Author Topic: Carb containing meats?  (Read 19127 times)

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Carb containing meats?
« on: December 17, 2010, 02:27:23 am »
Well, I've been a carnivore (not raw yet, but I'll get there eventually) for the past month or two and I was wondering something. When you eat meats that have a good amount of carbs such as liver, do you think the carbs affect you? I read from some people that carbs in meats don't matter at all, but then I see some people saying they will probably make you gain some weight. I searched this but I couldn't find it, so I was wondering what the thought is here.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Carb containing meats?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 02:57:51 am »
Well those RZCers who've eaten raw animal foods with carbs in them like raw liver, raw mussels etc., have generally said they were fine with them, and when they mention suffering from plant-foods, they  also generally mention suffering from all kinds of other plant nutrients, even plant-based raw fats like in avocadoes. This leads me to think that the issue of carbs is irrelevant, and that these people simply have issues with every plant-based nutrient, rather than just a sensitivity towards carbs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:05:52 am »
Well those RZCers who've eaten raw animal foods with carbs in them like raw liver, raw mussels etc., have generally said they were fine with them, and when they mention suffering from plant-foods, they  also generally mention suffering from all kinds of other plant nutrients, even plant-based raw fats like in avocadoes. This leads me to think that the issue of carbs is irrelevant, and that these people simply have issues with every plant-based nutrient, rather than just a sensitivity towards carbs.
That's interesting. Might be the trouble digesting plant foods after not eating them for quite some time. I wonder how someone would do if they ate enough animal carbs to have a carbohydrate burning metabolism.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:45:39 am »
I wonder how someone would do if they ate enough animal carbs to have a carbohydrate burning metabolism.

I know people who swear by the raw milk cure diet, 100% raw milk and no other food.  They do it for months, some even for a couple of years.  I'm sure milk doesn't have enough fat in it that they would only burn fat.

My cat sometimes only eats chicken liver, beef liver and calves liver for days.  I like it when she does that, as she eats well then and is very happy.  When she eats other foods she won't eat very much, and is a little more difficult to deal with.  I wonder if cats can burn carbs.  I know humans' and cats' metabolisms are different, more different than cats and dogs I guess.

I don't know how a human would do on an all liver and mussels diet.  I hate eating raw mussels anyway, so I can't even imagine what my metabolism would be.  What other animal foods have significant quantities of carbs?

when they mention suffering from plant-foods, they  also generally mention suffering from all kinds of other plant nutrients, even plant-based raw fats like in avocadoes. This leads me to think that the issue of carbs is irrelevant, and that these people simply have issues with every plant-based nutrient, rather than just a sensitivity towards carbs.

This is why I still toy with the idea of ZC.  I don't do well with avocados, nor coconuts.  I don't take sun well, so do better with vit D foods.  I don't do well without animal based vit A foods.  Veg sources don't cut it.  The fiber of a little bit of green smoothie or many other sources mess me up from slightly uncomfortable plugged up and readying to exit this body quickly.  Animal foods just do better for everything, as long as they're raw.  If they're cooked, for the most part plant foods are much better for me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:48:59 am »
A pure raw milk diet does seem pretty interesting. I mean, that was (or was supposed to be) our diet from when we were born until we were ready to eat food.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 05:58:00 am »
    I know people who swear by the raw milk cure diet, 100% raw milk and no other food.  They do it for months, some even for a couple of years.

Good luck if you're lactose intolerent l)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 06:07:44 am »
A pure raw milk diet does seem pretty interesting. I mean, that was (or was supposed to be) our diet from when we were born until we were ready to eat food.
  Raw cows' milk is completely different from raw human milk. Human milk is designed to be consumed by humans so has all the right nutrients in the right ratios, which cows' milk decidedly doesn't.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 06:08:25 am »
    Animal foods just do better for everything, as long as they're raw.  If they're cooked, for the most part plant foods are much better for me.
  Same here. I far prefer raw plant foods to cooked animal foods.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Taste Sense

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:19:37 am »
Yea I am puzzled by how some can run on pure dairy for a long time. Dairy makes me tired, fat, hungry, but despite all this makes me want it more. This is explained it terms opioid receptors being overstimulated by the dairy presence. As for concern about carbs from meat, I would just skip eggs and seafood. Organs are great. Liver is still one the most compact foods on earth for man. Can't be that bad... I usually swallow it like a pill and keep loosing weight like on the that show " the biggest looser", but only without the exercise. As for plants, currently I can't stand nor tolerate them, and so would pick cooked meat over it any day.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 08:23:57 am »
  Same here. I far prefer raw plant foods to cooked animal foods.

So you'd rather go vegan then eat cooked animal foods? Lets say you had to pick either of the two, raw vegan or cooked paleo, to eat for a long time I mean....would you choose raw vegan?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 11:41:35 am »
So you'd rather go vegan then eat cooked animal foods? Lets say you had to pick either of the two, raw vegan or cooked paleo, to eat for a long time I mean....would you choose raw vegan?

I might be tempted to raw vegan.  There are a  lot of raw vegan community supports where I live.  Only problem is, I've done it before extensively.  It was not as sustainable nutritionally as RVAF.  Cooked vegan makes me lethargic, nervous and mucusy.  I might be tempted to cooked 0Carb.  I would hope it could work for six months.  I've never even done it for more than several days.  I'm thinking though that if I got used to it, maybe I could live with it more healthfully.  Raw VAF is easier.  I'm so glad it exists.

I heard the raw milk diet+raw liver is sustainable longer than the milk alone, maybe to do with the iron's availability?  I tried a milk liver smoothie, just those two ingredients.  It didn't taste good.  I know people who drink it that way and seem to like it.  Doctored up with other ingredients: kelp, lemon, unheated honey, French herbs, garlic clove etc it can taste good.  I can't imagine drinking it more than a few days in a row.  I'd rather eat my meat plain, and raw milk with raw egg.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline SteakNchop

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 04:23:30 pm »
   I might be tempted to raw vegan.  There are a  lot of raw vegan community supports where I live.  Only problem is, I've done it before extensively.  It was not as sustainable nutritionally as RVAF.  Cooked vegan makes me lethargic, nervous and mucusy.  I might be tempted to cooked 0Carb.  I would hope it could work for six months.  I've never even done it for more than several days.  I'm thinking though that if I got used to it, maybe I could live with it more healthfully.  Raw VAF is easier.  I'm so glad it exists.

I heard the raw milk diet+raw liver is sustainable longer than the milk alone, maybe to do with the iron's availability?  I tried a milk liver smoothie, just those two ingredients.  It didn't taste good.  I know people who drink it that way and seem to like it.  Doctored up with other ingredients: kelp, lemon, unheated honey, French herbs, garlic clove etc it can taste good.  I can't imagine drinking it more than a few days in a row.  I'd rather eat my meat plain, and raw milk with raw egg.
Milk and liver smoothies?  -v

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 05:10:35 pm »
  Of course. Judging from many  dietary experiments pre-RPD, I very quickly deteriorated on a diet rich in cooked animal foods, but took much  longer to get issues with a raw vegan diet.  A raw vegan diet meant that I avoided some minor issues, and became quite lean, though it did not solve my major problems pre-rpd diet. What made me eventually quit raw vegan/fruitarian diets was more to do with getting massive hunger-pangs  and eating ridiculously high daily amounts of raw plant foods.

* Of course, a really long stint of raw vegan(5 years plus) might start getting nasty, but raw vegans can use artificial B12 supplements and the like re deficiencies.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:21:03 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »
In my case I would choose cooked paleo than raw vegan, definitely.
I don't imagine eating only plants.

When it comes to carb containing meats I think that horse meat has got some amount of carbs (it's a little bit sweet)
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:21 pm »
Good luck if you're lactose intolerent l)
But raw milk has that enzyme to break it down by itself and AV said there are no lactose intolerent people but casein in your liver from the old processed diary?????

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 10:07:44 pm »
But raw milk has that enzyme to break it down by itself and AV said there are no lactose intolerent people but casein in your liver from the old processed diary?????
  AV is a bloody fool as regards his raw dairy stance. He has made similiar moronic, utterly false, claims such as the notion that mixing raw honey with raw milk makes it OK to consume for those with lactose-intolerance and so on.  The fact is, my own allergies towards raw dairy have stayed the same despite being almost a decade into going rawpalaeo, so I have good reason to doubt this mindless Aajonism.
" Ron Paul.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 12:19:06 am »
 AV is a bloody fool as regards his raw dairy stance. He has made similiar moronic, utterly false, claims such as the notion that mixing raw honey with raw milk makes it OK to consume for those with lactose-intolerance and so on.  The fact is, my own allergies towards raw dairy have stayed the same despite being almost a decade into going rawpalaeo, so I have good reason to doubt this mindless Aajonism.

Exactly.First of all milk is designed to be baby food ONLY.Look at the animal world.Once they are weaned,do you see any of them go back to their mothers for milk?No
Of course,in our society,we will bottle it up and sell it as the healthiest product in the world for everybody.One of the biggest dietary scams ever.Raw or otherwise.This is one of the reasons I'm not the biggest AV fan.Even though I've met him and he had a positive influence on me,his salesmanship of dairy and honey(which are both sweet as heck by the way) turned me in a different direction.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:24:59 am by King Salmon »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 02:15:52 am »
There is one positive thing one might say re AV as regards his raw dairy stance. From his point of view, most people have an unreasonable, near-hysterical, media-inspired, phobia towards raw meats and it takes quite some time for them to get used to the idea of eating them. So, it pays for him to especially  promote those raw foods which SAD-eaters have no problems  at all with re taste such as raw dairy, raw honey, raw coconut cream and raw nuts. The only exception to the above is raw veggie-juice, which tastes foul by itself, but AV gets around that by telling his Primal Dieters to sweeten the stuff with lots of raw honey or raw cream.
" Ron Paul.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 02:47:48 am »
If AV would have started with promoting raw meat,he probably would have starved to death ;)
TD,your point is old news.I don't see how what he did for dairy and honey as a "positive" thing.
Are you kidding me?I'm lactose intolerant and it made me worse(obvious now, but I tried to listen to his advice).Also,I've had candida issues.Raw honey was also not good for me.Anything high sugar is not good for me.Get the point? Btw,I'm not the only one who has problems with dairy and honey(again,obviously).

Think about it.So many people,including some on this forum are drawn towards something sweet like milk and honey....it's an easy sell -d

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 03:29:56 am »
IMO honey is healthy when consumed in moderate amounts, from time to time.
I realized that when I eat it this way I feel good.
When I start eating it every day and in greater amounts I feel rather bad.
It's an addictive food so must be taken with caution. :)
But I agree that it's not for everybody. Simalarly is with alkohol ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 03:38:04 am »
If AV would have started with promoting raw meat,he probably would have starved to death ;)
TD,your point is old news.I don't see how what he did for dairy and honey as a "positive" thing.
Are you kidding me?I'm lactose intolerant and it made me worse(obvious now, but I tried to listen to his advice).Also,I've had candida issues.Raw honey was also not good for me.Anything high sugar is not good for me.Get the point? Btw,I'm not the only one who has problems with dairy and honey(again,obviously).

Think about it.So many people,including some on this forum are drawn towards something sweet like milk and honey....it's an easy sell -d
  Yes, I know. I used to hate AV's guts because I had wasted 6 really hellish months of my life consuming lots of raw dairy in 1 form or another, and because of all the old wives' tales I had been told re mixing raw honey with raw dairy etc. However, the truth is that, when I was at a very, very low ebb in my life, many years ago, I searched the Internet for many, many hours in order to find just 1  guru who advocated raw meats and gave some detailed advice re them. By that stage, I had tried practically every major dietary combination(other than macrobiotics, perhaps?) out there, and only RVAF diets were left - but I was so scared out of my wits by the whole media b*ll about mythical food-poisoning dangers of raw meats that I didn't have the confidence to try a RVAF diet on my own. The only other raw guru online I had managed to find and read a little about was GCB, but he had recommended against raw meats, at one point, so was not helpful as I did not want to go raw vegan again. So, if I had never heard of AV, I would never have eventually gotten the idea of going rawpalaeo, so I am very grateful to him for showing me a part of the way to proper health, even if he got it wrong on  a number of things.

" Ron Paul.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 04:11:19 am »
...When I start eating it every day and in greater amounts I feel rather bad.
It's an addictive food so must be taken with caution. :)
But I agree that it's not for everybody. Simalarly is with alkohol ;)

I recently got a raw honey mixed with a lot of bee polen, it has almost a neon yellow-tangerine color and intensely sweet but also sour! Its sick!

What is happening to our favorite black afro guy?  O0   I hope he doesn't go the Michael Jackson route.

Of course. Judging from many  dietary experiments pre-RPD, I very quickly deteriorated on a diet rich in cooked animal foods, but took much  longer to get issues with a raw vegan diet....

* Of course, a really long stint of raw vegan(5 years plus) might start getting nasty, but raw vegans can use artificial B12 supplements and the like re deficiencies.

For me 5 days plus, of raw vegan will start to get really nasty :P
That is interesting how different we are, I can be sustained for at least a year by having fatty grilled steaks and some kind of raw plant material as a side food. Add starch to that I can live happily like that for life.
However with raw vegan I will deteriorate, first of all i'll get skinny with a distended stomach, be always cold and tired, be always hungry and always try and think of what raw plant to consume next, in the end loosing my mind, consuming my soul and becoming an evil bitch.
I could do it for a little while if I gorge on avocados and coconuts but only for a short stretch.

In my case I would choose cooked paleo than raw vegan, definitely.
I don't imagine eating only plants.

Me either, for me raw meat is like "the icing of the cake" to cooked meat. What is essential is that there is meat, how its prepared is a bonus element. Raw meat is invigorating, cooked meat is insanely filling, but I never overcook it anyway, most of the time if I do cook the meat I have to re-cook it for my family. Like last time I was making everyone burger patties, I make mine so inside the ground beef is warm but pink and raw, and for them its gotta be brown all the way through  ???

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 04:28:08 am »
Me either, for me raw meat is like "the icing of the cake" to cooked meat. What is essential is that there is meat, how its prepared is a bonus element.
"The icing of the cake" - excellent description :)
Once on a social meeting there were only raw veggies available - I ate a lot of them and felt like I ate a paper.
Eating too many fruits results in bad digestion.
So the only answer is MEAT AND FAT - it's like an oxygen for me

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 04:28:56 am »
The only other raw guru online I had managed to find and read a little about was GCB, but he had recommended against raw meats, at one point, so was not helpful as I did not want to go raw vegan again.

Where did you find that ? I’m not aware that he did so. AFAIK he only warned about eating too much meat (of domesticated mammals, but perhaps he didn’t make that clear enough). Anyhow, he always ate meat and couldn’t be more far away from vegans.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 06:25:55 am »
  I searched the Internet for many, many hours in order to find just 1  guru I was so scared out of my wits by the whole media b*ll about mythical food-poisoning dangers of raw meats that I didn't have the confidence to try a RVAF diet on my own. The only other raw guru online I had managed to find and read a little about was GCB

What's wrong with studying Price/Pottenger? They were around long before AV.AV mentions Pottenger's cats quite frequently to prove his points.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk