Author Topic: List of Edible Animal Stuffs to ask for.  (Read 2373 times)

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
List of Edible Animal Stuffs to ask for.
« on: September 10, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »
Hey can we get a list of all the animal parts which could be worth asking a butcher for, as well as perhaps some of their properties? My butcher's going to get me some whole kidneys, with the adrenal glands and suet on, but I'd like to get what else I can from him too, I don't want to be missing anything which could be important. As well as the list/properties, a comment on the taste would be interesting too. By the way... In lamb's fat, does anyone else frequently find juicy sacks of greenish/whitish/yellowish goo? What is this stuff?

5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: List of Edible Animal Stuffs to ask for.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:07:47 pm »
Well, if you know the right people who don't care re UK laws, you might try raw, grassfed brains. Other than raw kidney/liver/tongue/heart, that's the main thing. Oh, and perhaps raw eyeballs(very fatty)  and raw testicles(an acquired taste, IMO).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dsohei

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: List of Edible Animal Stuffs to ask for.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:11:17 am »
since no one knows you are going to be eating it raw, do some research on OFFAL cooking and recipes. many of the top chefs love using offal and it's considered a connoisseur's niche.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk