Author Topic: healing joints?  (Read 5053 times)

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
healing joints?
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:52 pm »
wondering if anyone here has significantly healed their joint pain/knee pain/etc with this diet, or a combo of this diet and other stuff - if so please share
since joints are complex and different problems can result in pain, i'd like to know the symptoms, the cause if you know, and then what it feels like now.

i have left knee pain during bending and moving - weight bearing only - the pain is on the top of the tibia - the issue started when i landed hard in a straight legged position with my bodyweight on one leg when i was 20ish yrs old (ten years ago) in a martial arts class. back then i was on a SAD diet and never healed correctly and probably had hidden dysfunction from improper physical formation from a SAD diet childhood.

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: healing joints?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »
I have. :)
I used to have knee pain as a teenager. An orthopedist did an X-ray and found a torn interior meniscus in my right knee. They did surgery and it felt better after that. A couple years ago my left knee started getting the same pains. Once I went raw carnivore ~ a year ago the inflammation went down significantly. Between diet and semi-regular walking/jogging/running the pain goes away completely. If I don't get out and move I do feel a twinge here and there but it's nowhere near what it should be. Believe it or not though the knee that ends up hurting more is the one they did the surgery on.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:08:51 am »
I had severe joint-pains pre-rawpalaeodiet. They only started disappearing once I cut out the raw-dairy-component and stuck to raw meats, raw organ-meats and raw fruits  - symptoms started to go away after a few months. I think the raw dairy caused some sort of deficiency which made my joints extremely painful on a frequent basis(dairy has variously been implicated in magnesium-deficiency and copper-deficiency).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 01:38:57 am »
I dont know about serious joint injuries, but all cuts I have had on my skin heals incredibly fast. I got burned by hot oil in spots all over my left arm. A few so severe that the wound looked like a fairly deep cut. A week later and they are almost gone. If I had not seen it with my own eyes....My only issue is with liver. I bruise easy when I eat a lot of it, but it is just color, i dont actually feel a bruising. I am very light skinned to the point where you can see my veins throught the skin during winther. Doesnt matter if I am ripped or overweight. I think that has got something to do with it.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:16:17 am »
Junk food does it for me. Starts in the fingers. I used to get the pains very occasionally but I had some Ayurvedic stuff that worked like a charm. I eat various meats, cheese, milk, butter, cream with zero issues.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 11:43:21 am »
    Eliminating nightshades is good in my experience, although I've heard applying raw potato to joints can alleviate symptoms of arthritis.

Lightly searing meat has only raised holy hell on my joints.

Grass-fed cultured raw butter has really helped my joints.  Reishi mushroom is good too, but can leave me over acidic.  Uncaria tomentosa root bark is pretty good.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk