Author Topic: How long between cooked and raw meals?  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
How long between cooked and raw meals?
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:03 pm »
Hi. What is the minimum time to leave between cooked and raw meals in your experience?

I left about 5 hours between yesterday and had a bit of stomachache...not sure if it was mixing or what but I've usually got iron guts.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How long between cooked and raw meals?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »
Hmm, about 2 or 3 hours?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:29:02 am »
Weird. I've just eaten the second half of the cooked and no problems there.

The meat was a stew that was slow cooked. I don't know if that means more weird bacteria grew in it that clashed with the raw bacteria.

Maybe it was random I suppose, but I hardly ever get that.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:26 am »
Very very very good question !!!!

Before my workouts 1hour before I drink a shake with raw eggs and fruits, sometimes after my workout I feel like my stomach is empty when sometimes its not so if I'm going to eat a cooked paleo meal when the shake is still in the stomach I can get diarrhea the other day easily...

I consume alot of eggs and I recently have a lot of loosen stools I suspect that salmonella bacteria is overgrowing the good bacteria in my guts because of huge eggs consumption !!

Anybody can help me out here my bowel movements are really fucked up now because raw and cooked paleo mixes in my diet..

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:29:36 am »
Eggs and fruit probably not so hot together there. I find carbs in general problematic.

I've been zero carb for a bit and my digestion has been better. Not saying I'm going to do it forever, but it's information.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:03:39 pm »
I find that generally no matter when I eat cooked I pay the price. Ie. some kind of push-back.

Had some Sushi on Friday, figured it was raw, but realized it was mostly rice and tofu with a bit of fish. Felt like I ate lead. I unfortunately eat even when not hungry if I "seefood", but am slowly learning to "Just say no to cooked food, period"
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:36 pm »
Some other RVAFers take enzyme supplements and probiotics and/or "high-meat"/EM-products before eating a cooked meal. It seems to work for them, though I can personally only vouch for "high-meat" working in that regard. Just a thought.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 11:15:00 pm »
Some other RVAFers take enzyme supplements and probiotics and/or "high-meat"/EM-products before eating a cooked meal. It seems to work for them, though I can personally only vouch for "high-meat" working in that regard. Just a thought.
Interesting. That might be useful to know if I am stuck.
Cheers
Al

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 02:01:55 am »
I eat raw and cooked meat and eggs together just fine.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 02:37:42 am »
Yeh, well I suppose hundreds of people eat rare steak every day, so not necessarily a problem.

I have found some combinations a bit gnarly though. I had raw liver for lunch, then cooked chicken at night. That made my stomach work overtime all night.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:00 am »
Interesting. I never have that issue. And I eat one big meal in the evening before bed.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 03:12:40 pm »
Interesting. I never have that issue. And I eat one big meal in the evening before bed.
I think it has to do with the fact that raw and cooked foods require different digestive processes, so that someone who is more used to one than the other may well find that switching suddenly to the other kind of food causes stress on the digestive system. Switching from raw to cooked would involve far more strain than the other way round as it seems that cooked foods require higher levels of stomach-acids to be produced to digest them properly, plus more enzymes need to be generated by the body etc. Someone who is regularly eating lots of both raw and cooked foods at roughly the same time, would have fewer issues with digestion, I'd imagine, as their bodies would be used to both types.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 12:46:42 am »
How long have you been eating raw? What percentage of your diet is raw?
Cheers
Al

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 02:03:46 am »
Hard to say, raw-al, because my "cooking" is really warming in a pan. I did completely raw ZC for about a year, but I was not putting as much muscle on as I wanted, and foods I like to eat a lot of, like eggs, I did not like raw. So I went to lightly cooking my meat, eggs and organs and added butter and coconut oil. I really don't know what answer to give you. I consider myself paleo zero carb first, and semi - raw second.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk