Author Topic: Morphological(?) Considerations  (Read 3915 times)

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Morphological(?) Considerations
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:10 am »
From most of what I've read over the past year or so, the majority of people who go raw paleo or primal or what not tend to notice some pretty marked changes in their body shape and makeup. It seems that most people lose fat around the abdomen and tend to gain mass on the upper body ... without exercise. Is this pretty common?

Also, most of the testimonials I've seen are from men. I know there are quite a few women pursuing this kind of lifestyle, but I don't hear much on how it affects there bodies. Is it similar to the way it affects men?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Morphological(?) Considerations
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:36:16 am »
I had muscle-wastage(due to adrenal burnout) and the diet sorted that out over several months. I also found that I developed extra muscle-mass at the gym quite quickly.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Squall

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:25 am »
I think I have similar adrenal problems. Probably related to too much coffee and too much tobacco. And probably due to a SAD diet too, and stress. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those symptoms go bye-bye. Maybe even all!
The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd.

- Bertrand Russell

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:06:00 am »
I think I have similar adrenal problems. Probably related to too much coffee and too much tobacco. And probably due to a SAD diet too, and stress. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those symptoms go bye-bye. Maybe even all!

I would strongly suggest you get hold of raw glandulars(thyroid and adrenal) from grassfed cattle. Either get them from a farm(eg:- Northstar bison website) or Dr Ron's website.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:46:49 pm »
From most of what I've read over the past year or so, the majority of people who go raw paleo or primal or what not tend to notice some pretty marked changes in their body shape and makeup. It seems that most people lose fat around the abdomen and tend to gain mass on the upper body ... without exercise. Is this pretty common?

Also, most of the testimonials I've seen are from men. I know there are quite a few women pursuing this kind of lifestyle, but I don't hear much on how it affects there bodies. Is it similar to the way it affects men?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know...I was thinking maybe
-There aren't many women on here to start with and only a few post
-The girls seem to come from healthier backgrounds...so don't have such dramatic improvements
-Too blokey a forum
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:49:15 pm »
There's roughly a  c.3.5 to 1 ratio of men to women, here. I'm sure the proportion will change, over time, as the other RPD yahoo groups are mostly 1:1 as regards the male/female ratio.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 11:50:33 pm »

Not. I had adrenal burnout, and it's fixed on the diet. (maybe also lifestyle change)
I still smoke like a fiend and drink all the *organic* coffee I feel like.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk