Author Topic: bad mistake  (Read 11908 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: bad mistake
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 12:26:29 am »
I have not tried combining meat with a reasonable amount of fat yet. I experience irritation if I do mono-eating, some foods higher some foods lower. Most raw meat is minimally irritating but does not satisfy hunger. Some of the worst foods include fruit, which I usually find a need to consume with starch to protect my stomach. Otherwise I some get some pain, increased hunger, and indigestion symptoms. Plain fruits such as cucumber especially do this and intensify hunger. I remember a time when my typical meal consisted of a starch, meat, and fruit as that seemed to reduce symptoms.

To put a long story short, my stomach needs to be shielded by food such as starch when eating other foods, or risk effects such as increased hunger, indigestion, and irritation.

these seem like typical symptoms of how you are eating regularly and transition rather than anything to do with nerve damage. of course if you mix starch with a cucumber you will feel more full, cucumbers with peel are also usually hell on the stomach. Most people won't be satisfied eating pure protein or eat that way unless they are eating a variety of fats or carbs throughout the day. Think about the way most westerners eat, just because something masks symptoms doesn't mean its working to correct the problem. You think a cross-country trucker stops for a couple of peaches and doesn't get digestive problems?

fruits can be irritating for a variety of reasons and benefit can be had by combining with some animal, most fruit fats, and most dairy fats, and certain kinds with some types of nuts/seeds. With starches the fruit will automatically ferment, fruit needs to pass through to the lower intestine, that is what that wierd feeling usually is. Also fruit creates some kind of cleansing reaction which is not always helpful or comfortable. Its common to get back aches and all kinds of intestinal things from high sugar seedless fruits. similar to above, is if someone on RAF is eating a fruit meal, they're not going to be satisfied unless they eat enough fat and a fair amount of animal food regularly, or if they are eating massive meals of fruits or combining with fats.

I still don't understand how you've made this conclusion (was there a diagnosis?) especially if you havn't tried mixing meat with fats which is pretty much THE go-to meal. Some fats are difficult to source locally, but at the low end there is always eggs (the free range varieties are acceptable) or avocados at the bottom which are available everywhere. There are some people here that mentioned eating starch (roots -not grains) helped them in a variety of ways (more palatable, eating more etc...) but this shielding concept makes little sense either scientifically or alt-scientifically especially if you arn't even entertaining basic solutions. One major problem with what you doing is increased risk of bacteria. Since you mention in the other thread going to the hospital or whatever from ingesting grains (which doesn't happen to your average rice eater), you can see why I'm pushing you to question your program here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:31:33 am by KD »

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 05:44:27 am »
I realize what I'm doing is dangerous but it's slowly becoming an upgrade over my previous eating habits. I'm experimenting with what food is best until I can finally start an actual diet.

As for the sensitivity and irritation I am describing, it has been with me for a while. It increases due to other factors too, such as in winter. My allergy/hypersensitivity to cold temperatures causes my nerves to be even more unstable, and this is easily shown after I eat. My stomach is affected the worse by these hypersensitivities. My throat instantly becomes sore if I place my feet on a cool floor for even a second, tongue gets burn marks from remotely sour fruit, and many more. My conditions are complicated, maybe starting a journal would make keeping track of them easier for me and anyone interested...

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 06:16:29 am »
if my only option was eating raw meat with cooked grains, I probably wouldn't be eating raw. luckily this isn't a situation anyone needs to be in no matter what state of health they are in. It probably would be good to keep a journal, and detail exactly what you are eating and where you ran into problems. If eating only lean meats got you into trouble but was more or less tolerable except energy wise, than solution is clearly just getting more fats. IICR, there are plenty of options in your area for acquiring fats and fatty meats or fish. Even WF stocks grain-fed bones and suet that are free of hormones ans partially fed grass. and there is always mail order for higher quality which can be at your door in days. Prior to that, you don't have to get rid of grains overnight, just leave them towards the end of the day as a separate meal with vegetables and plant or dairy fats. 2 raw meat meals with eggs, should be suitable energy right now with the later cooked plant carbs.

currently it sounds much more of a recipe for problems with constipation, fermentation and all kinds of issues that even cooked fooders wouldn't have so i'd have to disagree. I wouldn't recommend it for a healthy person never-mind someone with issues. I would rather have all those symptoms you mention all the time without relief than consciously do things I know are dangerous for my health. Any sensitivities are going to have to be catered to otherwise or stabilized by above or on a clean whole foods cooked diet.

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 07:16:44 am »
I would still say that if I had a choice of cooked starches and raw meat or cooked starches and cooked meat I would choose the first option. Buckwheat is not a grain but is utilized similarly, but that's beyond the point.

Raw eggs is actually an excellent idea. I've been meaning to try them again after quitting regular consumption 2 months ago. The effects of ceasing to drink raw eggs have been negative. I'll have to try with and without the white. The white did a good job of coating my stomach, and if I show a sensitivity to yolk alone, the white will lift that. Otherwise I can also try mixing egg yolk into my high-fat ground beef meal to make the concentration less dense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk