environmental effects, sustainability of fuel sources for large populations, etc.   Then of course, you'd have to migrate large populations to the tropics, or are you suggesting that we can't   have heat either?  Which of course, we spend far more than on cooking food.

Maybe there are ways for zero point energy consumption that are currently being researched that have little environmental impact, but it's silly to presume that somehow that not cooking helps at all.  I think in order to achieve what you ultimately want that would mean all modern conveniences would be eliminated.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 01:39:36 am »
3. That it is the most sutainable way for the enviroment to eat RAW; as much we can. Even on paleo; if you cook it and make use of energy (your stove etc) you affect the planets whole well being.

Any volcanic eruption benefits the planet.  There's more heat/pollution in one eruption than I would think thousands of years of cooking.  That said, no one is advocating pollution but seriously cooking?  There's just no basis in fact to believe that has anymore of a negative impact than a forest fire, earthquake, hurricane, or any other natural disaster.

Up until last century all cooking was done on fires, so I suppose you could make the case for consumption of fuels such as gas, electricity, etc versus wood.  But still you'd have to make the case and compare the levels of pollutants, environmental effects, sustainability of fuel sources for large populations, etc.   Then of course, you'd have to migrate large populations to the tropics, or are you suggesting that we can't   have heat either?  Which of course, we spend far more than on cooking food.

Maybe there are ways for zero point energy consumption that are currently being researched that have little environmental impact, but it's silly to presume that somehow that not cooking helps at all.  I think in order to achieve what you ultimately want that would mean all modern conveniences would be eliminated.

What's wrong with raw?  Besides the fact that I agree with Ayla, you can't argue your fuel bills go down when you stop cooking.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline tslate

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 02:03:08 am »
    What's wrong with raw?  Besides the fact that I agree with Ayla, you can't argue your fuel bills go down when you stop cooking.

I didn't comment about raw vs not-raw. I commented on this statement: <<if you cook it and make use of energy (your stove etc) you affect the planets whole well being. >>

which has nothing to do with what you commented on.

Heat has been used for thousands of years for many, many things, such as building the place where you live, the car you drive, the light you use, how the heck is not cooking going to matter to the planet compared to everything else?  My fuel bill will go down by less than $20 if you consider that most energy usage in my home is non-cooking related.

But I don't believe that energy consumption in general is negative or should be regarded as such, and that goes   for cooking. 

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 02:21:55 am »
We stopped using the clothes dryer and instead use a drying rack and we stopped cooking, so our energy bill is about half.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 02:29:23 am »
Thanks for the interesting photos. I wonder how they shaved if they were stone age?
Cheers
Al

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 06:51:45 am »
fire?

Albert Camus

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:27 am »
I'd bet it was chips of flint or other easily shapeable stone.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk