Author Topic: Sashimi, Seaweed, Daikon  (Read 6288 times)

Offline kanotim

• Forager
    • View Profile
Sashimi, Seaweed, Daikon
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:38 pm »
The silvery fish is sanma or pacific saury. Its an oily fish high in vitamin D and currently in season in Japan- one of my favorite fish. The red flesh fish is hamachi or yellowtail. It's tasty too but I think sanma is more flavorful. Both of the sashimi come from wild fish. I seasoned the fresh seaweed with Japanese flavored vinegar and sesame seeds. The white stringy stuff is daikon or Japanese radish, a good source of vitamin C. I got the fish precut (sanma has tons of bones) from the grocery store so it was a pretty easy meal to prepare.

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
Re: Sashimi, Seaweed, Daikon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:10:39 am »
mmmm..that looks dam tasty gotta get my ass to Japan some day.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:49 am »
That looks so good!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:23:49 pm »
Nice photos!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk