Author Topic: So how do raw paleosts sleep?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
So how do raw paleosts sleep?
« on: February 18, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »
I know to relax properly you should squat and not sit but what about sleeping? Does the western hemisphere at least do this correctly? Are beds best? Should you just lay down flat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: So how do raw paleosts sleep?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:20:59 pm »
I believe HGs would just lie on the ground and make a small indentation in the ground for their heads.

In modern times, I don't think it matters. Some rawpalaeos do just sleep on the floor, most sleep on beds as normal.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline pc701

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 02:18:55 pm »
By standing up and with our eyes open...

Offline afroza

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 02:32:34 pm »
I have noticed since I moved to India and sleep on the floor that my muscles relaxes much better. When I used to sleep in a soft bed the tension in the muscles from moving/working during the day, would still be there when I woke up, but I was so used to it that I didn´t notice. Not until I slept on a hard floor and the resistance made it nessecary for me to consciously let go of muscle tension. It is absolutetly impossible to sleep on hard surface if your body is tense, it hurts. It is like someone massages your muscles a bit hard, it hurts as long as you can´t relax them. I think that´s one of the reason why the people here has very flexible bodies even in old age in spite of malnutrition, they squat, they sleep on the ground/ floor and their body´s don´t get spoiled using to much furniture.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:51:49 pm »
I have noticed since I moved to India and sleep on the floor that my muscles relaxes much better. When I used to sleep in a soft bed the tension in the muscles from moving/working during the day, would still be there when I woke up, but I was so used to it that I didn´t notice. Not until I slept on a hard floor and the resistance made it nessecary for me to consciously let go of muscle tension. It is absolutetly impossible to sleep on hard surface if your body is tense, it hurts. It is like someone massages your muscles a bit hard, it hurts as long as you can´t relax them. I think that´s one of the reason why the people here has very flexible bodies even in old age in spite of malnutrition, they squat, they sleep on the ground/ floor and their body´s don´t get spoiled using to much furniture.

I used to sleep on the floor every night.  Then I moved in with a girlfriend and slept in a bed for about a year.  Then we broke up, and it took several months for me to be comfortable sleeping on the floor again.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 05:44:44 am »
... When I used to sleep in a soft bed the tension in the muscles from moving/working during the day, would still be there when I woke up, but I was so used to it that I didn´t notice. Not until I slept on a hard floor and the resistance made it nessecary for me to consciously let go of muscle tension. It is absolutetly impossible to sleep on hard surface if your body is tense, it hurts. It is like someone massages your muscles a bit hard, it hurts as long as you can´t relax them. ...

I used to always prefer to sleep on the floor.  I could never fall asleep in bed.

I believe HGs would just lie on the ground and make a small indentation in the ground for their heads...

I want to try that.  Anyone else here do this?  I think David Wolfe would approve.  He talks about how important grounding is.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:21:37 am »
I sleep on a natural latex bed...comfy and sturdy....no springs,no dust mites.good stuff.It takes more motivation to get out of bed though... ;)sleeping on the ground? not for me...I hate camping man.I'm not into the "caveman" thing....I like raw foods and all,but I'll take meditation for developing conciousness over sitting naked in a tree like David Wolfe.(no offense to him,I've met him quite a few times.We get along very well.I'm just referring to his pic on his first book cover).
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk