Author Topic: Another Dairy Topic  (Read 12959 times)

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Another Dairy Topic
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 02:10:18 am »
My friend killed a rabbit months ago and it was lactating. He gave it to me and I skinned it and ate some of the meat. There was milk on the belly fat. It was during spring I believe. Here is a picture of the meat.
Didn't take a photo of the milk though. I should have. Oh wait, If you look close to the upper left you will see the fat, but of course you can't tell if there's milk on it.

William

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 04:43:12 am »
ha, knew that was comin

so, is soured milk bad to just drink? this might be too much information, but i do recall having a pretty weird bowel movement the morning after drinking that soured/cultured glass... oh well, experimentation is good. oh, also, i found out my roomate has some commercial freeze-dried kefir starter culture but the ingredients listed are 'lactic bacteria and yests, skim milk powder.' im sure the skim milk powder is not good quality, but i might try it anyway. also also, he has some good quality pasturized yogurt from a local producer that has live cultures. i might just add a teaspoon of that to see how that works out.

Soured milk is what everybody drank before refrigeration and pasteurization were invented. It is thought to be good for us because of the lactobacillus bacteria and others in it.
If you leave pasteurized milk out for a day or so it does not sour; it rots. You can smell the difference.

Your roommate has a commercial imitation of the real thing. Kefir is a living community and cannot be freeze-dried. It's much better than yogurt, and easier to make. People pass it around for the price of postage. You can find them online.
Good stuff, but did not fix my problem.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 05:41:10 pm »
Look, there are enough people , such as myself, who suffer from even fermented, raw dairy, for there to be serious doubts raised as to the notion of consuming raw( or pasteurised) dairy of any kind. Consume it at your own risk, but remember that most rawists do not benefit from any kind of dairy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline fuggles

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 10:23:28 am »
is goat dairy allowed

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:49 pm »
is goat dairy allowed

No, Nyet, Nein.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 04:41:42 am »
is goat dairy allowed

Not by aajonus, and not by rawpaleo dieters, and not by cooked paleo dieters.  You're allowed to do what you will with goat dairy though, if you're a wild goat.

Goat dairy is for vegans coming off veganism.  It has taurine, which cow dairy and all vegan foods don't have.  Meat is a much richer source in taurine though.  Colostrum has a little taurine, more than cow dairy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk