Author Topic: being paleo in new zealand  (Read 7096 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
being paleo in new zealand
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:45:20 pm »
Heyy I was wondering how is it to live in new zealand and eating raw paleo?
I heard that the climate there is the best for the grazing animals so almost everything there is grassfed.
Raw diary is legal there... sounds like heaven to me..

Or what do you think would be the best place to live and be raw paleo?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:04:35 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: being paleo in new zealand
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »
Best place would be Malibu, California. There are a LOT of primal dieters in LA, so it would be a great place for meeting other raw-meat-eaters plus because of their numbers they often go in for bulk-buying and raw food coops which helps lower the prices of their raw foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:45:16 pm »
Those primal dieters you are talking about man they are registered in this forum??
Next year in 2013 I am  going somewhere i dont even care where it has to be a place where grassfed meats are available year round im tired of eating grain finished shit and watching all this zombie slaves around me im sick of it!

I really would like to contact them before going there.
Thanks for bringing malibu on my radar bro

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:36 pm »
You would have to e-mail Aajonus to get yourself on his mailing list. Most primal dieters meet each other for the first time during seminars/workshops given by Aajonus.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:25:44 am »
NZ is a pretty cool country. I recommend it.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:29:57 am »
Heyy I was wondering how is it to live in new zealand and eating raw paleo?
I heard that the climate there is the best for the grazing animals so almost everything there is grassfed.
Raw diary is legal there... sounds like heaven to me..

Or what do you think would be the best place to live and be raw paleo?

I think the best place would be anywhere you could get a large variety of cheap, fresh seafood.  A sunny, fairly warm climate would also be good, for vitamin D.  Also, being somewhere warm enough to grow fruit most of the year would also be good.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:12:25 am »
I was wondering about this, too!  My husband and I want to move somewhere with a nicer climate within the next few years.  Unfortuently CA is out, because of the high cost of living and too many laws. 
I've always wanted to go to New Zealand...or Australia.  Both sound like such cool places to live!
I'd love to live somewhere near the ocean and have fresh fruit, grass fed meat and seafood year round...wow, that make life SO much easier!!  But my husband is wary of things like flooding and hurricaines and I guess a lot of islands/coastal states might start going under water eventually??!!  I want to move somewhere that I can count on being able to stay for the rest of my life.  Of course I want to travel, but I like to have somewhere to call home.
I'd love to hear other suggestions for nice places to live for raw-paleo folks. :-)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:07:28 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 04:38:28 am »
I was wondering about this, too!  My husband and I want to move somewhere with a nicer climate within the next few years.  Unfortuently CA is out, because of the high cost of living and too many laws. 
I've always wanted to go to New Zealand...or Australia.  Both sound like such cool places to live!
I'd love to live somewhere near the ocean and have fresh fruit, grass fed meat and seafood year round...wow, that make life SO much easier!!  But my husband is wary of things like flooding and hurricaines and I guess a lot of islands/coastal states might start going under water eventually??!!  I want to move somewhere that I can count on being able to stay for the rest of my life.  Of course I want to travel, but I like to have somewhere to call home.
I'd love to hear other suggestions for nice places to live for raw-paleo folks. :-)

I've been thinking about moving to Costa Rica for a while. It's stable, and the people are very nice.  The cost of living is much lower than the USA, and the fruit, beef, and seafood are phenomenal. 

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 04:47:36 am »
I've been thinking about moving to Costa Rica for a while. It's stable, and the people are very nice.  The cost of living is much lower than the USA, and the fruit, beef, and seafood are phenomenal. 

You been there already? how is it there ?

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:31 am »
Oooo Costa Rica sounds interesting! 

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:35 am »
Ah, Costa Rica. Please anyone, check out the Papagayo Peninsula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papagayo_Peninsula) and please report back.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk