Author Topic: Raw crab meat  (Read 13882 times)

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Raw crab meat
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:49:00 am »
I was trying to find information on raw crab meat. Whether it's safe to eat or not. What should I look for in the meat, can I eat it right out of the crab (after catching)? Any info would be helpful.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw crab meat
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:36:50 am »
I've eaten it dozens of times raw, with no problems.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:23:58 am »
I was trying to find information on raw crab meat. Whether it's safe to eat or not. What should I look for in the meat, can I eat it right out of the crab (after catching)? Any info would be helpful.
I've eaten raw crab hundreds of times and never had a problem. It is a bit difficult to get the flesh out, though, from the claws. I had to use a hammer etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:49:30 am »
It's tastier and easier to get the flesh when the crab has been kept dead in a fridge for about 2 days.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:57:24 am »

Female blue crabs are great especially with the orange / reddish eggs from their top shell.

The meat is yeah hard to get without further processing so I usually let my other family members steam that portion to get the meat.

I have not tried iguana's refrigerated solution, maybe next time.

Small crabs smaller than your hand I eat them raw and alive for show, good too.   More commonly these tiny crabs are raw fermented before eating.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:16:00 am »
I tried to eat raw blue crabs once. There was so little meat and it was so hard to get to that i decided it wasnt worth it.
-----------

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:34 am »
One of my favorite raw restaurant foods is fermented Korean crab, which is called gejang - ??. A good Korean barbecue restaurant or supermarket would sell this dish. Fermenting un-rubberizes the flesh.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk