Author Topic: Binge eating  (Read 8428 times)

Offline paleonewb

• Forager
    • View Profile
Binge eating
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »
Hi
so it's a little embarrassing but i use to binge eat a lot- it was a bit of an emotional crutch which i find sad.

Now a year later i find it do it less. But the rare times i find myself having similar moments- i.e eating despite not being hungry(which i find is once a month when my period is due) the difference now compared to last year is that i'm paleo but still having a giant binge on chicken is still not good the only difference is its not chocolate/bread etc
I wondered if anyone else has dealt with anything similar to this, or women how do you deal with those wonderful times of the month?
and what do i do after it? i had an episode this morning but since then i've had veg and humus and water but i'm bloated as heck(not sure whether that's food or time of month)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:03:47 am by TylerDurden »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Binge eating
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:26:52 am »
Before I started eating very low carb raw paleo, I had BED (binge eating disorder). Once I removed grains, legumes, and heavy starches from my diet, I never trigger binges. Instant healing! Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I'm going to take a wild guess that you are still eating cooked meats -I can overeat any cooked food. Another wild guess: you are limiting raw fats. If you eat enough raw fat, moderate protein, and low carbs, binges just don't happen. Good authors on this topic include Gary Taubes and Richard Atkins.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:55:42 am »
I was a binge eater too when eating carbs and even nuts and cooked meat. But raw animal food is very satisfying and does not trigger binges. Raw liver seems to be especially satisfying giving long lasting energy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:21:49 am by alive »

Offline paleonewb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 04:10:56 am »
Never heard of this raw meat?? Is it safe

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:23 am »
Very safe.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:09:31 am »
Hi Paleonewb
some good advice from Eveheart, Alive and CK, regarding healing effects of eating raw food.
Another factor that for some folk impacts heavily on binge eating is when some aspect(s) of life is not in a harmony of sorts: relationship, career, finances, some under-lying stress, etc, and is causing dis-ease.
It is not uncommon that when ones relationship with this situation is resolved, (and one is then at ease) the binge eating is no longer an issue.
Kind wishes, J :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:07:08 am by Wattlebird »

Offline paleonewb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:18 am »
Hi Paleonewb
some good advice from Eveheart, Alive and CK, regarding healing effects of eating raw food.
Another factor that for some folk impacts heavily on binge eating is when some aspect(s) of life is not in a harmony of sorts: relationship, career, finances, some under-lying stress, etc, and is causing dis-ease.
It is not uncommon that when ones relationship with this situation is resolved, (and one is then at ease) the binge eating is no longer an issue.
Kind wishes, J :)

hi yeah it is only when things are really really bad or somethings out of my control that it happens but nowadays it only happens when its the start of that day of the month i just shovel it in like no tomorrow but im fine life wise :S i notice a pattern as it's the same day roughly and i always try to prepare for it- obviously i dont buy in junk food i eat clean but still large amounts of certain foods aren't great!

sorry to be daft but by raw meat what do you mean its new to me?
Thanks guys :)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:25 am »
WWW.eatwild.com food safety for how safe grass fed beef, Lamb goat and Buffalo are.

Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline nathi1388

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 01:29:25 pm »
 I never trigger binges. Instant healing! Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I'm going to take a wild guess that you are still eating cooked meats -I can overeat any cooked food. Another wild guess: you are limiting raw fats. If you eat enough raw fat, moderate protein, and low carbs, binges just don't happen.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:58:39 pm by cherimoya_kid »

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 09:00:52 am »
Hi paleonewb, it seems you were searching for cooked paleo diets and you've stumbled on a raw paleo diet site.  The difference being that most members here are striving to eat their foods uncooked, including raw animal meats, because of the damage that cooked foods can cause.  It's a welcoming place for anyone to ask issues on eating more raw, and a lot of the members still eat some cooked as well.  People have recovered from some pretty amazing stuff on here, and there's a wealth of info, so stick around if you're interested at all.  The important info for newbies forum is a great place to start checking stuff out -

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

particularly this article about easing into raw -

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

Of course, it's a forum, so if you have any questions, ask away.

Offline Suoaei

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
In response to the question about eating on your menstrual cycle, I've noticed a couple of really important things for me: My menstruation is a time of extreme healing, detoxification, and emotional release. In order to support this week in a healthy way, I eat large quantities of darker meats (like steak or lamb, or organs) as well as a LOT more fat than usual.
Yes, I eat those things completely raw, but even for cooked meat eaters I think this is good advice. Also, I stay away from caffeine, sugars, and anything else that will speed up my metabolism and make me even hungrier!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk