Author Topic: Non_Muslim/Non_Jews forced to eat halal/kosher meat Article  (Read 2898 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/9245850/Religious-butchering-now-commonplace-in-Britain-leading-vet-claims.html

I am disgusted by this and am glad that I only consume raw wild game and raw grassfed meat from small farms. What appals me is that the UK government hasn't dared to force such halal/kosher meats to be labelled as such. Of course, they know that once that happens most non-Muslims/non-Jews wouldn't dare touch the stuff. This is because, not only are the animals slaughtered inhumanely(thus pissing off the animal-rights people among others), but also there have been a lot of scandals in the Kosher/halal sectors worldwide as regards a lack of interest in food-safety/food-standards. Plus few people like to be forced to eat meats derived from the religious sector, given the current rising levels of atheism.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Non_Muslim/Non_Jews forced to eat halal/kosher meat Article
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:40 pm »
It would be interesting to know the effects of stunning (or lack thereof) on the meat.

Not everyone stuns and stunning is not necessarily an indicator of quality meats, as is witnessed by the massive abattoirs in NA where an assembly line complete with conveyor belts carrying the animals one by one to their deaths makes it pretty obvious to the animal it's fate, since the MacDonald's empire took over meat processing in NA.

Having said that I do not eat anything from these places and in a sense people who do get what they pay for so that's their problem.

I know for instance that Joe Salatin,  'Polyface Farms' doesn't stun his chickens, not sure about the other animals. However I and everyone here (almost) would buy his meats in a heartbeat.

Amazing though that meat is proclaimed holy despite how it got there.
 Joel @ Polyface Farm
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 11:52:05 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:54:57 pm »
It's not just the animal cruelty that's bad as regards kosher/halal, it's the fact that they get rid of the blood as well. I find that the more bloody a meat is the better it tastes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 12:00:40 am »
I have read that there is also other things like issues with cleanliness and health inspections being non-existant. It's basically a free-for-all because the notions are thousands of years old.
Cheers
Al

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 12:53:38 am »
So what's the big deal if this stunning is not done? The animal will anyway die.
And as is common to say on this board: paleo people wouldn't do any stunning.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:49:57 am »
We now have a mass-slaughter industry going on, so it is our obligation to respect animal rights. In palaeo times,  far fewer animals were slaughtered annually. I mean, having an animal die slowly while conscious is just unnecessarily cruel.
" Ron Paul.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2012, 04:47:34 am »
Whether it's one or a billion animals doesn't make any difference.. I mean they will all individually suffer the same.
It's nice to do yes, since we can control this now. But it's still kinda pointless. I know I wouldn't care whether I suffer for a few seconds or not just before I die.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 05:18:02 am »
Whether it's one or a billion animals doesn't make any difference.. I mean they will all individually suffer the same.
It's nice to do yes, since we can control this now. But it's still kinda pointless. I know I wouldn't care whether I suffer for a few seconds or not just before I die.
Most people would prefer to die quickly and painlessly  in their sleep.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 05:20:39 am »
When an animal suffers it pours hormones into the meat which affects the nutrition and flavour. That's why hunters always try for the quick kill. The meat tastes better.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk