Author Topic: Article: Hot Find! Humans Used Fire 1 Million Years Ago  (Read 2317 times)

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Article: Hot Find! Humans Used Fire 1 Million Years Ago
« on: April 09, 2012, 02:08:43 am »
Thoughts on this article? http://www.livescience.com/19425-earliest-human-fire.html

personally I don't care WHEN people started using fire, "easier to digest cooked foods" might be true when referring to starch, but in my personal experience, certainly not when referring to real paleo foods. And there's no denying the problemic compounds created by cooking

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Article: Hot Find! Humans Used Fire 1 Million Years Ago
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:36:02 am »
['m pretty sure this is a fraud of some sort.There have been some repeated desperate attempts to shove back the date for the invention of fire. The trouble is that, after careful analysis, all of them have very serious problems in their evidence. For one thing, cooking got started in a big way c. 300,000 years ago, with multiple evidence showing. By contrast, earlier sites suggested re cooking evidence are very, very sparse in number, and all of them have questionable evidence(for example one anthropologist stated that it was extremely likely that the evidence from burnt bones was deposited  at a much more recent era and got mixed in with evidence from more ancient times, due to geological processes etc.).

The other point is that the further back cooking gets shoved, the more problematic the issue of heat-created toxins becomes. For humans to have adapted to cooked foods, they would all have had to have become immune to the effects of heat-created toxins. But the solid scientific evidence shows, via thousands of studies, that humans are indeed heavily affected by such toxins, over time.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk