Author Topic: Dennis  (Read 9887 times)

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
Dennis
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:38:02 am »
A short film about the (fictive) dedicated bodybuilder Dennis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zFeHJzS5E

I found it really good

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 07:19:36 am »
That was really good. Gripping.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:20:43 am »
Brilliant.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:43:35 am »
depressing...

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
I think Im missing what this was suppose to mean?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 03:24:46 pm »
I think Im missing what this was suppose to mean?

It is a short story about a soft, hurting spirit in the body of the incredible hulk who still lives home with his all dominating mother, who was hurt by his alcoholic father. She constantly tells him that you cannot trust men and that he is like his father (he is not). But what is Dennis if not male. He is almost a characature of an alpha male. I suspect he have had to lend ears to such abuse since his teens.. It is also, unfortunally, not untypical that really dedicated bodybuilders end up recluse and their lonely lifestyle dictated by training slowly makes them socially inept because they feel like tools when they are around other people who have less dedication to something. I suspect Dennis lives with his mother because of his training. It was completely time consuming from his teens and he never got a job, education or girlfriend in his quest for size. Slowly but surely, he looses the ability to relate to others.

The obvious story telling mecahnism is Small boy in a Big man. You have this fragile, delicate soul in what appears to be the human equalent of Fort Knox. But but no matter how big you get, being "outside" and aware of it, hurts.. Also Dennis come to realise that nobody actually sees him, but only his remarkable physique and he looses his sense of value as a person (aka. "Im not really Dennis anymore, Im just a freak. People dont look at me because they are impressed. They look as if I was a cow with 2 heads")  After being humiliated by the insensitive bitch and her friends who only saw a lump of meat and teh sexy times, he goes home to the only place he knows that is completely safe from hurt. Mom's bed. And while there is no sexual tension on his side, the last frame of his mother is fucking chilling!.

I loved it. They are going to make a full movie about his attempt to find a woman in Thailand.

*)The film works on so many levels.

**) The word I am looking for is "paradoxical". The driving mechanism is paradoxes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:30:29 pm by Brother »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jeremy
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:30:10 pm »
hahah except the pure pwnage series are for pure humor, I'm a PC gamer so I've seen all of them x))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk