Author Topic: Market Pictures  (Read 17825 times)

carnivore

Re: Market Pictures
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 12:48:55 am »
How come all that fat that I see is that nice soft-yellowish kind? Hardly any of my beef has that... What's the difference and its' cause?

The age. Grassfed beef must be old (more than 3 years) to accumulate fat. Grainfed beef fatten faster.

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 06:46:50 am »
How come all that fat that I see is that nice soft-yellowish kind? Hardly any of my beef has that... What's the difference and its' cause?
I think it depends on where the cow is raised. Maybe the grass fed fat in the Philippines will be different because of the tropical plants and lush greens all year round? IDK though.

William

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 07:02:07 am »
How come all that fat that I see is that nice soft-yellowish kind?

Eating green grass gives the fat the yellow colour, means it's grass-finished beef. I get it once/year from my farmer supplier, otherwise the fat (back fat)is always from his neighbours, all  grass feed, none grass finished. I don't know what the neighbours feed their cattle, and I don't want to know.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 08:16:20 am »
Wow!  ???  That's one huge farmer's market. Much bigger than the one we have here in Vermont, USA. And the stalls are so packed with food. Just one of the stalls probably holds as much as 1/3 of the entire farmer's market here. Most of our stalls just have a handful of items put out on them and the rest is packed away and pulled out as needed.

I hope some day that people in the USA embrace farmer's markets again.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 08:42:32 am »
GS, that's an amazing market! consider yourself lucky. is it an every day market or is it only on certain days?

im hoping there will be similar markets when i go to thailand this summer!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 09:06:45 am »
GS, that's an amazing market! consider yourself lucky. is it an every day market or is it only on certain days?

im hoping there will be similar markets when i go to thailand this summer!

I'll have to zip in the ins and outs of this market in a future video, there's more.
This is an everyday market.  This is why I moved my office here.
Beef is always freshly killed at 12 midnight and served here for sale at 5am.
Sea food is just as fresh and with some species, alive.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 11:51:33 am »
That's fabulous GS

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2010, 12:28:06 pm »
... killed at 12 midnight and served here for sale at 5am.
Sea food is just as fresh and with some species, alive.

Must be so nice.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 11:37:06 am »
... The usual types of food that are thought of as "ethnic" around here at such places tend to involve grains and other plant foods and cooking, such as gyro sandwiches, pastries, rice dishes, fried fish, avocado, breadfruit, jams, spices, pickled items, etc. ...

Have you seen breadfruits raw?  There are only two varieties I know of.  The ones with the seeds the size of chestnuts, and the ones with the tiny little nothing seeds. 

There's a big difference between ripe, semi-ripe and non-ripe.  Breadfruit seem to be in the category of latex fruit (they pour white sticky stuff, real sticky).  I suppose they could be made into flour for a non-gluten bread (if one were to eat bread), or maybe it could be fermented into some type of porridge.  The ripe ones are nice raw, but you never find a good ripe one.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 12:15:13 pm »
     The ripe ones are nice raw, but you never find a good ripe one.

For sure.  I've given up on finding a nice one that can be eaten raw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk