Author Topic: Base Temperature/Pulse  (Read 5329 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Base Temperature/Pulse
« on: May 31, 2012, 12:18:27 am »
Interesting phenomenon.  I think ray peat does this as well but the guy i learned it from was Josh rubin east west healing.  Anyways, they use temperature and pulse to test foods and eating habits.  You take your temp before you eat something or before you exercise.  Then you take your temp after you eat or exercise.  Drops mean drops in metabolic activity and should be avoided or can mean intolerance.  For instance i have wondered if i have been eating way too many eggs lately.  Did the temp test and dropped .8 degrees after a sip.  Just had some lightly steamed turnips and brocolli with a little raw olive oil and sea salt and back up at 98.6  Basically the premise is that sometimes it doesn't matter how clean you are eating.  I might eat raw eggs and get sick.  You might eat raw eggs and feel amazing.  I found this true last night as well.  Ate some rare red meat with avocado and temp shot up.  This varies depending on activity levels, time of day, season, climate, etc.  They have used it to fix metabolic abnormalities, hormonal issues, adrenal health, etc.  I plan on using these tools to basically just see which foods my body likes right now.  I figure after awhile i will intuitively know.  It seems that usually its some of the foods we eat every day or do not want to give up that don't agree with us.  EG: gluten, dairy, eggs, etc

Thoughts?
-Joe

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Base Temperature/Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:35 am »
Joe - That's very interesting. You might also like muscle testing because then you could test BEFORE ingesting.

I have to do that more - I mean - such a great tool and I don't do it. I have gotten to the point where I will know before the test by intuition and still I don't take the time or energy to do it. I kinda just eat what I want - but thanks for the reminder!

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:02 am »
Anyways, they use temperature and pulse to test foods and eating habits.  You take your temp before you eat something or before you exercise.  Then you take your temp after you eat or exercise.  Drops mean drops in metabolic activity and should be avoided or can mean intolerance.    I figure after awhile i will intuitively know. 
Thoughts?

Hi Joe,
for what its worth, traditional chinese medicine and indian ayurveda teachings cite thermal nature of foods.
One can use thermometers, but simply being aware, works too. Some foods (eaten by themselves)  do cause a cooling effect on the body (certain fruits or vegetables for instance) and it becomes quite self evident.
But then these 'cooling' foods have their place too, depending on climate, physiological requirements at the time, combinations, and so forth.
Alternatively, some foods are more 'heating', or even seem 'neutral.'
But, with awareness, 'correct' foods for a particular time, seems to sort itself out.
Kind wishes, J

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21:06 am »
Isn't the Ray Peat stuff more about allergies - not cooling or heating types of foods? Any kind of food can make an individual's temp go down because of allergic reaction - even if it's a heating food?

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 10:36:29 am »
Hi Dorothy
dont know much about Ray Peat, but there can be a correlation between longterm low body temperature and increased allergy.
Kind wishes, J

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 07:20:22 pm »
I haven't really looked into Ray peats stuff either.  Don't really plan to.  I try to eat intuitively but i think things can get away from us sometimes.  I mean some peoples guts are so screwed up they can't stomach raw vegetables or even unripe fruit or nuts.  So it's all personal i guess.  Yea i think i will keep my thermometer around here to figure out what my body likes.  I also have a suspicion that intolerances arise when we eat too much of any one thing.  For instance, i don't think my body likes eggs or carrots right now.  I have been eating eggs most days for months now.  I had been juicing carrots for awhile.  So i think rotating food is always a good precaution and just healing up the gut.  You know what amazes me?  We are truly omnivores.  What other animal can eat such a wide variety of things as humans?  Leaves, roots, nuts, berries, fruits, fish, meats.  It's almost like we are supposed to live here =)

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 09:16:45 am »
dont know much about Ray Peat, but there can be a correlation between longterm low body temperature and increased allergy.
This was a clear way for me to determine when I was eating allergenic foods early on in figuring out my issues. I always ran a temperature at roughly 97*F until I found my current diet. Now I run in the mid 98*F area.
An interesting personal observation is I break out in a fever very shortly after I eat something I'm allergic to. I'll bump up into at least the 99*F range and will sweat a lot. After roughly 15 minutes this sweating subsides. I haven't thought to check my temperature regularly after I eat something to see when that subsides.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:13 am »
djr - when you were in the 97 range what happened to your temp. when you ate things that were part of your right diet and what happened when you ate things that you were allergic too?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk