Author Topic: What are your best intro foods and meals for zero carb?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Rawhanna

• Forager
    • View Profile
What are your best intro foods and meals for zero carb?
« on: January 18, 2011, 01:40:58 am »
I'd greatly appreciate learning what each and all of you feel are your most favorite raw meat and fat meals.  I presume:

your taste changes seasonally, monthly, weekly, etc.,
your native level of activity and health can determine the menu
your daily meal frequency can affect your choices
costs and availability have an influence
etc.

I've been a raw omnivore for about 9 years (having ambled my way through all identities of eating raw--from vegan to carnivore) and since then have come to appreciate a simple, pedestrian approach: I don't desperately need pseudo-science babble and exhaustive PubMed stitching to accept a representation or try a new way.  I remain continually amused that the human diet (raw and cooked!) is one of the few areas of online communication that invokes a hyper level of universal discussion about granular causality, as if obtuse slices of bio-chemistry and endocrinology is of use at the market counter or on my plate.

That said, I'm just desiring a couple ground level discoveries with with this post:

1. learn what is a common choice or the most popular raw meats and fat meal among us many here
2. expand the menu of whole and simply prepared raw foods beyond what I commonly choose at the butcher or Whole Foods meat counter

I much appreciate that you guys take the time to share, am most thankful this site exists and am grateful to have opportunity to contribute at times.

Enjoy your vitality!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What are your best intro foods and meals for zero carb?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:04:14 am »
Since you seem to be moving towards raw, zero-carb, it's a bit odd to look for variety as raw, zero-carb by implication involves reducing variety of foods. There are even some hardcore ZC cases like Lex who   happily eat the same mix of raw grassfed meats/organs/pemmican etc.,mostly  from the same farm, for years, without any variety at all.

That said, for variety within raw animal foods, an RZCer should look into raw wild game and raw wildcaught seafood. They have a higher level of nutrients in them than even the best organic, grassfed meats, so you don't need to eat as much. Plus, once you get used to them, you will find that they taste much better too.

Also, go in for a variety of raw organ-meats as they have a higher level of nutrients in them than raw muscle-meats and, IMO, taste better. They are also cheaper than muscle-meats which helps. In the case of raw wild game, the whole carcass will still also have several of the organs inside the gut area.

RZCers seem to be quite focused on raw suet, though, frankly, I find raw marrow to be tastier and higher in nutrients.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 02:37:27 am »
not a pure carnivore, but i'm cyling between about 5 sources of pure fats (includign raw unfrozen butter), 4-5 domesticated ruminant land animals, and most organs other than lung and brain multiple times per week. I like seafood and some poultry/eggs and generally eat at least 2-3 times per day or more.

Don't know what to say other than that. If you havn't tried it, goat sounds good for menu expansion. generally I choose bison or lamb over beef whenever I'm given the opportuity, as I know I'll be ingesting tons of beef products/fats as is.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:08:48 am »
Not pure ZC either but quite fond of coconut oil and egg yolks for fats lately.Egg yolks mix right in to my steak tartar.Unbelievably good and easy to do for beginers :)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk