Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 53303 times)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Cancer
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:40 pm »
Raw Al, are you talking about Hamer’s theory ? The name of « New German Medicine » is already by itself laughable. Beside, it doesn’t work : 2 persons I know who relied on Hamer’s method died of cancer, including Nicole Burger.

Sabertooth, your hypothesisis is remarkably similar to GCB’s, which I tried to summarize here: 

The assumption is that by eating cooked food or an excessive amount of any specific foodstuff, the body gets polluted by abnormal molecules and foreign proteins. Before becoming a part of us, ingested foreign proteins must be cut into amino acid which are subsequently re-formed in suitable human proteins, as well explained by Seignalet   under his point 3 here http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggforeword.html :

“3. Protein metabolism. To keep this foreword reasonably short, only protein-based non-initial molecules will here be described as against sugar- or fat-based NIMs.Man's bodily tissues mainly consist of proteins that are amino acid chains. Renewing man's protein pool requires h4im to metabolise vegetable and animal dietary protein. It is therefore crucial for dietary proteins to be properly broken down into their constituent amino acids. Should some amino acids retain peptide structures of varying lengths, they may not be suitable for human protein synthesis. By way of illustration, imagine human proteins consist of English words, animal proteins of French words, and vegetable proteins of Russian words. If separate letters were taken from say, French or Russian words, it will still be possible to produce English words. However, should some sequences remain clustered, the fragments yielded will fail to be part of an English word. Thus, the French combination "qui" or the Russian "vitch" form no part of any English word.”

If you’re interested, you can read the complete explanation of Seignalet, which is quite technical. (select the text, copy and paste it on Word or whatever to get rid of the mess on the webpage) but certainly more accurate than my approximate attempt.

To make it short, cancerous cells continuously appear in our bodies. These are earmarked by what I think is called in English “antigen presentation”, so that the immune system can identify them and destroy them. Now, when the body is polluted by foreign proteins which trigger the cells  having included them to show a specific type of “antigene presentation” on their membrane, the immune system is thought to finally go “on strike” (tolerance),  failling to destroy those cells anymore as it would involve destruction of a large proportion of the body.

If, by an unfortunate coincidence, a cancerous cell happen to have precisely the same “antigene presentation” than the one the immune system is on strike against (tolerant), then it won’t be destroyed and will be able to freely proliferate.

That’s why GCB thinks an excessive consumption of proteins is dangerous, especially if those proteins have a shape only slightly different of human proteins, so that the immune system could too easily fail to recognize them as foreign. It appeared that meat of domestic mammals can easily be consumed in excess, leading to some foreign proteins having not been broken into amino acids by our enzymes to pass through the bowel lining.  That’s what would have led to the cancer of Nicole, according to GCB. This problem is much more acute with dairy products to which our adaptation is unlikely to be complete and our instinctive stop signals extremely weak.

Seignalet :

“In all such diseases, ailing health is caused by an immune reaction to an antigen's having inveigled into the body. Now, pure fats are not immunogenic. As for pure sugars (polyosides), there are only immunogenic with a molecular weight above 100,000, and, additionally, T lymphocytes are not involved in immune response to those polyosides (2). Hence, there is grounds for thinking that the antigenic culprit is a peptide.”

Would it mean that cream and  butter would not trigger the same problem? I don’t know, I’m incompetent to tell.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08:27 am »
Raw Al, are you talking about Hamer’s theory ? The name of « New German Medicine » is already by itself laughable. Beside, it doesn’t work : 2 persons I know who relied on Hamer’s method died of cancer, including Nicole Burger.
Regarding the name, who gives a hoot what something is called. I don't recall the reason for the name but I think it was a play on words or a joke.

I cannot defend or attack it. Every method of healing or whatever has people who benefit from it and people who don't. I've seen people on this forum who swear that this diet is nonsense and only later is it discovered that they did not follow directions. Following directions is frequently the part that patients do wrong and also there is the knowledge or ability of the practitioner.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2013, 06:20:08 am »
Who is Nicole Burger?
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2013, 07:00:33 am »
Who is Nicole Burger?

Guy-Claude Burger's late wife, who died of cancer.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2013, 07:36:21 am »
As I've said before, if someone is unwilling to defend or even investigate something that they're posting about, that is a strong clue for me that there's not much to it. I will not look into it further unless the proponent can defend it. It's a form of honesty and self-filtering provided by the proponent that I appreciate, because it's quite helpful to me in that it saves me the time I otherwise would have wasted investigating it.

The typical response to bogus therapy failures is to claim that the one who tried it didn't do it perfectly enough and the typical counter to skepticism of poorly supported odd therapies is to attack the skeptic, claiming he's biased and not sufficiently open-minded, or lacking knowledge, or doesn't have the right mindset to accept the received wisdom, or there's something else wrong with him, instead of producing supportive solid evidence and explanatory mechanisms. I hope we won't be seeing that in this thread.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:06:57 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:47 am »
As I've said before, if someone is unwilling to defend or even investigate something that they're posting about, that is a strong clue for me that there's not much to it. I will not look into it further unless the proponent can defend it. It's a form of honesty and self-filtering provided by the proponent that I appreciate, because it's quite helpful to me in that it saves me the time I otherwise would have wasted investigating it.

The typical response to bogus therapy failures is to claim that the one who tried it didn't do it perfectly enough and the typical counter to skepticism of poorly supported odd therapies is to attack the skeptic, claiming he's biased and not sufficiently open-minded, or lacking knowledge, or doesn't have the right mindset to accept the received wisdom, or there's something else wrong with him, instead of producing supportive solid evidence and explanatory mechanisms. I hope we won't be seeing that in this thread.
So I take it you didn't read the link I provided in post # 97
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2013, 09:59:02 am »
Correct, your unwillingness to defend tells me to not bother reading. Your example was my guidance.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:11 am »
If the story of this article is true then any placebo device or method is helpful.

http://www.sustainedaction.org/Explorations/placebo_effect.htm

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:22 am »
Correct, your unwillingness to defend tells me to not bother reading. Your example was my guidance.
Defend what?
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2013, 11:10:59 am »
If, if, if....

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2013, 11:36:01 am »
If, if, if....

"If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
Excellent so now it is a poetry thread. LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 15, 2013, 12:24:17 pm »
LOL If you want to convince an Irishman, or one of recent Irish stock, either show him, or use poetry. Ordinary words, without action, will not do. ;-)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:29:56 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2013, 02:06:19 pm »
I have seen a lot of speculation that fungus/yeasts (such as candida) can initiate an irritation that can be come cancerous. They say that the increase in antibiotics and high consumption of starchy / sugary foods allows these yeast cells to thrive. This seems like a reasonable theory.

I have also seen many reports on the Internet of people curing their cancers, and many other illnesses, by taking wood turpentine or kerosene. Google search for turpentine or kerosene & cancer and have a read of the results. Given that modern 'evidence based testing' is expensive and therefore only undertaken if the compound is patentable I doubt there is any scientific evidence available. If I had cancer I would probably give this a try.

It is likely that paleo folks consumed tree sap as a remedy for some conditions, which would contain the compounds present in vegetable turpentine.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »
This study suggests that the DNA mutations that cause cancer are created by our own enzymes which are created to kill viruses, and these enzymes can inflict collateral damage on our own DNA. Presumably this is happening all the time and normally we can repair or neutralize this damage, but as our health deteriorates due to modern lifestyle etc then the damaged cells can proliferate:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130814132445.htm

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:35 am »
The most recent theory connects cancer to evolution and our ancestors far far back in time.
http://phys.org/news/2013-07-theory-uncovers-cancer-deep-evolutionary.html

"We envisage cancer as the execution of an ancient program pre-loaded into the genomes of all cells," says Davies, an Arizona State University Regents Professor. "It is rather like Windows defaulting to 'safe mode' after suffering an insult of some sort." As such, he describes cancer as a throwback to an ancestral phenotype.

"As cancer progresses through its various stages within a single organism, it should be like running the evolutionary and developmental arrows of time backward at high speed," says Davies.

This could provide clues to future treatments. For example, when life took the momentous step from single cells to multicellular assemblages, Earth had low levels of oxygen. Sure enough, cancer reverts to an ancient form of metabolism called fermentation, which can supply energy with little need for oxygen, although it requires lots of sugar.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2013, 07:24:51 am »
Thanks for the link, aLptHW4k4y. Warburg talked about that decades ago but was largely ignored, unfortunately. His research has recently been getting a second look and others have been investigating this angle. Here's another example:

Cancer proliferation and therapy: the Warburg effect and quantum metabolism, Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling, 2010,
http://www.tbiomed.com/content/7/1/2

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2013, 02:37:42 pm »
It seems to me this is absolutely compatible with GCB's theory, explaining something upstream. I'm I wrong?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2013, 03:42:25 pm »
I read of a recent experiment that supports this, where they said it was the environment around the cell that made it decide to become cancerous. Since the cell wasn't getting what it needed from it's community it decides to revert to a base form and 'go it alone', behaving like single celled organisms and multiplying. The study said they could take a normal cell and place it in a cancerous environment and it would become cancerous, and visa versa.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2013, 07:29:50 pm »
Yup, instead of a disease of the human body host, cancer seems to be a natural cellular survival mechanism in which the cells revert to their ancestral form. The cancer cells aren't seeking to destroy the host, just to survive themselves.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »
Yup, instead of a disease of the human body host, cancer seems to be a natural cellular survival mechanism in which the cells revert to their ancestral form. The cancer cells aren't seeking to destroy the host, just to survive themselves.

This seems plausible, though my main point is to express notion that; if the rest of the being is strong enough then it will be able to contain these rogue cells and eliminate them from the body. Aberrant cell growth is common to life, and only becomes cancer once the bodies defenses become inhibited.

I will try and better outline my own theory a little more clearly.

I think that there is a way to view cancer in terms of the final degeneration from AVs progression of infectious disease.

When an organism becomes toxic or out of balance it becomes susceptible to bacteria and yeast, that feed off the sick tissue, and stimulate the body to purge. These infections are symptoms of imbalance and not the direct cause of illness.

If the organism still persist in bad habits or remains within a bad environment then the next stage of defenses will be employed. It will become besieged by viruses, that are meant not only to cleans the body and eliminate damaged cells, but are also involved in the restructuring of DNA itself. Viruses are the mechanism of adaption that enables life to find balance in all circumstances.

Viruses are very enigmatic. I suggest that they may be involved in maintaining homogeneity between the many cells of an particular organism, as well as in the species as a whole. I further postulate that they may be responsible for maintaining biologic order and genetic viability throughout all of life. They are Gaias mercenary that act as enforces of genetic order. They infiltrate and tare apart the DNA of aberrant cells and transport instructions to the rest of the body and trigger the immune system into making appropriate responses in order to re-balance the system. The anti bodies produced in these reactions can alter genetic expression.  In this way the main body of the organism is able to overcome the "mutiny" and pass on the alterations to the next generation. Evolution occurs in accordance to whatever nature requires for survival within ever changing environmental conditions.

Scientist have discovered cancer viruses that are active in the majority of tumors biopsied and tested, but they fail to see the true connection between the tumor and the virus. Animals in factory farms that are raised in unnatural ways are host to countless new strains of cancer virus, and develop tumors regularly. Its natures desperate attempt to preserve the lives of these creatures in the midst of great environmental adversity.

Sadly I must digress that not all of these adaptions to GMO, antibiotics, pesticides, and other unnatural environmental contamination are ideal by any means. On the whole, I fear that irreversible damage to the genetic structure of large numbers of people is occurring in our present world, and will continue to occur well beyond the foreseeable future. Leaving a legacy of chromosomal chaos and epidemics of conditions like cancer that are associated with environmental degradation.   

When the environmental degradation within the being too great that none of our natural means of coping are enough to bring the body back into balance, then the viral mutations can no longer be controlled by the immune system, and the damaged cells that would normally be eliminated are allowed to run wild, the result being malignant and often incurable cancer

Once the body reaches the state that it can no longer check the growth of the mutant cells, then it becomes very difficult even for all the kings horses and all the kings men to cut out the cancer and put Humpty Dumpty together again. Even the most holistic methods will often fail in the face of malignant cancer, because of the degree of genetic degradation that has occurred. There will never be an outright cure, but its possible that we can develop methods of best treating each occurrence case by case, utilizing holistic treatments designed to optimize the rejuvenative capacity of the individual.

But if the conditions that lead to cancer are recognized early enough and the appropriate corrections to food and environment are made then I am of the opinion that most need not ever have to worry about dying from cancer.

When it comes to cancer ,Prevention is the best medicine.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:06:40 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »
Inducing a fever has also successfully been used to wake up the immune system and cure cancer:

A swamp area outside of Rome was a breeding ground for malaria infecting mosquitoes. The government decided to drain the swamps. The incidents of malaria went way down, but the cancer rate, which had been significantly below normal, almost immediately went up to the normal cancer rate in Italy.

http://www.naturalnews.com/031751_fever_cancer.html#ixzz2cD9ln9G0

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2013, 01:14:16 am »
They use to treat syphilis by inducing a malaria fever.

This brings up another good point regarding the nature of cancer.                         

Since the advent and near universal application of vaccinations and antibiotics cancer rates have skyrocketed.
There may be a direct connection between suppression of viral infections and the development of cancer and other degenerative illnesses later in life

Even the treatment of mild childhood infections with antibiotics will suppress the development of the immune system to such an extent that would leave one susceptible to cancer later in life.

By interfering with the natural order, and suppressing the immune systems attempts to purge and restructure itself in these battles with viral outbreaks and bacterial & fungal overgrowth, medical science has disrupted the process by which the genetic structure of life have used to maintain balance since the very dawn of life.

By doing so they are responsible for weakening the species as a whole in order to persevere the lives of the weak, and preventing natural selection from taking its course. Cancer and genetic degeneration are in part due to the side effects of modern medical intervention.

Instead of recognizing the environmental reasons ;such as; processed factory farmed foods contaminated with a myriad of substances,plus large quantities of heat generated aberrant proteins etc: or the countless other pollution of land, air , and water; or the suppression of the immune function with vaccines and drugs; as the main culprits of the moderate cancer epidemic; it seems that the bulk of research being conducted to explain cancer away as some genetic disorder that is a result of faulty genes.

Saying cancer is genetic is a cop out and one the medical establishment can use to escape responsibility of having to uncover the actual factors of causation.

It irks me to no end when I hear some lab coat suggesting such and such a gene is responsible for such and such a cancer. Damn fools, Of course cancer has a genetic element to it, but the genetic predisposition is not some just some random occurrence, it is a symptom of genetic damage caused by trans-generational imbalances and abuses that arise as a result of environmental conditions.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 01:27:17 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2013, 02:43:09 am »
They use to treat syphilis by inducing a malaria fever.

This brings up another good point regarding the nature of cancer.                         

Since the advent and near universal application of vaccinations and antibiotics cancer rates have skyrocketed. There may be a direct connection between suppression of viral infections and the development of cancer and other degenerative illnesses later in life.

There probably is. That’s what GCB thinks and it’s a logical inference. 

By interfering with the natural order, and suppressing the immune systems attempts to purge and restructure itself in these battles with viral outbreaks and bacterial & fungal overgrowth, medical science has disrupted the process by which the genetic structure of life have used to maintain balance since the very dawn of life.

Yes, but the instincto theory doesn’t see it as a battle. These bacterial and viral illnesses are precisely meant and wanted by the body to expel some toxins, the virus bringing a complement of genetic info (DNA or RNA) which codes a specific detoxination “program” for a particular class of toxins.  But when a constant influx of toxins (produced by cooking or contained in non paleo foods and similar to the ones currently expelled}  is repeatedly ingested during 3 meals or more per day, the “program” runs away out of control. 

In the same way, bacteria proliferation is normally (under instinctive raw paleo nutrition) controlled by the immune system and the body uses these bacteria for specific purposes too.   

By doing so they are responsible for weakening the species as a whole in order to persevere the lives of the weak, and preventing natural selection from taking its course. Cancer and genetic degeneration are in part due to the side effects of modern medical intervention.

Yes, except that even the lives of the weak ones has in several cases proved to be preserved with an instinctive raw paleo diet. 

Now I'm astonished that malaria too could be effective against cancer!

Cheers
François

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2013, 03:39:43 am »
If the story of this article is true then any placebo device or method is helpful.

http://www.sustainedaction.org/Explorations/placebo_effect.htm
That was an excellent link, YS. Sorry about the poem joke, I was in a jokey mood at the time. The linked page has some good quotes:

"The nocebo effect is probably also the basis for so-called voodoo sickness--even voodoo death--that can occur when a tribal person knows he has been hexed."

"Clearly the placebo effect has been one of the most powerful forces for healing throughout human history and shamans may have been the first to harness it systematically."

I would say any placebo device or method is potentially helpful, as not everyone is helped by them. Nonetheless, the placebo effect has produced complete cures in some people. One of the keys is believing they will work, and one thing "the Iceman" Wim Hof stresses is that one should not embark on any of his therapeutic techniques without believing in it heartily and embracing it. Wim talks about the cold as being "my friend." Fear seems especially detrimental. Fears tend to lead to negative self-fulfilling prophecies.

This seems plausible, though my main point is to express notion that; if the rest of the being is strong enough then it will be able to contain these rogue cells and eliminate them from the body. Aberrant cell growth is common to life, and only becomes cancer once the bodies defenses become inhibited.
And perhaps when the host environment becomes hostile to cell survival via normal cooperative functioning. Humans are increasingly coming to be seen as more collections of organisms than single units. When cellular survival becomes at risk in the host environment, the normal cooperation can break down and it becomes every cell for itself.

The higher life forms require oxygen to live, whereas for the more primitive life forms like cancer cells, too much oxygen is death. Mitochondria are descended from aerobic bacteria that were one of the earliest life forms to thrive on oxygen. A lifestyle which boosts oxygen at the cellular level (seemingly paradoxically in part via hormetic intermittent hypoxia) not only inhibits cancer cells, it promotes mitochondria biogenesis.

I've discussed it before, but it bears repeating--it's rarely reported, but "decreased blood pressure and low oxygen saturation" predict "death within 48 hours with a 95.0% positive predictive value and a 81.4% negative predictive value"  (http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120912/Blood-pressure-oxygen-saturation-predict-death-in-terminally-ill.aspx. These tests are cheap and effective but don't generate much revenue, so they are rarely used.)

Why is low oxygen a marker for death? One likely reason is that cancer cells thrive in low oxygen. Why is that? Cancer cells are cells that have reverted to their primordial origin, which was the days before oxygen when all organisms relied on carbs and/or amino acids to survive and oxygen was toxic to them.

Fever and/or infection have indeed shown anecdotal benefits in cancer treatment. It's currently unknown whether the mechanism is via heating the body or provoking the immune system to identify and attack cancer cells. Infections with fever have been correlated with killing of cancer cells and "scientists are trying to harness the power of fever and infection in a controlled way to treat cancer patients." (Jordan baffled doctors when his leukaemia vanished, new evidence suggests a remarkable explanation... can a fever cure cancer? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1313773/Can-fever-cure-cancer-Jordan-baffled-doctors-leukaemia-vanished-new-evidence-suggests-remarkable-explanation-.html)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2014, 07:01:21 am »
Guy-Claude Burger's late wife, who died of cancer.
That doesn't speak very well for a raw diet........
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk