Author Topic: dogfood good for you  (Read 5996 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
dogfood good for you
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:47:57 am »
at 9 mins he talks about how if a homeless person eats nothing but dogfood he will longer than doctors because all the known required nutrients have been put into dog food. What do you guys think?

The War on Nutrition with Dr. Joel Wallach
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: dogfood good for you
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:39:35 pm »
Lex Rooker eats pet food.  Check his journal.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:10:28 pm »
Lex Rooker eats pet food.  Check his journal.

I assume you are joking. Lex Rooker's eats raw grass fed beef and all the related body parts[/b]. Not comparable to standard dogfood which I do not feed to my dogs and people who do have dogs who need to take them the vet far more often and contract a variety of diseases.  Coincidentally when I took my  last dog to the vet I was offered  a free bag of dry dog food by the vet!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 09:28:53 pm »
In the link below it is mentioned ionna and lex were into pet food.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/carnivorous-zero-carb-approach/slanker%27s-pet-food/

I'm not into pet food.  I can eat organs and oysters and clams.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 05:07:00 am »
I assume you are joking. Lex Rooker's eats raw grass fed beef and all the related body parts[/b]. Not comparable to standard dogfood which I do not feed to my dogs and people who do have dogs who need to take them the vet far more often and contract a variety of diseases.  Coincidentally when I took my  last dog to the vet I was offered  a free bag of dry dog food by the vet!

Lex eats Slankers dog and cat food. It is grassfed whole cows ground up to a consistency that dogs like - it's what I feed my dogs, cats and chickens. It's not processed at their regular processor and doesn't get the same inspections and includes all the good stuff that the processors are not allowed to sell back for human consumption. If we're talking about eating THAT then hell yeah - that's better than most regular human food. ;)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 05:43:04 am »
what are processors not allowed to sell back for human consumption?
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:49:41 am »
what are processors not allowed to sell back for human consumption?

Anything except the muscle meats and three organs - I think they are liver, kidney and heart - but not totally sure on that atm memory not kicking in. That's why there are only three organs in Slankers primal meat blend and it has such a high percentage of organ meat. Quite literally - half the weight of the cow is gone.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 10:08:02 am »
i still do and love it :)  it's just an easy way to get my organs, and organ meat works really for me. 

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 11:18:20 am »
Anything except the muscle meats and three organs - I think they are liver, kidney and heart - but not totally sure on that atm memory not kicking in. That's why there are only three organs in Slankers primal meat blend and it has such a high percentage of organ meat. Quite literally - half the weight of the cow is gone.

don't know where you're getting this from... then why can I buy pancreas, sweetbreads, glands, testicles, etc?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:38 am »
don't know where you're getting this from... then why can I buy pancreas, sweetbreads, glands, testicles, etc?

Boxcar - do you live in Texas?  Where do you get them from please?!!!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:17 pm »
i can get brains and spleen and probably other things here in nyc. Liver is actually what I have most trouble getting.
-----------

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 04:25:34 pm »
Lex eats Slankers dog and cat food. It is grassfed whole cows ground up to a consistency that dogs like - it's what I feed my dogs, cats and chickens. It's not processed at their regular processor and doesn't get the same inspections and includes all the good stuff that the processors are not allowed to sell back for human consumption. If we're talking about eating THAT then hell yeah - that's better than most regular human food. ;)
Dorothy; you put it so much more clearly than my mangled offering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk