Author Topic: Freeze-dried Liver Powder  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Igla

• Forager
    • View Profile
Freeze-dried Liver Powder
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:57:59 pm »
Currently I am taking a Freeze-dried Beef Liver Powder Supplement. It is quite inconvenient for me to consume frozen organs although i have access to them.

It comes frozen then dehydrated from GF cows and 1oz of the Powder is equivalent to 4oz of liver, as the company claims.

What is your opinions? Any advice and concerns? Thank you.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Freeze-dried Liver Powder
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 04:08:21 pm »
I used to buy from Dr Ron's a supplement that was claimed to be 100% free of preservatives and chemicals, that was made from genuinely raw liver from grassfed cattle. It was a powdered extract of glands like thyroid, adrenal etc. It failed to help me. Admittedly, my health-problems  might not have been glandular per se , though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Igla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:01:28 pm »
I used to buy from Dr Ron's a supplement that was claimed to be 100% free of preservatives and chemicals, that was made from genuinely raw liver from grassfed cattle. It was a powdered extract of glands like thyroid, adrenal etc. It failed to help me. Admittedly, my health-problems  might not have been glandular per se , though.

When I take fresh(thawed) liver I have instant energy and can feel the boost Days on end.

I just received the supplement and ill continue to experiment and report anything interesting.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 02:43:36 am »
Because it's grass fed you're probably ok by taking beef liver instead of calves liver. I can taste the difference between the two. Unexpectedly the calves liver has a stronger flavor. I guess fattening the cows up on grain mellows out the flavor. But mainly: why would you want to substitute dried for frozen? That is taking another step backwards from fresh liver. If you have to for some reason than I'm sure it's far better than not taking any at all but I would get as close to fresh as is practical and affordable for you. For me it's just as easy to grab a slice of frozen calves liver, whack it on the counter and throw it into the blender as it is to use powdered liver. Plus I like the extra chill in my smoothie from the frozen slices. When I was younger I used to carry a bottle of liver pills in my pocket and suck on them all day long but that idea no longer appeals to me.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 03:43:01 am »
Incidentally, the worst kind of meat is factory-farmed veal. I remember, in France, in overhead motorway restaurants, encountering this ghastly, sickly-white-looking veal meat and avoiding it like the plague after I first tried it. Never could understand how the French, despite a memorable cuisine including raw, aged cheeses could so go in for fast-food like that or McDonald's.

tbh, most connoisseurs, RVAF or otherwise, would prefer (grassfed/wild) meat from much older animals. The UK laws, forced on us by the evil EU after the mad-cow-hysteria, force all cattle, even healthy, grassfed cattle to be slaughtered at 30 months, long before the grassfed cattle are able to build up enough healthy layers of fat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk