Author Topic: Fat storage and ultimately obesity through low carb high fat approach  (Read 2615 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
I just read that there is another fat storage mechanism that is not carb-insulin related but rather fat-asp based one.. Yes it would be harder to overeat fat to get that much calories from fat to gain weight but maybe this is the reason that cooked paleo diets work for most of the obese people(They just drop their overall calories ingestion thereof drop weight and get more energy left)?? If getting fat through fat-asp mechanism is true then it just proves that weight is calories-macros-micros In and calories-macro-micros out?? or it's even more complicated calories-macro-micro-enzyme-food combining Lol wtf but who counts this shit I heard people get results from calories managing diets with ice cream and pizza.. Martin berkhan says It's all about calories in calories out.. Is it true?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:52:03 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Fat storage and ultimately obesity through low carb high fat approach
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:54 pm »
And its just happens that losing weight is best on higher fat low carb because of the satiety index of fats.. and to gain weight best would be fat carb combo like honey butter because you can overeat this all day... Or maybe gaining wight and getting lean has nothing to do with health?? Martin says generally speaking lean people have very healthy lipid profile but what about all the other health markers like bone density jaw size bowel movements skin color energy levels sleep quality and quantity? Digestion efficiency? So a calorie is not a calorie after all?? It's like 500g ground grained beef vs 500g Ground grassfed beef?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fat storage and ultimately obesity through low carb high fat approach
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »

Like many others we could name, Martin is probably right about some of the BS people try to pull from alternative camps (like us), and probably wrong in regards to many things that are indeed important to health. Likewise we can be wrong a lot there too.

The emphasis on calorie-in-out thing which is now MORE popular is pretty perplexing to me. Clearly tons of overweight people just do not eat a lot and likely have some kind of issue which could be described by AV or Graham accurately as some kind of toxicity. Likewise many people that are unwell and underweight its the same (or worse) issue and can eat tons of healthy fruits and meats/fats and not gain any meaningful weight (muscle or even fat in some cases). Also worth noting is the general difficulty in adding mass on a raw diet, particularly if it does not include dairy or starchy carb foods or carb foods in general (which I am sure he would heavily agree).

I havn't found that raw food has elimated my need to eat basic calorie quantity like all the original gurus I followed promised, but I have noticed I tend to eat less than alot of people here describe FWIW. No miracles there tho, just using the food normally I guess. Like Martin has pointed out sometimes people arn't even honest with themselves about their intake, so for then for the record its possible I eat more on certain days than others.

In regards to food quality, I'm probably one of the few raw folks who will admit someone could improve not only their physique but also their health eating garbage. Sometimes more so over healthy food. The catch is long term there is likely still consquences. No matter how strong your metabolism and hormones and such are and how efficient you are at storing or getting rid of fat, you arn't going to elminate all the 'toxic' qualites of pizza and such IMO. Its still worthy of discussion which WOE (independent of food quality) help these things along, as many people spin their wheels just trying to avoid "bad food" and justify some crappy diet that does nothing for either performance or health.

I think its good to be reading that stuff and this kind of stuff and trying to put together what makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:59:14 am by KD »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk